Waited 29 Years for Perky Boobs - Middletown, NY

I have wanted smaller boobs since I was 15 years...

I have wanted smaller boobs since I was 15 years old. At that age I had no idea there was such a thing as a breast reduction.

Time went on and I had children... so I didn't want to risk any damage at all to my breasts since I was breastfeeding... I nursed my 3 children a total of 9 years... 6 months out of those years was tandem nursing. My breasts have served me well. Now it's time to make them look good and finally relieve the back pain I've had since I was 17!!

I am currently a 34DD. Bra straps KILL me. I avoid wearing a bra as much as I possibly can. I get horrible headaches that start in my shoulders and the tension runs up into my neck (I have arthritis in my neck and upper spine) and then it turns into the killer headaches I have dealt with most of my life.

It's difficult to exercise on a regular basis because they are just so heavy and flop around and make me feel even worse. I was always petite but since I had emergency intestinal surgery I haven't been able to get these 30 lbs off me that just weigh me down and wear me out. I am so ready to have small boobs so I can exercise and have this pain relief and feel good again. I really miss feeling good. It's been so long.

At my last pain management appointment, I asked if my breast size could possibly be contributing to the amount of pain I have. He referred me to the PS, and she said DEFINITELY yes. She put in for approval for the surgery, and the insurance company said yes, it's medically necessary! So I schedule the surgery next week and I couldn't be happier.

I have been doing some research on my surgeon and have found nothing but good and positive things said about her. She said this is her favourite surgery to do. She said she's had patients who report INSTANT pain relief, even with post operative swelling.

I'm hoping that I am a B when all is said and done. I'm so excited. I've waited so long for this.

I have awful fear of surgery and anesthesia but knowing what the results are going to be is what is keeping me on this path. I will post more when I take some "before" pictures and when I know more after having my next appointment with my PS.

I got a date!

The nurse from the PS office called today to confirm I got the information that my insurance company approved the breast reduction. She asked if I'd like to reserve the date for the surgery now, instead of waiting until I see the doctor again, and I said YES!

There was ONE day left that was available in September so I grabbed it.

My surgery is scheduled for September 18th. I am going to sit tight until then and hope that nothing happens to change that date!

I'm still keeping the appointment next week to bring in my questions, along with my boyfriend and his questions. I swear I think he's just as excited as I am about this. :)

Getting Closer!

Had my pre-op appointment today with the surgeon. They scheduled my surgery clearance with my primary doctor and told me I'd be getting bloodwork done when the date got closer.

The nurse who supervises the surgery stuff came in and gave me the instructions, such as, no shirts that go over the head, use shirts that open up in front for the first few weeks because I won't be able to lift my arms above my head. No eating after midnight the night before the surgery. She told me the doctor advises eating a high protein diet the day before with lots of yogurt. She said to make sure I eat really really well the day before and make sure I'm very hydrated.

The hospital will call to let me know what time I should arrive. They said most likely it would be morning. I will be staying overnight. My surgeon has a 23 hour policy. She doesn't like to send patients home right away. I am competely ok with that, since I had a ton of complications from an emergency surgery I had a few years ago... I know, not the same, but still, it will make me feel tons better to be in their care that first night.

We talked about the surgery itself. She doesn't want me to watch any videos of the surgery like online or whatever, to avoid freaking myself out. I'm not like that, I can stomach almost anything, but I just haven't had any interest in watching one yet anyway. Perhaps I will, perhaps I won't... I know I will be intubated and have a catheter. I tried to get her to agree to no catheter, but she wouldn't go for it. I am prone to UTIs way too often and having a catheter scares me for that reason... I would really HATE to be recovering from major surgery and have a UTI on top of that. Sigh. Nothing I can do to fight that one, tho. I will just have to see if that happens or maybe I'll be lucky and not have an infection after.

I'm so excited about getting this over and done with. I can't wait for the results. The surgery itself makes me pretty anxious, but I've been pretty good at not freaking myself out about it so far.

I'll be recovering for the first 2 weeks away from my kids, which will be hard because I will miss them like mad. They'll be with their dad while i recuperate with my boyfriend. I've talked to the kids about my absence, so hopefully they'll be ok. They can come visit if their dad thinks they need to, anyway. It's just difficult to arrange something like that since I'll be 2 hours drive away from them and school schedules, etc. I just know that having this break from them will be better overall for the healing. I also know that it will be awesome when I get to see them again!!

So my surgery is less than a month away. Surgeon told me not to get sick. Any upper respiratory infection is an issue. No runny nose or phelgm, she said. I don't want anything to put off the surgery, so I will be washing my hands like mad and staying away from people as much as I can beforehand. lol

I know; I still haven't uploaded my "before" pics... I will get around to it, I promise! :)
Newburgh Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr Sacks' bedside manner. She takes her time, answers my questions, and encourages my research.

Good idea with kids away. It has been hard caring for my daughter even though her dad helps, and she is 9 and can fetch and carry for herself. But I have been so exhausted for this last week since BR, and a noisy kid just won't allow sleeping in. Even when she tries to be quiet and her dad shushing her, she slams doors, etc. So no napping for me. I think she has to stay at grandmas this weekend so I can rest.
I have 3 children ages 6, 9, and 12.... and they are a handful. lol It would be near impossible to take care of them immediately after. Thanks for the kind words. :)
Good Luck with your surgery...you are going to be thrilled!!! I know I am...my surgery was August 18th and I have never felt better...just remember to take it easy those first two weeks:)
Thank you!
I am three weeks post op and would do it again in a second! Still recovering so I'm sore, incisions healing, bruising, aches and pains but so worth it! I'm 47 and have been large breasted since I was 13. I wish I hadn't waited so long. I was a 36dd on my 5'2 petite frame. Suffering from back and neck ache, poor posture, and deep permanent grooves in my shoulders. As soon as I came out of the recovery room and was coherent I can honestly say I felt like a weight was literally lifted off my chest. (2 + lbs to be exact!) Amazing. Already I am overwhelmed by the feeling that my days will no longer be controlled by the size of my chest. That sounds silly to someone who isn't well endowed, but it is sadly true. I can already wear an outfit because it is my size, without worrying about gapping, clinging, cleavage etc. This will open up a whole new world for you. I was worried just before surgery, as I've heard others say, that maybe I didn't really need this drastic surgery, but after seeing current pics of myself just a week before, I couldn't wait. Yes, it is painful, yes it's not pretty at first (I still have a ways to go for that part) but it is life changing in such a positive way. I believe I will end up around a full B once swelling is gone and couldn't be happier. Sorry to go on and on but wanted to let you know not to worry...it's the best decision you'll ever make for yourself!
Awesome! I needed to read this only 6 days before my surgery is scheduled!!! So great to read all this!!! :)
I'm 7 wks post op , in my comment to u Moon Pye. Cheers Lyn
Hi , I'm 7 was post op, u will be the happiest lady in the universe. At 14yrs young I was DD cup. I'm 53yrs young and had Gg/h cup. Your story is exactly the same as I lived my life , most of my life, yes I had 3 kids & breast fed too. Keep positive as it also take big courage to go thru the op. I'm much happier in myself , I feel lighter i can move free-er. I can even sit closer to the table to eat. There's so much to tell u but it would take hrs. Follow ur after care & all the best of health. This site has helped me so much now we can help u. Well support u anyway. Cheers Lyn.
Thank you so much!!! I'm so surprised at how much support there is here, really!! You just don't find that on other sites very often. Everyone here seems so great. I love my welcomes! I really never thought this day would ever come. I had all but given up hope that it would ever happen. Then when I saw the PS reaction to me, how she seemed so positive, my hope came back. When I got that call saying the insurance approved it, I was just out of my mind with happiness. I live with PTSD and anxiety. I know the day of the surgery I will be falling apart. I am trying so hard not to think of that part! I just keep focusing on the positive... how it will be after. I gotta keep thinking that!
You are going to be so happy with your decision. It was like hitting the lottery for me.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It already feels like the lottery!! I feel so incredibly fortunate to have this opportunity. And to know that I will have much less pain is wonderful!!! :)
Congratulations!!!
Thank you so much! p.s. You are the very first person to talk to me on this site. I'm so excited. :) hee hee
wont be lon you will have TONS OF PEOPLE Good luck Im three months post opt have appt this friday for checkup wish I could just cancel LOL
lon = long