New Scar Pics! -Tummy Tuck with MR, No Lipo... So Happy!- Dallas, TX

When I got pregnant I gained 50 lbs and had a 10...

When I got pregnant I gained 50 lbs and had a 10 lb 2.6 baby, naturally.
It took a long time to lose all the weight but I finally did it! I was very unhappy with the all the saggy, loose belly skin that was left behind and really missed being able to wear a bikini or sit down without my belly flopping out. I could never relax my abs or I would look 4 mos pregnant. The skin all around my belly was puckered and pruny. It was really the skin that bothered me most.

Years ago, I looked into laser resurfacing and other non-surgical methods, but every doctor I spoke to told me I needed a full tummy tuck to make any real difference and give me what I wanted. I decided to think on it a bit more.

My daughter is 9 now, and I finally decided to have the procedure. Full tummy tuck with muscle fascia tightening. No lipo because I don't need it at 5'9" and 133 lbs.

I am in the first week of my recovery right now. I read a lot of stories on this site and was prepared for the worst... but so far the experience has been pretty good! My only annoyances have been the tubes (in the way and a pain, but understandably necessary) and I still can't walk fully upright.. so my back hurts if I stand and walk around too much since I'm all hunched. I feel like my recovery has been very easy with no complications so far... partly due to the fact that I am a yoga instructor, so I am in excellent health. I have also been taking Arnica every 4 hrs to reduce swelling. I have no bruises and very little drainage.

I spoke to quite a few doctors in the Dallas, Plano, Richardson, and Southlake areas before deciding on Dr. Deuber. I chose him due to his honesty, realistic expectations, passion and excitement, and price. His wife (a nurse in the office) has taken yoga classes from me, so they really understood what I wanted to achieve. I was able to text them day or night and email and always got quick and thorough responses. I felt very comfortable and supported!

Below is a day by day so far...

Day 1 - had surgery early morning, home by early afternoon. sleeping off and on, not eating much. little nauseous from the anesthesia. taking hydrocodone and arnica every 4 hrs. able to walk to the bathroom ok. Slept fine in a recliner. no need for sleep pills.
Day 2 - eating well. no nausea. still taking hydrocodone and arnica. took the first shower. very scary taking the compression garment and gauze off for the first time. all went fine. emptying drainage bulbs twice a day.. each time the amount is below the first indicator line. slept fine on the couch sitting up.
Day 3 - switched to ibprofin and still taking arnica. moving around more. able to stand a little straighter. the swelling has really kicked in today as I can feel the pressure against the binding garment. lower back hurts from hunching.
Day 4 - stopped taking all pain meds so i won't be constipated. don't need them anymore anyway. had my first bowel movement today. Everyday I am able to move around better.
Day 5 - went to PS and got one drain removed (didn't hurt at all). can't wait for the other to be removed. Husband drove me and afterward we went out for a beer and some food. drinking is ok now. Able to sleep on my back in bed with my legs propped up.
Day 7 - walking more upright. back hurts less. feeling great! just a little tight. Still taking Arnica every 4 hrs. Swelling seems to have gone down a bit.

Today I got the second drain removed (8 days PO)...

Today I got the second drain removed (8 days PO) and am feeling so much more comfortable! I am able to stand upright and walk around without back pain. I can sleep flat on my back and on my side and move around very well.

I am no longer taking Arnica and have moved on to a more personal remedy to help with the skin healing. Need a homeopath? Check out David Shapley at the Dallas Meditation Center.

I forgot to mention earlier that during that first week, I was also taking 1000mg of Vitamin C everyday to help promote healing. And.. the doctor removed almost 1 pound of skin!!

This whole process has been much easier than I thought it would be. So happy! Allowed myself to actually look at bikinis ... can't wait!

Today I had my 2 wk PO appointment. The doctor...

Today I had my 2 wk PO appointment. The doctor took off my surgical tape and I got to see the scar for the first time. Not nearly as ugly as I thought it'd be! There are a couple blisters and I have some nerve aggravation, so I need to avoid any tight clothing. I can no longer wear the the compression garment, but he said that is ok. Next appt is in 3 wks and he said to wait that long before I start working out again. I am allowed to do light treadmill and eliptical work. Posted pics of the scar.

4 wks PO - posted new scar pics. Using Maderma...

4 wks PO - posted new scar pics. Using Maderma Scar Gel on it everyday and cocoa butter lotion occasionally. Everyday I am able to move around more and I am able to demo in my classes a little bit. Still no planks, ab work, or backbends... but I can stretch, balance, and twist.. feels so good to pop by back again! No complications at all.. looking and feeling great!

6 wks PO - I have Dr. Deuber's official ok to...

6 wks PO - I have Dr. Deuber's official ok to start doing all my normal activity again. I am fully demoing all 13 of my classes now and am able to do planks, chatarangas, and ab and core work. Inversions are good too! My only current limitations are backbends and updogs..both of which I can only do halfway at the moment.
Posted the most recent pic and am very happy about the scar. I even tried on bikinis recently and was so happy! For the first time in 10 yrs I look forward to swimsuit shopping!
Anyone reading.. feel free to check out my website for workshops and products! dbyoga.com

At 7wks PO I was able to do a backbend again! I'm...

At 7wks PO I was able to do a backbend again! I'm at 8wks right now and my backbends and updogs are feeling wonderful! I still feel that there is some more stretching to do with my skin.. but I am happy I can do the poses again. I'm back!

NEW PICS! One Year Later!

Here are the latest pics... one year later and I am still so happy I did this! I've been rocking a bikini and the new crop top look this summer and enjoy being able to see definition in my abs. The scar looks great! barely visible in my opinion.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Referred to by a student and friend who had breast augmentation done by Dr. Deuber and loved her experience and results.