Tried to Erase Few Small Lines Ended Up with Ugly Droopy Eye ... - Dallas, TX

Last week I went for some Botox injection between...

Last week I went for some Botox injection between my eyebrows and my crows-feet, after couple of hours around each needle point started swelling and at night time I had two completely red eyes that I couldn't even open and extremely swollen, I ended up going to emergency room at mid night and getting few allergy shots, and that problem continued for few days. I am on steroid pack for 10 days and now after 11 days all the redness and puffiness are gone! I still have dark spots under both eyes, and I am left with a odd look on my left eye. I don't leave the house unless for a short trip to supermarket and using sunglasses. I missed work and I feel sad ! Holiday season is coming and my daughter is getting married and I don't know how long I have to deal with this half close eye !

day 18 , not completey Ok yet !

It's day 18. My left eye is half closed, it looks little better than the first week , but It's really bothering me. Using the drop helps but around 3-4 p.m. when my eyelid is tires almost closes. I don't have confidence looking in people eyes.

Thanks for the review update.  I found this in the Q&A and thought you might find it helpful:

How Long Does Eyelid Droop After Botox Last?

I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. Hopefully it will resolve very quickly. I don't put Botox under the eyes as it's not now necessary as I use a serum that has fantastic effects with no needles or risk. It's called 'Erase' it's available on the Internet and it's also on YouTube as the 3 minute facelift. It only lasts 10-12 hours and can be re-applied as and when needed. It negates the risk of the droopy lower eye lid ( lower eye ptosis). It will give you a totally refreshed look, and can be used on any part of the face and body. It us not a replacement of work from your practitioner. But certainly puts you in the driving seat to get quick results. Please anyone else reading this, be very cautious on Botox under the eyes? Use a serum that's safe with amazing results and no side effects. Great for men and women. I use it on myself too as I know the risk of the lower eye droop! Not a good look to display my work. But it doesn't replace botox it's an add on guys.
Thanks for your comment, actually she didn't inject Botox under my eyes, only above my eyebrows! But there is a particular area that they should avoid injecting, and obviously she didn't. It's my left top eyelid which has drooped.
Under theses circumstances, I should steer clear of future botox treatments. I wish you a speedy recovery.

That happened to me 2 yrs ago -I woke up 10 days after botox and it looked like someone had punched me in both eyes. I cried for days. I iced my eyes every morning for months. It took a year for me but all is good again. I did facial exercises to make myself feel like I was doing something to fix my mistake. It seemed to help a lot but I've gotten lazy with it now. I would never get botox ever again as I now believe it weakens the muscles so would age you even faster. Really is the perfect business model

I'm sorry to hear you wouldn't get botox again. Incidentally it doesn't weaken your muscles it just shrinks away the message sender to your muscles. I'm afraid your comments are unfounded and think as you initially did have botox you obviously are concerned and care about your looks. Why not find a different practitioner to do it for you. Look on line for reviews of their work. Or try the 'Erase' serum for the 3-minute face lift. But it's not a replacement for Botox. But 'Erase' seriously does work and gives excellent results. Hope this helped
I'm not sorry I'm not doing botox again. If it works for you thats great. Also there are many doctors that believe it weakens/atrophies the muscles around the eyes.. As its only been FDA approved for 10 years there is not enough long term research to know i the effects. I did say it was my own belief and is based on a lot of things I've read since my ordeal and I'm comforable now not putting poison in my face every 4 months. If I didn't have a bad reaction and looked like crap for over a year, who knows I could have been the biggest advocate for botox but it didn't turn out that way for me. I also do realize there are alternate opinions about botox and works well for many people (many of my friends included) so don't plan to debate it. Good luck to all those who do and don't do it..
Thanks for your comment, It's day 18 , the heaviness of my left eyelid is bothering me. my left eye look tired and half close, I don't have confident being in public ! specially looking in people's eyes.
oh, hope all things bacome well.

Oh wow, sorry you are having to deal with all of this.  Was this your first time trying Botox?