I had sagging neck and jowls. - Don't Do It - Dallas, TX

I had sagging neck and jowls. I went to a...

I had sagging neck and jowls. I went to a Lifestyle clinic and didn't know the doctor. I met him twice. First time was for him to evaluate whether I was a good candidate. The next time I saw him was the day of the surgery. The surgery was painful and other than the shots, I was given some Valium which was supposed to put me to sleep, but it didn't. I was wrapped up and sent home. A few days later, an aide came to my house to remove the bandages and stitches. She rewrapped my face and left me with some instructions. My face looked good while it was swollen and I was quite pleased. However, when the swelling went down, I could tell no difference other than I had these longer, deeper wrinkles from my eyes to where the stitches ended at my hairline. No one ever called to check on me, no one scheduled another visit for the doctor to check his work, nor was I given an "after" photo.

This clinic was nothing but a cattle mill, where they herd you in to operate on you and send you out the back door. One of the doctors was from Duncanville who has his own dermatology office, so I was comfortable with using this clinic.

Also notice that many of their customers have had additional elective work (eye lift, forehead lift, etc.) so of course they're going to look much better.

If you plan on doing the Lifestyle lift make sure you go to a doctor you know who does the Lifestyle lift. I thought I had done my research, but it was a disaster. I don't look any worse, but I certainly don't look thousands of dollars better.

If I was wanting cosmetic work, I'd spend a few thousand extra dollars and go for a full face lift.  The Lifestyle Lift is a waste of money and takes about 3 weeks to completely heal.  No aount of makeup is going to cover those bruises.