Indentation after rhinoplasty - Costa Rica, CR

On Dec 16 i got my nose job. I always thought that...

On Dec 16 i got my nose job. I always thought that my nose tip look to wide so i wanted to reduced it. I told the doctor i didnt want the projection of my tip to change because i was scared that i might look like a pig! He didnt lisen to me and now i think my worst fear is getting real!... I know that i am still too swollen and it is too soon to tell, but i dont like at all how it looks. :(

Well, today I changed my tape, next time I change...

Well, today I changed my tape, next time I change it I will put a pic without it... it is that I felt so depressed that I tape it immediately!
My doctor told me that instead of breaking my nose to make it smaller, he decided to just rasped it, and that is why I am so swollen, because the soft tissue suffered more.
My nose looks ridiculously big... so bad that I prefer a thousand times to wear the tape than be without it.

I am 2 weeks post op. Since day 1 I noticed a dent...

I am 2 weeks post op. Since day 1 I noticed a dent in the tip of my nose. I thought it was only because it was swollen (my doctor told me that too). But it has been 2 weeks and it isn't getting any better. In 2 days I am going to see my doctor, last time he told me it was easy to fix with a quick nose job with local anesthesia. I am crossing my fingers so it heals by itself. If some had this problem please I want to hear your opinion.
Gabriel Peralta

I had a revision rhinoplasty.... this is the new story: http://www.realself.com/review/chicago-il-revision-rhinoplasty-revision-surgery
It looks a lot better! You are still 2 weeks post op, its still early days but I can understand how anxious you would feel. you know your skin and the tissue just under it has memory-as it was used to an indent there and now the cartilige is changed it might take awhile for your skin and tissue to settle.. just a thought perhaps your could ask your surgeon
Trust me, your nose looks AMAZING! It will only continue to get better with time:-)
Hi Mari: Did you have an open or closed rhino? If it was an open surgery you are looking for your nose to change for up to 18 months. I speak from experience because I have had several rhinos. My Dr. told me 18 months and he was right. My nose looked completely different. 2 weeks or even 4 weeks or 6 weeks is so soon. You probably still have bruising. The more surgery you have the longer it will take to look better. Since you didn't have your nose broken, you will probably start to see a big difference in swelling a lot sooner. You are really jumping the gun. I bet if your Dr. had taken a picture of you right after surgery (before the swelling kicked in) you would be very happy with what you will eventually end up with. As long as everything is straight, just be patient. Maybellineo
I think she has closed based on her posts and it sounds like he the bones were not broken. She said her doctor rasp the bone vs. breaking it. I wish mine was done that way as you are right it helps to heal a lot faster.
No, after I posted my question I read in the tread she had an open procedure. "Well I hope so! Right now I only want to look as I did before, I wont get mad if I look the same!... He already remove the stitches, it was an open surgery." No wonder she is so swollen. An open surgery is really where you see swelling for up to a year or more. Not all the time, it will come & go up to a year are more. Maybellineo
Hmm I missed that part somehow. I thought most surgeons do closed now days unless they need to reconstruct the nose or get to a hard to get place in the nose? Maybe the tip refinement requires an open surgery?
Yes it was an open surgery.... I really needed to hear that from one other than the doctor! :) But a year!!! why didn´t I know this before? ... well I would have done it anyway, but be mentally prepared!
When I said 18 months it doesn't mean it always takes that long. You will have the bulk of the swelling go down at about 6 months but there will be days when it will swell up, and days when you see your final result, and back to swelling again. Also remember swelling distorts how you look so much. Ever see someone after they have fat grated to their lips?? It is comical looking. Nose swelling is hardly noticed by anyone else except your self. It is the black eyes that gives it away. Also don't eat salty foods, exercise will also make your swelling worse because it raising your blood pressure. I would ignore mirrors for a while. They are not your friend now. When u=you do get your end results you will look back and laugh at yourself for freaking out for nothing. Good luck and write back with any other questions you may have. Maybelineo
your latest pic shows a smaller, narrower version of your pre-op nose ... your nose is still very swollen ... hence it will improve as the swelling goes down ... be strong ... healing is a long process ... the swelling may fluctuate but will go down for good eventually ... I found taping and gentle massage (talk to your surgeon about this) helped to bring the swelling down ...
I think it looks good so far :). You are so cute! I think once the swelling goes down more you will look so beautiful! ;) I hope the best for you!
The tip takes the longest for the swelling to subside. I am almost 8-9 weeks post op and I am only now seeing the swelling going down in my tip. Actually today for the first time I have noticed the difference. For some people like yourself who has thicker skin it can take even longer. If in fact its a dent that will not go away they can fill it for you with your own fat graft that is a permanent solution. You have to give it time. My doctor keeps telling me that 3 months is when your nose is stable. I am waiting for my 3 months so that I can have my mini revision done. I have an indent on the side of my nose that has to have a graft put in to fill that area and make it look even. So don't worry they can fix that minor thing and it may not even be needed as you are still VERY swollen. Your nose will shrink about 50% of it is right now. Two weeks is very little time especially for you since you have a thick skin. I will say though your nose looks cute and symmetrical, count your blessings because most of the problems in rhinoplasty is symmetry. I think you look very cute with the nose that you already have an will look even way better in the next 2 1/2 months.
I think your nose is looking better with the passing days, Mari !! It looks like it will be narrower and more refined, but otherwise similar to your old nose. I like it.
I agree gift2myself! I thought it looks the same as it was before just a little more narrow. She is a beautiful girl and the feelings she has are normal. I am still feeling like "OMG" but I do not miss my old nose as it was broken and not very good on my face anymore. ;( I think in two weeks she will be smiling. :)
Looking good. Are you a little happier?
Thank you! you are so nice!... yes I a bit more calm... i am still concerned about some issues... but i guess i just need to wait :)
Just remember whatever it is they can fix it. ;) To make you feel a little better I am going to need touch up for my front view in about a month. I have to wait total of 3 months before the doctor can touch my nose again. I am upset about it but I know he will make it right. My profile is super cute and I love it but my front view is a little uneven. He is going to add some grafts from my ear and rasp a bone. It will be done in the operating room under general. You do look very good and think its all so swollen but once the swelling goes down you will feel much much happier. Your nose loose nice and even and not much different than your old nose just a little thinner and its still swollen. :) Hang in there it will be ok. :)
Sorry it will be done under local not general so its about 1 hour procedure.
Well if he only rasped the bone instead of breaking it I think you are in better shape than you think. Breaking bones is WAY WAY more invasive than rasping. Do you have stiches that he had to remove or do you have dissolvable stitches? The reason I ask is they use stitches to pull your nose together to make it more narrow. I think your surgery was less invasive and you might end up with the same nose you already had except a little narrower and smaller.
and by the way... thank you so much for the nice comments! It is true, having a nose job is a roller coaster of emotions and I was feeling pretty down and you guys help me a lot! I will put more pics of the progress... :)
Glad you are feeling better about it. Hang in there a nose job is all about time. You have nothing but time at this point. You will start noticing swelling going down more and more in about a week and by week 2 you will look better but still very swollen. Enjoy your weekend!
Well it is sunday!! And i went to the surgeon and he took the stitches and the cast off! The good thing.... It doesn´t look bad without the cast!!!! :) The bad thing: he put the cast back on because I am still really really swollen!..So I will have to go to work with the cast! :(
Wow that's strange because the cast keeps swelling under and if you take it off it will allow it to move down to your face and shift instead of staying on your nose. Usually they would put a tape over it not the cast. You should post a question here for other surgeons to answer why your doctor would do that. On another note; It is great to hear that it doesn't look that bad. Just remember it is still very very swollen. Also you can ask your surgeon about a steroid shot to help the swelling. Because you are dark skin usually that means your skin is thick so the shot is appropriate right after the cast comes off. White people tend to have thin skin so the doctor would usually wait 2 months before giving steroid shot but for you it might be very helpful. Ask him next time to use him or call him.
I'm SO happy to hear your good news! The bad news? Well, it will give your colleagues a more interesting work week than usual... then another drama will arise, and your cast will be quickly forgotten by them! Looking forward to your pictures!