Smartlipo: Upper and Lower Abs, Upper Back - Dallas, TX

I'm on day 3 post op and can't see much...

I'm on day 3 post op and can't see much improvement. I did quite a bit of research before having the procedure done so I realize I still have a lot of swelling, but I'll be honest I'm a little concerned.

During the procedure: I was given a sedative prior to the procedure that had me stumbling all over the place and I barely remember much from that day. I did wake up mid procedure in a lot of pain. Forget when they say it doesn't hurt. It felt horrible. The dr and nurse's said that wasn't normal and shouldn't have happened. Whatever the case my be, it was definitely not an experience I want to remember all that well anyway.

Post: Day one, I was a little loopy and don't remembe very much. I slept most of the day. If your consult tell you that you'll be able to go to work afterwards they're lying. Day two I was still pretty sore and woke up vomitting probabaly because I took a pain killer in the middle of the night I was in so much pain. I laid around most of day 2. Day 3 was much better but I still had some sorenes and stiffness. Today (Day 4) is much better and I got out of the house and got some things taken care of.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm still very swollen and lumpy. My abdominal area is oneside and I'm starting to think the Dr stopped because of the pain. I can't wait til my post op appointment to show him the area. i know I'll hear the spill about lumpiness and being dis proportionate. But, I'm almost certain I'll need a touchup. Anyways I'll get you posted on the results and post photos a little later.

I can't really say whether I recommend this Dr or not at this time. I didn't spend much time with him, but his staff is great. My rating will depend on my results and right now I'm in need for a touch up.

Hope everything works out for..check out my pages..my first experience in Oct 2010 wasn't successful but I just had the procedure done again on may 4 and I'm pleased..smartlipo isn't always so smart if not done by a board certified plastic surgeon
tad concern,
where did you go?
ok, it will be 8 weeks post op monday and I'm still not seeing any results, smh. I took my compression garment off at 6 weeks at instructed and it seems like everything is just sinking back to exactly where it was. My back shows absolutely no improvement and my stomach is lumpy and lopsided. It's obvious they didn't complete the surgery because of me waking up and feeling the pain. I'm so disappointed I don't know what to say. I'm pending posting photos but their coming soon... I go in for my appointment Wednesday. We'll see if we can actually discuss a touch up at this point.
Hi. I am also in Dallas and considering getting smart lipo. Could you tell me the Dr. you went to see? I would greatly appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.
That garment is so itchy... unbearable sometimes.. It's going alright... I would like to see more results, but am trying to stay patient. I did have an honest conversation with my doctor about it and we are getting together in 2 months to see the final results. I did leave feeling very good about that. I would rather NOT have to do this all over again, but feel like a paid a sh*tload of money to not see visable results..
My garment is coming off Monday. Thank goodness! I've gotten kinda used to it but the one they gave me.rolls up my thighs and looks funny in my jeans. I know I'm going to have to have a touch up or I'm going to raise pure hell. I'm starting to feel like it's a waste of money, but I have hope and it's only 6 weeks post op
keep me posted... I'm curious to hear your final results... did you post pictures?
hi well the swelling takes time. my sister tells me that i still look swollen. but i have noticed a big change. i still have the kangaroo pouch but they told me that they couldnt completely remove that because of the kids and stretch marks. but that can be cut off my another doc. but the skin hides under the underwear. but the skin is shrinking up on the upper abs nicely. but i still feel pretty soar to the touch not to mention itchy too. but it takes up to 6 months so time will tell. how is it going for you? they removed 2850 for me.
It's going ok but I'm not liking the results. I feel like I look the same as I did before. Maybe I'm being impatient.
How are you doing now? Are you seeing the results you wanted? I'm curious.. you had your surgery a little before me. I just am not seeing the results I expected.
Thanks!
I'm with you. I'm not seeing the results I want and I'm constantly expressing this to the nurse and listening to her tell me that's normal. Kinda sick of that response. I have a strong.feeling ok going to need a touch up. I'm all kinds of disproportionate in my abdominal area.

Hi -- How are you doing? Are you feeling any better?

hi I amm still very sore. I am suppost to go back to work tomorrow and im still having trouble bending and lots of bloating. i have an appoointment fri. Im gonna give it a try tomorrow. i work 12 hour days and travel 3 total. wish me luck. this garment is hurting my ribs too. thats how high the surg went up. he took 2700 cc out.im only taking xtylenol. not sleeping much. any idea how to get the pen marks off?

Good luck. At least you have a short week.

Some tips for the pen marks: Tips for removing the lovely pen marks from surgery?

It's been almost six weeks post op and I'm feeling great. I did have these massive lumps form on my abdomen that the nurse told me was normal and to massage out. I tried massaging them but they're still there. I'm very disappointed thus far.
I'm sure by now, the pen marks are gone, but how are you results? I'm not happy at all with mine.
hi I was never asleep but it tookover 4 hours and I felt ALOT of it on one side. I was numbed and took adivan and a couple pain killers and it felt like being cut with a dull knife. I am still very swollen but its normal . no regrets i will get my one week measurement on friday to show the inches. gained 4 pounds but its fluid.
They attempted to put me to sleep and the medicine made me so loop I don't even remember the ride home. I do remember the pain though and the nurse telling me thatwasnt normal. It's been 6 weeks post op almost and I can't see much difference. Still got my fingers crossed.