Happy, Happy - Coventry, England

I had my op on 01st Feb 11 so I am only 9 days...

I had my op on 01st Feb 11 so I am only 9 days post op and am already ecstatic at the results. I approached my GP in July after a history of shoulder and back pain and the strapless dress i was made to wear as maid of honour for my sister was the last straw!. He referred me for the reduction. I saw the surgeon in Aug who after talking to me in depth and showing me scar results, gave me 2 further months to think about it. I went back in October and was put on the NHS waiting list until now! My surgeon was amazing and the hospital care I received was first class. I had my dressings removed today and I'm pleasantly surpised at the scars. Stitches are internal and suture strips were used around the nipple and external skin, giving a very thin scar, much better that anicipated. I was a 34 F/G size 12 and because of the swelling I'm currently in a 34d support bra but should settle to a C cup and the i can already feel the difference in weight. I have no cons as of yet, and the pain was uncomfortable but bearable. If you are thinking of a reduction, make sure you are realistic about the scarring and go for it.