Retin a + BP Journey - Croatia

Hello everyone! So just last night i started...

Hello everyone!
So just last night i started therapy with retin a and BP (but i used BP for almost 2 weeks). I will apply BP in the morning and retin a before i go to sleep.
I cant say anything for now but i will update as much as i can! Also here are pics of my face (please dont be mean)! If you have tips please say

Hey there, just checking in with you to see how things are going with your treatment. I suffered for years with cystic acne so I completely understand the frustration you feel.

still fighting, no dramatic results... It's been 2 months so i'm not giving up

That's the spirit! Never give up :)

Make sure you are drinking lots of water, and keep processed foods and sugar intake low. It's best to eat lots of fresh veggies and greens and lean protein. Omega Fatty Acids such as flax and fish oils are important too.

Be sure to keep us posted.

if my skin gets better i will sure post pics! for now, nothing

Awesome :) Thank you.

And don't worry, it will get better, just keep working at it ok. Ask us anything, we are here to help you!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

yeah! i used to eat healthy and i did nothing to me but i guess i wasn't eating healthy long enough to see results... but anyways i think it does nothing for me. I will always break out, no matter what What do you use to fight these horrible acne?
Tagrea, Using BP and Retin A may be really harsh for your skin. It may dry it out and cause further inflammation. Although BP works great, it usually only works for a few months and then stops working as well. I am not sure how old you are but I would look at having your hormones checked, next I would look at your diet to see if certain trigger foods is causing breakouts. You can do elimination diet and reintroduce common trigger foods to see what is causing it. You can also look at getting a prescription that is an anti-androgen (spiranolactone) The area you break out on the cheek are could very well be related to digestive issues.
i will try this combination and if i see that it is too harsh i'll stop using BP for sure! and yes, chocolate causes acne but sometimes i just can't help myself... Also i went to see dermatologist and he gave me some pills (i could only drink it for 2 weeks) so that was a fail!! But i will keep trying

Thank you for posting photos. I know it can be hard to share photos of things we don't love about ourselves, so thanks for being brave in order to help others. On the off chance anyone is mean about your photos please let me know asap. We do not stand for that here and I will take care of it right away.

What is BP? I'm sure once you say it, it will seem totally obvious to me, but I just can't come up with what it is.

it is benzoyl peroxide and i use 5% anyways, thank you for your kind comment! it means a lot :)

Benzoyl Peroxide - of course! I knew as soon as you told me I'd be smacking my forehead, haha! Looking forward to hearing how things go for you. :)

i hope it will help, i am sick, sad and desperate because of my skin! do you have issues with acne and did u use retin a? :)

Yes (probably why I sympathize so much!) and yes, I did try retin a. It didn't work great for me, but I know a ton of people have had the opposite experience.

Also, from talking to other community members some have told me that they had the good results using the gel form, and I was using the cream form. I keep thinking I will try it again, but I'm freaked out to since it made my breakouts worse - you know how that goes. :-/

Ahh i Feel you!!! I am always scared of breaking out, but honestly i dont even know what is breaking me out anymore... Sunscreen or retin a or food?! But i will use it as long as i can. I hope it will work!! 7 years of this face is just too much :(

I can so relate to not knowing if its sunscreen, food, or something else - so frustrating, isn't it?! I tried to be so good & use a sunblock for a while, disaster. If I eat this amazing delicious chocolate chip cookie dough from a local pizza place, disaster. If I keep everything the same, disaster, loling and sniffling at the same time! ;)

I will be hoping for amazing results for you and am really glad you are posting here so we can hear how it goes.