My Panniculectomy Journey - Longview, TX

I've have this pannus since I was young and after...

I've have this pannus since I was young and after having two kids its just gotten worse,I didn't even know what a panniculectomy was till My general surgeon told me about it ,I was seeing him to get lipomas removed from my abdomen ,he referred me to a plastic surgeon for the panniculectomy that was last yr 2012 my ins is bcbs ppo, I was denied then due to not enough medical documentation,so I made it a mission to see my general doc everytime I had a abdominal rash ,I was sent to a dermotologist .I decided I had gathered enough documentation 3 months worth plus last yrs visits ,my plastic surgeon then filled again June 15 by mid July I was told I was approved , I was over the moon . I can't wait to see my results :) ill post more as my surgery approaches and after results any questions feel free to ask .

pre-op appt

Pre- op appt went well ,took for ever to see Dr hawner tho about 1hr+ 10m they took some more pics and made me fill out paper work before the big day ,I get to do blood work and pre- registration at longview regional tomorrow hopefully the wait there is not to bad on a good note I will have a new belly button :)

pre- op registration @ hospital

Registration was a bit better, wait wasn't as bad had to fill out forms and pay hospital wanted to have everything done so I wouldn't have to deal with it on surgery day after wards had blood drawn ,blood pressure and oxygen levels checked ,was given forms on what to do before surgery and what time to be there ,was given special soap to wash with the night before and morning of surgery ,I still can't believe I'm having this done ,but I'm ready for it :)

abdomen before surgery

Hate it!

Surgery Day

I'm extremely tired and swore ,some areas burn like crazy and the nausea is so bad but only when I'm up and moving ,laying down not so bad ,everyone In the hospital was so sweet and helpful ,seen Dr hawner for little bit just to outline tummy ,I feel huge tho ,can't wait to see how it looks yet nervous ,anyways ill post pics when I'm feeling better.

8/21/2013 post op appt

6 days post op, went to see Dr hawner today says I'm healing well, doesn't want me doing much of anything just rest ,got my left drain taken out and hopefully next week the right one ,I do find myself very tired after taking a shower ,I haven't really had a big appetite I'm usually good with small portions ,haven't had time or energy to take pictures ,hopefully soon tho.

post op day 14

Still some swealing but looking better everyday..

Right drain finally out

Seen Dr hawner today finally got my right drain out ,it was driving me nuts,got my belly button stitches out ,everythings falling into place little by little still swollen my thighs seem to get swollen as well other than that ok ,hopefully it keeps getting better ...

No more drains !_!

Longview Plastic Surgeon

Overall I think my surgeon was good answered my questions ,never felt like he didnt care ,he seems to give 100% to give you the best results I never felt like he didn't ,if I ever considered getting anything else done I would come back and see him.The only thing i would recomend his office to do is work on there office wait time, They take way to long .