reconstruction after mastectomy - Dallas

Having had bilateral breast cancer I opted for...

Having had bilateral breast cancer I opted for double mastectomy with reconstruction. My biggest pro to this decision was not having to worry about cysts and tumors which I have dealt with since I was 16 years old. I am now 54 years old and it was the best decision I could have made for my health and emotional well being. I was fortunate to be able to opt for immediate reconstruction with tissue expanders. They were a bit hard and uncomfortable at first, but I got use to them and I could see my surgeons vision of what my breast would be like taking shape, no pun intended, so it made it completely worth the wait. I have had my implant switch and cannot tell enough women at how beautiful my breasts are. Absolutely would do it all over again!

Although I tell everyone I am my surgeons...

Although I tell everyone I am my surgeons unfinished masterpiece, I will have nipple reconstruction December 14, 2010. I will have him post photos!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I researched for over a month studying Plastic Surgeons for my reconstruction and found who I consider the "SHINING STAR" in plastic surgery in Dallas. Dr. T's warm engaging smile, and compassionate manner immediately put me at ease. I have been hooked since! His youthful appearance threw me off at first, but his skills are unrivaled, and my breast look as though I have had augmentation instead of reconstruction. And since my surgery 5 of my immediate family and several friends have made Dr. T their preferred surgeon. Completely gifted and skilled! HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Go for the consult before you choose, he will answer all your questions.

Hi K,

We haven't seen you here in a while and  we are thinking of you.

Have you had your nipple reconstruction surgery?

Posting a review on your experience would be so helpful to other community members.

Wishing you continued good health and look forward to your good news.

Beverly

I am having my nipplr reconstruction in July..

How did your nipple reconstruction go? Would love to hear an update on how you're doing.