40 Plus Needed a Make over - Tijuana, Mexico

Wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I...

Wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I did a viral consultation, I was suggested to get lip and fat transferred to buttocks.
I developed a fever when I arrived home and called Dr. Quiroz, he informed me it was normal. I went to see my doctor after fever was 103 persistently. I developed a staph infection and eventually needed to be hospitalized, I had MRSA. Dr. Quiroz did keep I contact with me while in the hospital.
After I healed, time passed I sent Dr. Quiroz pictures of my surgery results, one breast is smaller than the other, my breast are not perky but droopy. I paid for butt lift and fat transfer. There is no difference in my butt from before. Dr
Quiroz stated to me my body looked better than before I had surgery, I don't dispute that to be a fact but I have droopy breast, uneven breast and no butt.... Dr. Quiroz wants me to wait 6 months post opt to see full results, so I have no idea if he will correct any imperfections. In the end I spent roughly 15 grand for cosmetic surgery and hospital here in Cali for infection.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Pictures

Posting pictures of breast, back from liposuction and tummy tuck
Breast are uneven, drooping, my back looks like an elder lady and no waist from result from lipo. My tummy tuck is not flat, I have not gained weighed. I lost 10 pounds since surgery.

So very sorry for your outcome, I had a similar experience with the same Doctor...
Thank you for sharing the details of your procedure as well as the pictures.   I am sure you were terrified having the infection and fevers.  But I am glad to hear that cleared up for you.

MRSA infection

This infection was agressively treated by my physician when I had a fever of 103 and would not go away. Dr. Q informed me having a fever was normal, I wonder if MRSA was normal also. This infection and opening worsened and i was hospitalized. Staph infections happen in California also but disappointed with procedure outcome and feel he hopes i go away. ..

I forgot to add that having a fever after a tummy tuck is NOT normal. That only happens when there's an infection brewing somewhere and most tummy tuck patients recover without infections! At my surgeon's clinic patients are asked to contact their surgeons immediately if they have a fever and to contact their office even if infection occurs as late as a month after a procedure. I'm so happy I didn't go to a foreign country for my first TT as I wouldn't have wanted to return if a revision had been necessary. Having it done locally was a great choice for me considering that I wanted a revision. I DID spend MANY hours researching foreign surgeons though before finally deciding to do it close to home.
So sorry to read about your sub-optimal results after spending so much money! It's awful that you're now MRSA positive too! Hope your results improve a bit over time.
So do you know where you contracted the MRSA, do they feel was it picked up at the Clinic?

back to work

After 12 weeks of cosmetic surgery and MRSA information, I am returning to work tomorrow 6/23/14 . I am excited and nervous, my coworkers have not seen me since April 27. I work for a fairly large professional company, I have not kept in contact with my peers and they didn't know why I left on medical leave.
I feel my strength and stamina is good to return to my 10 hour shift.... ????

Good luck back at work tomorrow. Good thing you were able to take a couple of months of for your recovery.
IF I do any revisions or cosmetic surgeries in the future it will be here in the California. After viewing other photos from same doctor, I feel blessed and infection has healed.
Glad to hear that your infection is history!

first day back to work

I made it through a 10 hour shift. My TT is swollen and slightly in pain. I have pretty much a desk job, social worker. I would get up and move around but slight set backs expected.

Hope all is well.
I am sorry you went through this and are not happy with the results. I don't think MRSA is normal either. Have you spoke to DR Q? I hope you are ok. Don't over work yourself. Do you have before and after pics? I understand if you rather not post any. Best wishes and i pray you are healthy and healed.
I do keep in touch with Dr. Q., he does fairly well in responding to my emails. I plan on going to see him 4 6 month post op. I hope my body is pretty much done healing. I removed pics today, I was just disgusted viewing them. Thank you.

Lost 100 pounds and body needed a make over.

Lost 100 pounds and body needed a make over.
I am dismissed when I question job done and in reading estimate, I will have to pay for his poor quality of work revision. I understand now why he practices in mexico, not to help his patients in cost either. The laws are different than USA. He was understanding, listened and made promises but when he got his $$$ and I immediately starting asking questions he had a change in care.
Dr. Quiroz did a poor job on my surgery.
1. One breast larger, looks like one droops more than the other, scars are not the same on both sides.
2. Extended tummy tuck, loose skin all the way around.
3. My stomach still is bulging after tummy tuck.
4. FAT transferred to butt, WHAT BUTT???

For the most part the people I've seen who get revisions from botched surgeries with the same doc usually ended up hating the revision as well. I hope you really think about it cause at the end you may not save any money at all by going back to him.
Yea, I have thought about that. Trying to stay positive
Things are the same, unhappy with my PS.

new pics

Sorry to hear about what happened. I was thinking of going to this facility but seeing another PS Dr. Carlos Castaneda. I hope it gets better. :(
Thank you! Look up that doctor too, I haven't heard postive things about him. The down side to going to mexico is you don't have legal recourse to file a complain. Read the fine print they don't do revisions 4 free. Ask about if revisions needed and get it in writing.
From what I have read most US doctors don't do free revisions either. Usually you have to pay for anesthesia at least. I was also looking into Dr Luis Suarez ( my mom, sister, and co worker went to him) and Dr Juan Pablo Cervantes. I am also going to check out Charles Sarosy in La Mesa CA he charges 4995 for TT and 8995 MM I also know 3 people who went with him for TT they had good results. Thank you for posting this! Again, I hope it gets better for you.

5 plus month update

I have infection again. I hope MRSA has not returned. I had a boil growth where I had old wound/MRSA. I went to doctor to have it drained, biopsy and more blood work done. I sometimes regret the surgery, it has left me stressed, sleepless nights and broke...

So sorry for all you have been going through. I'm getting a mommy make over with Dr. Cervantes. Initially I quote with Dr. Quiroz just because I saw all the stuff he has about Opera Show. With all that I looked a him every where finding very bad reviews which make me change my mind. I have been looking on Drs for 6 months I even when to TJ to meet Dr. Cervantes. I have only good things to say about him and his stuff. My surgery will be done in December with him. Please don't get discourage look into another doctors. Many Dr Cervantes patients opened a Facebook group call : group Cervantes Aragon Hope you feel much better! Best.
Tickerbell, how are you doing? I know you told me it was confirmed that you have MIRSA again...I would say this is a RED FLAG, more than even having a crappy outcome with surgery. I would never go to a clinic where someone was recently diagnosed with MIRSA. Hope you are doing better, Please update us....prayers to you!
I am so very sorry to hear this, please keep us updated. You are in my prayers....
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over concerns: sagging and uneven breast, stomach not flat and what happened to my Brazilian butt.