Anais Gorgeous Peel Burned my Face

I recently did a Gorgeous Peel from Anais...

I recently did a Gorgeous Peel from Anais Corporation. I purchased the EZpeel $62.00 with shipping from them and it did not work so I went up a notch to Gorgeous Peel $89.99 with free shipping. There is supposed to be no down time and you can wear makeup after the peel.

They told me to put a peel accelerator, which they sent me free before and after the peel. They do not tell you the % of the Gorgeous Peel but the accelerator was 30% Glygolic Acid. The peel burned my face badly only in certain areas and now they will not answer my emails and crys for help!! This peel frosted and it was not supposed to do that.

Will someone please look at my pictures and tell me what to do about this. It has already crusted and peeled 3 days later and not it is just red and actually bleeding in some areas.

This has been a very horrible experience with absolutely no support form Anais Corporation/EZ Peel/Gorgeous Peel. This is supposed to be a no down time peel and I will look like a freak for a long time to come until this heals!!

How can I get this to heal and prevent scarring? Thanks.
Anais Corporation

Anais Coporation Gorgeous Peel, they give you no support after the peel if you have problems. The peel was supposed to be mild with no down time and I am very badly burned after their instructions and advice on how to apply the peel.

If you are first timer, just use Lactic gel 50 % or Glycolic 30%. Then after a few months, your skin is ready for TCA procedures..
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

That looks real bad. Perhaps you have sensitive skin or is new to chemical peels? I have used the EZpeel and the gorgeous peel on my face and they were great. Both products do leave you with dried tight skin after applied, but I am able to go out and about in public no problem. In about two to three days, it will start to flake and peel. During this time, I apply moisturizer on my face, although it's not advised. But this does help hide the fact that my skin is peeling. I don't find using moisturizer while my skin is peeling to halt the peeling process.
Actually, the website does say the % of the Gorgeous Peel. It's under the ingredients tab. Active ingredients: Tca acid 16%, vitaminc C, retinol
Don't worry....this redness/pinkness will pass. I have had several peels over the years, and mine have looked alot worse, but as time goes by, it will heal. Just make sure you keep it moisturized. This is exactly how a TCA peel looks after it is performed. Try to stay calm... it will heal.
Here we see the danger of trying to do medical procedures at home. Let this be a lesson: no matter how much money you think you are saving, chemical peels are serious business and need to be done by professionals, not at home using something you bought on the internet.
All right, it seems like you were burned pretty badly from this. The good news is that the color will likely fade with time. I'm guessing that it already has healed quite a bit. Use moisturizers without acids, alcohol, or citrus in them to avoid irritation, only use gentle ones. ALWAYS apply sunscreen before leaving the house to avoid hyperpigmentation. An excellent remedy for burns is aloe vera. If you have a plant, glop it's juice directly on the area daily, and you will notice a difference soon. Also, 'Skin Gel' from Aloe Life is organic and has the pure form of aloe, it would be a good alternative. Make sure you glop it on the area, it doesn't work as well if you use a thin layer. I did this to hyperpigmented scars from acne and they healed faster.
Sue, I work at a dermatologist's office and perform TCA peels and they are very serious. They are considered middle level peels and do have downtime. The most important thing right now is too keep it simple to allow your skin to heal. The best thing to put on your skin is Aquaphor or vaseline. TCA peels penetrate much deeper than a basic peel. You will be fine I promise :) Your skin is probably raw and tender which is to be expected with this type of peel. You generally start to peel in 2-3 days and it can last up to a week or more. Pink skin is normal with this deep of a peel so try not to be worried. Just keep your skin moisturized well and wear sun screen everyday. Do not scrub or pick at any area. If you have any questions I can answer for you please feel free to contact me. I live in Cypress too. Kim
I agree. It will heal. I used TCA regularly, I experienced burning and uneven skin tone. I thought it was permanent but after awhile, it gave me best result. :-)
Ouch! That looks raw and painful. In the case of first or second degree burns it is best to submerge skin in ice cold water to cool the skin and reduce swelling. (Immediately after the incident) Considering this is a chemical burn I would see a doctor, so that you can get an antibiotic cream. You may need to cover with a dressing (gauze) Keep out of the sun.