Lifestyle Lift (Face-Mid-lift)

I had a facial(Mid-lift)surgery on 12-Jan-2010. I...

I had a facial(Mid-lift)surgery on 12-Jan-2010. I actually had 3 procedures done on me. My skin under the chin was not just tighten but he also put some sort of band, I think, under it, so it will never droop again plus my chin and neck was liposuctioned and sewed back tighly to the hairline . I had fat under my chin that hung and made me look older then I felt. It was a career choice and the fact that I was overweight with low self esteem, that made me consider this procedure.

I had the procedure done in Dallas, Tx. I met with my doctor a couple of times before the procedure because I had postponed it a couple of times. He was upfront about everything and he did not lie about any results I would be expecting. Results depend on the individual, as well as the healing time. Maybe this procedure is not good for everyone but it was fine for me.

I was given valiums and injections to numb the site. The injections hurt a little but bareable. I was awake during the whole procedure because the valiums did not work for me. That was ok, because I preferred to be awake anyway. I was numbed my the injections and only had to say ouch if I felt anything and was promply injected again. My doctor talked to me throughout the whole procedure and made me laugh several times, which kept me calmed.

The procedured lasted about and hour. Total hours in the clinic was 3 hrs. I am glad he did not just shove me out the door right away. He gave my son, who came to look after me, full instructions on how to care for me, what signs to look for as far as infections, bleeding, etc.. and he insisted that I spend the night in Dallas so I could come back to the clinic the next morning, because I was going back overseas to work a week later and he wanted to make sure I would be ok. All and all I think I received great care from him.

When I left, I knew I would be in some pain until I fully healed. It's been two months now and the numbing and tingling sensation around my ear is going away. I actually have feeling in my ears again. Most of the swelling is gone under my chin and I had very little bruising. I have a small scar under my chin, which you can't see and the scars around my ears and hairline are barely visible now.

I developed dermatis on my neck due to a skin allergy. My doctor overseas gave me fucidin,which cleared it up. Also he is a plastic surgeon himself and said that my doctor who did the surgery in the states, did a wonderful job. So I am very pleased with my surgery and do not regret the decisions I made to have it. I think if you find the right doctor by researching his credentials like my son did for me, you would have better results and more pleased with your procedure. Any surgery you have, could possibly have complications and a good doctor should always be upfront with you about what to expect and care about your concerns. I would recommend my doctor to anyone, because him and his staff do care.

Last note: I recently had LapBand surgery on 16-Feb-2010, for 4,700.00 and have lost 15lbs so far. The weight loss is actually helping my LifeStyle Lift look even better. My face is getting smaller and there is no signs of that sagging chin I had.

Was it worth it ? Yes, it was worth every penny ! All of it.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I recommend my doctor because I feel he was competent, he knew what he was doing,I had a good experience, and he did not lie about what to expect. I have the results I was looking for and I am very pleased. I look younger and feel that way.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad it worked for you. Or was what you were looking for in any event. Staying in shape has never been a problem for me. I guess I have a fast metabolism for someone my age {north side of 50}. I also work out two hours a shot, three times a week. 1,500 crunches each time. I'm not balding, or even graying. I'm 5'-9" & 175 lbs. The only thing that bothered me was the loose skin on my neck. Maybe that's partly because of the low amount of fat I carry around. But I'm happy this way. Another surgeon {who had removed a cancerous tumor from my right temple & did a very good job} quoted me a price of $12,000 for the same procedure. Same cavaets, halo of scars around my face, I'm not wearing my hair differently, etc. He didn't try to pressure me in any way. It was MY choice. I got the imppression I was being pressured at this other place. They called me this morning, despite my leaving a message Saturday when I got home saying I had a change of heart. The salesperson {what else could she be termed?} wanted to know why I changed my mind. I refused to go into specifics. That's my business. The fact is I'm informing you in a timely fashion. Too much pressure to score a buck IMO.
****** My skin under the chin was not just tighten but he also put some sort of band, I think, under it, so it will never droop again****** I was specifically warned by a surgeon to NOT have that done. One guy out here in LA-LA-Land recommended that procedure. Then he told me two words that scared the living crap out of me. "Michael Jackson." Apparently this guy had learned many procedures from the doctor who had worked on Michael. That made me want to get a second opinion. The second surgeon said that much of his time is spent doing reconstructions of the sloppy work done by other surgeons. Once we get past the self-aggrandizement, he went on to name those bands as the prime culprit. I guess they wear out & break. I hope you don't have that experience. I went to Lifestyles today. I got the distinct impression of an assembly line. I take supplements for when I work out. I also had arthritic pain that requires medication. The girl shuffling the papers in front of me told me that I had to be off those supplements & drugs at least two weeks prior to surgery. The surgeon said one week. Then they scheduled the surgery for five days from now. Hmmm. I'm starting to have second thoughts already. I don't look THAT bad. I'm a man & I'm not overly vain about looking my age as long as I'm fit. I just have some loose skin around my neck that bothers me. They wanted my money real quick too;) And even though I still have all my hair I keep it cut very short. I like my hair short. I'm not changing the way I cut my hair. I'm assuming this means my scars will be very visible.
I truly understand your concerns. I found this website after I had my surgery and I think if I had read a lot of those reviews beforehand, I might have had second thoughts myself. Only time will tell if the bands will hold out and for now they are doing just fine. If you have the surgery done, you will have to wear your hair a little different if you want to conceal the scars. They will be in the crease behind your ear and along your hair line on the side of your head. Your hair should cover most of this. Every one is different, when it comes to how bad they scar up. To me, it is a small price to pay. I wear my hair long anyway. If I wear it up, I am not going to worry about what people think about my scars. I just feel that good about myself now. I think Michael Jackson took plastic surgery to the extreme. We don't have to do that ! I still look natural with a few minor differences. I don't have that manneguin look like so many people get when their skin is pulled too tight. No more fat under my chin or neck. This is what I wanted. Just a natural look. Most people didn't even know I had surgery. They thought I looked youthful from getting too much rest on R&R ! LOL The weight loss of 25 lbs from the Laparoscopic LapBand Surgery, has improved my health, and I am walking again. Unfortunately, I am losing from the bottom up and I have more pressure on my arthritis knees, but hopefully the weight loss will even out soon and I will get a break from this occassional little pain. If I lose too much weight and it affects my Liftstyle Lift, then I will have it tightened up again. Like I said, it is worth it to me. I am an attractive female and I want to look and feel good for my own self esteem. I don't want to pressure or persuade you to do something you are not sure about. Most surgeons or in it to make money, but a good one should be bound by his code of ethics to do the job right. I think you owe it to yourself to research all your info before you do anything. Just think about what you want, and what you need. Don't let a first impression keep you from seeking what you want. I did this for me and I am happy I did. I will upload a before and after picture soon and you can judge for yourself. Good Luck to you, if you decide to go through with the surgery, and my prayers and thoughts are with you.