Tpjla - Covington, LA

I have not had a procedure done yet, but I hear Dr...

I have not had a procedure done yet, but I hear Dr. Acosta is the "eye doctor" in the New Orleans area. I only had 1 consultation with him but I liked him. I have blepharospasms,meige, and cervical torticollis which I see a neurologist for. I get Botox injections from my neurologist. but am ready to have my eyes done. has any one out there with blepharospasms had surgery and what was your experience? would love to know.
Covington Oculoplastic Surgeon

If you haven't done it yet, don't. It's so much worse than I could've imagined. Much more invasive and risky than explained.
Was the lower bleph done with the incisions inside the eye.....probably it was since your PS did not use an external, below-lash incision to remove excess skin. Do you think your problems are just part of the healing/swelling process or do you think something has gone wrong with the technique used? If that is the case, who was your PS so that others can consider you experience before they go under the knife with this PS...grace60
To Regret65 what do you mean by being so much worse? who did your surgery please don't tell me Dr. Acosta in Covington, Louisiana. Is the surgery worse than living with your eyes half closed or not open at all? I have done the botox for 4 years now and it seem to not be helping as much as it used to. I am so confused. I guess it just depends on the person and the surgeon. I have heard people say they don't know why they waited so long, then I hear stories like yours. But I am so tired of life this way, I can't drive, I have no social life. I have to depend on other people to take me places. I would just love to drive again, be able to read a book for myself or to my grandchildren. How long did it take you to recooperate? and how many surgeries did you have to go through? I am sorry for your outcome, but hopefully your experience can help me and others thank you teresapj
I only did lowers. I understand that uppers are more straight forward and much less risky. I was told recuperation was 7-10 days and there would not be any pain involved. While everything was swollen the first week or so, there really was no pain. My stitches were removed on the 9th day. By that time they were so tight it was excruciating. I called to have them in tears begging to have them taken out early on the 7th and 8th day and they would not. I got relief after they were removed, but they still burned and stung. After this, my right eye constantly felt like something was in it. It made it hard to sleep or watch tv or do anything. I went back to the dr twice and he said nothing was wrong. (I was crying all the time and both visits.) I went to an ophthalmologist and he said I had extremely dry eyes. I was given drops. They help for about 30 minutes at a time. I had the surgery nov 18, and they still sting and burn all the time. I also have pains. Much more details, feel free to msg me if you'd like. I went to dr john dean in Baton Rouge. There is an oculoplastic surgeon that has specialized training in eyes only that does work in baron rouge that I've heard great things about dr Olson. If I could go back I would never risk my eyes. It is unlike any other surgery because it's not only aesthetic that's at risk but function. Long winded but I hope that helps
Also teresapj the emotional trauma from it too was so unexpected. The scars, and changes in your own face are extremely hard to deal with and the dr doesn't tell you that. I have always been a strong person that could handle things well. Not this.
hi regret65, sorry to here of your troubles. was the surgery from inside the eyelid or outside? any pics? have you talked to your doctor yet about your problems?
Outside he removed skin and fat. He also did one stitch in each corner on the inside to prevent drooping. (Which it did not) The pics don't capture the wrinkling or hollowness well. I have discussed the problems with him. He says nothing's wrong. From reading all of the comments on real self, it it seems common for the dr to try and convince the patient that's the case.
do you have blepharospasms or did you do this for cosmetic purposes?
Cosmetic only

Welcome to the community, I hope you find some answers from our community members.