Best Decision I've Made in 22 Years...- Dallas, TX

I'm 5'7" and weigh(ed) about 140... size 32F bras...

I'm 5'7" and weigh(ed) about 140... size 32F bras were growing tight on me and my breasts just didn't match the rest of my body. I could hide three fingers beneath the sagging and had lost fat on my shoulders from the bras digging in. It was bad enough that insurance covered approximately 90% of the costs. I had the procedure done a few days ago and I can already tell that it was a great decision. I feel lighter, my lower back feels better, and I feel more confident, even in the surgical bra. I have J shaped scars rather than the traditional anchor-shaped. Once I've healed a bit, I plan to come back and add before and after pictures.

Welcome to the community.  You are going to feel so much better once you are all healed up.  Keep us up to date with your posts.

Adding pre- and post- op pictures

I see my doctor today for my first post-op check-up! We're removing the ends of the sutures and doing a general check-in. Here are some before and after pictures. Once the incisions heal, I'll add the "final" product!

Wow! You are looking great! This gives me great hope, as I'm about the same body size and shape as you were pre-op. I'm 5'7" and 145 and a 32FF...hoping to go down to a C...dr. asked me if I had a choice, would I rather him make me smaller or larger than a C...I said, definitely err on the smaller side! Will be following your progress.
Good luck! I'm so happy with the results, worth every second of it.
It looks like you are healing nicely, I go in this week and am hoping to have the same results. Thanks for sharing, helps us future pre-oppers

Got the surgical tape off!

I'm thrilled with the results. The scars are much smaller than I expected and are getting less noticeable every week. As you can see, my right incision is giving me some problems, I think it's a minor infection but my doctor says it's nothing to worry about. In the meantime, I'm rubbing Bio-Oil on twice a day. I see my doctor again on Tuesday, I'll keep y'all updated!

Hey, that are wonderful results :) What size did you want to go and what do you think they are now? Greetings
I wanted to be about a 32C, I think they're somewhere around a C or D, so I'm pretty happy!
You are healing nicely!

Having a hard time

Well I won't lie, I'm pretty unhappy today. I've been dress shopping and bra shopping and I'm having all the same problems that I used to have... all the dresses that fit me are too small in the breast area, but the ones that fit my breasts are too large everywhere else. Plus, I got professionally sized, and I'm a 32F... which is exactly what I was pre-surgery. My old bras even still fit. My breasts are starting to sag again (which is normal, I know, but indicative of a problem). I really wanted to go so much smaller, down to a 32C, and I'm so disappointed. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my four month check-in, and I'm not sure what to say.

I don't feel any better about my body, in fact, I feel worse. I may just be in a bad place right now, but I feel like all I got out of this surgery were some nasty scars and a lighter bank account. Have any of you guys been through this? I really don't know what to do, I'm just sad. Advice is welcome. Pictures are attached.

I think that yours look smaller and premier, and the shape is improved. I am having similar feelings to you though. I wonder if it is a four month, they have dropped and fluffed thing?
That was meant to be perkier. I am sorry, it changed it on me!
When I had a fitting last week (I am six weeks post-op) the lady brought a DD and I was aghast. NO WAY was I a DD! She explained that with the swelling and scarring along the sides, I needed larger space under the breast area and the wings in order to hold things in place. She brought a smaller band size as she upped the cup size. At least she explained it to me. I am still big after surgery but definitely smaller than I was and they are the same size, which was my main concern. I think yours look smaller and perkier, don't fret. Can you try on your old bras and clothes to compare?
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Very professional and understanding. The entire UT Southwestern plastic surgery department has been wonderful, I highly suggest them.