36G and over It... Dallas, TX

So...I have talked about a breast reduction for...

So...I have talked about a breast reduction for years, but didn't really think that I would ever actually go through with it. I am so tired of having to buy tops extra big so that it will fit across my boobs. I'm tired of not being able to get cute empire waist tops or maxi dresses because my boobs are huge. My consultation is tomorrow. While I am starting to be a nervous wreck, I'm really excited to start this process towards being a C cup and am hopeful to have my medical insurance cover it.

Consultation...rescheduled.

*sigh* I was very excited to have my consultation yesterday, but it ended up having to be rescheduled. Of all the days of the year to possibly come down with strep, it would be the day of my breast reduction consultation! UGH! I'm going to call today to get my new consultation date with Dr. Anigian and I have another consultation for mid-July with Dr. Young. I wish I could get everything done right away, but with my sister's wedding (in which I'm matron of honor) coming up at the end of August and moving to a house coming up about the same time...I'm probably going to be shooting for mid-September to actual schedule the surgery.

Eek...

Finally posting a pic...so looking forward to not being this large.

Delayed post...consult went great!

Tuesday morning I went to the doctor and actually had my consultation. As I pulled into the parking lot, I was so nervous I wanted to throw up! Walking in...my nervousness was completely misplaced. The receptionist was kind. The nurse was so sweet.

The doctor was fantastic! She actually sketched on a piece of paper as she was explaining the surgery to me. She didn't use a bunch of medical jargon, but "dumbed it down" so that I could understand. She thinks that she can easily get me down to the C that I would like to be. I'm slightly higher risk because of the size of my breasts and what I want to go down to, so I'll have an overnight hospital stay.

Now the torturous part. Waiting to hear from insurance. 6-8 weeks!

Waiting...Waiting...

It is so hard to be patient and wait to hear from the insurance company! I want to call every day and ask, but at the same time, I know I was told 6-8 weeks, so I'm trying to give it at least the 6 weeks before I start being a pest! EEK!

Updated my title...just got fitted on Friday for a strapless bra for my sister's wedding. I'm 36G. Can't wait to be SO MUCH SMALLER! (Victoria's Secret vs specialty shop...here I come!)

I'm approved!

I spoke to United Healthcare yesterday and I am approved for my breast reduction! I'm looking at out-of-pocket costs of approximately $100. My surgery is officially scheduled, too. January 5, 2015. I will be starting the year and ringing in my 27th birthday with new, itty bitty breasts. I am a nervous wreck, but unbelievably excited, too!

34 days, but who's counting?

The countdown is seriously on! I've talked about the possibility of getting a reduction for YEARS now. It's not just a thought or an idea anymore.

I'm approved through my medical insurance
I'm scheduled for my surgery!

January 5th, these large boobs that won't even fit into a G cup at this point are going away. I'm a smidge sad if I'm totally honest because I know my husband really loves them and I feel like I'm having a part of my body removed. However, I am really excited. My husband is completely supportive and will love my new boobs, but all the better...I will.

I'm asking for Victoria's Secret gift cards for Christmas and my birthday so that I can go shopping a bit after my surgery and get some goodies. :)
Dr. Patty Young