- Tijuana, Mexico

Wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I...

Wanted a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I did a viral consultation, I was suggested to get lip and fat transferred to buttocks.
I developed a fever when I arrived home and called Dr. Quiroz, he informed me it was normal. I went to see my doctor after fever was 103 persistently. I developed a staph infection and eventually needed to be hospitalized, I had MRSA. Dr. Quiroz did keep I contact with me while in the hospital.
After I healed, time passed I sent Dr. Quiroz pictures of my surgery results, one breast is smaller than the other, my breast are not perky but droopy. I paid for butt lift and fat transfer. There is no difference in my butt from before. Dr
Quiroz stated to me my body looked better than before I had surgery, I don't dispute that to be a fact but I have droopy breast, uneven breast and no butt.... Dr. Quiroz wants me to wait 6 months post opt to see full results, so I have no idea if he will correct any imperfections. In the end I spent roughly 15 grand for cosmetic surgery and hospital here in Cali for infection.

Pictures

Posting pictures of breast, back from liposuction and tummy tuck
Breast are uneven, drooping, my back looks like an elder lady and no waist from result from lipo. My tummy tuck is not flat, I have not gained weighed. I lost 10 pounds since surgery.

MRSA infection

This infection was agressively treated by my physician when I had a fever of 103 and would not go away. Dr. Q informed me having a fever was normal, I wonder if MRSA was normal also. This infection and opening worsened and i was hospitalized. Staph infections happen in California also but disappointed with procedure outcome and feel he hopes i go away. ..

back to work

After 12 weeks of cosmetic surgery and MRSA information, I am returning to work tomorrow 6/23/14 . I am excited and nervous, my coworkers have not seen me since April 27. I work for a fairly large professional company, I have not kept in contact with my peers and they didn't know why I left on medical leave.
I feel my strength and stamina is good to return to my 10 hour shift.... ????

first day back to work

I made it through a 10 hour shift. My TT is swollen and slightly in pain. I have pretty much a desk job, social worker. I would get up and move around but slight set backs expected.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over concerns: sagging and uneven breast, stomach not flat and what happened to my Brazilian butt.

I am sorry you went through this and are not happy with the results. I don't think MRSA is normal either. Have you spoke to DR Q? I hope you are ok. Don't over work yourself. Do you have before and after pics? I understand if you rather not post any. Best wishes and i pray you are healthy and healed.
I do keep in touch with Dr. Q., he does fairly well in responding to my emails. I plan on going to see him 4 6 month post op. I hope my body is pretty much done healing. I removed pics today, I was just disgusted viewing them. Thank you.
I meant to say for my 6 month post opt.
No Worries,i understand. May i ask if you will allow him to do a revision or not? He should care if you're happy and satisfied with his work.
I am really questioning if I should... i paid quit a bit plus the hospital bill here in California for infection. He gives me the impression he won't do revisions because what I feel he did not do a good job. I have 2 months to think about it.
You did pay a tremendous amount of $$$ to be unhappy. I suggest you express this with him in person and ask what he will do. I don't know all the laws in Mexico but i know enough that,it is NOT the USA! I Hope you can research what you can do to him and how you can be compensated for your discomfort,pain and suffering. There has to be something.
I am not sure how my family will feel if I do decide to do revisions, this affected them too. I also need to be medically cleared to have new surgery, I was told no surgeries, piercings, tattoos for at least 6-9 months from when I left hospital in California.
I understand,i bet it has taken a toll on everyone,which is so unfair to all of you. It can take up to 1 year to heal and then you can do a revision. Maybe 1 area at a time? Not sure,you know your body best and your situation. Are you from Northern or Southern Cal? I'm in the bay area. Keep me posted.
Southern CA
Ok. Not too many Bay area ppl on here or Socal women. Nice to meet you.
Just checking in to see how you are doing these days???? Please update when you have a minute...
I have rash at times in the breast area, I live where it gets hot and humidity. I don't know if that is the cause, I use a lot of anti itch creams. I swell almost in knots around tummy tuck, especially where I had MRSA, painful... i have to wear binding to find relief but then I break out in heat rash. I sometimes regret surgery. I am planning on going to surgeon at my 6 month post operation.
I hate the thought of having to have surgery to redo what was done, both financially and mentally....I have been thinking maybe the fall or even during the Holidays in order to have extra time off from work...ugh I tried Bio oil last week...was a bad idea, caused a hot spot.
As far as revisions go, there was no way in hell, my husband would allow Dr Q. to do any more revisions on me....that pretty much settled that...
Lol! I haven't told my family yet, I am scared too but I spent a lot of money.
Thanks for sharing. I've heard of stories about A couple of PS not doing good jobs, I've never seen pictures. I couldn't see what you looked like before, but you sound very down about your makeover. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that! Let's look at the positive... Your ps left some skin to work with, if you go back to repair the ps will have something to work with. I had a tummy tuck about 11 years ago, then I had a son c-section may I add, and thank goodness I had some skin to work with, and my new ps was able to repair!!!
wow. I have heard just horrible reviews on this doctor and a few others in Tj. I hope all goes well with new ps or md. I definitely won't be going to see this doc soon. I heard just great things about some others but I guess even with reputable doctor's and doing our due diligence it's a shot in the dark or craps and or like playing russian roulette. which by the way it shouldn't be! This upsets me so much. We as patients put our trust in a ps or md or dermatologist whatever he is certified as and then things go horribly wrong. What's WORSE is they never suffer damages. I pray everything works out in the end. Keep your head up and No More Tj! Bella
Good luck back at work tomorrow. Good thing you were able to take a couple of months of for your recovery.
I forgot to add that having a fever after a tummy tuck is NOT normal. That only happens when there's an infection brewing somewhere and most tummy tuck patients recover without infections! At my surgeon's clinic patients are asked to contact their surgeons immediately if they have a fever and to contact their office even if infection occurs as late as a month after a procedure. I'm so happy I didn't go to a foreign country for my first TT as I wouldn't have wanted to return if a revision had been necessary. Having it done locally was a great choice for me considering that I wanted a revision. I DID spend MANY hours researching foreign surgeons though before finally deciding to do it close to home.
IF I do any revisions or cosmetic surgeries in the future it will be here in the California. After viewing other photos from same doctor, I feel blessed and infection has healed.
Glad to hear that your infection is history!
Where ever you go, make sure you are going for the Doctor and not the location, bad surgeries can happen anyway. I know someone from here who almost died from a bad PS in the northern CA area. She has had 4 surgeries and there I still more to come from his mess up... And I wish that simply by being a board certified surgeon, would guarantee a desired outcome, but that too is not always the case. So glad we have this site where we can really see, the good the bad and the ugly...
Yes...it doesn't matter where you go or what doctor you use...I am convinced, it is a crap shoot! I've been working with a plastic surgeon out of Mexico for a few years. He has done all my plastics and I am totally satisfied with it all, but I know there have been gals who weren't satisfied with some of his work. I have friends here in Virginia who used the "TOP" plastic surgeon and they had horrible results...one even getting all her money back. So...you just never know.
Also...a LOT of it has to do with a person's prior nutritional status, if they've had Weight Loss Surgery and how much weight they have lost and how long they carried he weight, etc. There are so many variables. SMOKING is a BIG factor in Post Op plastic surgery problems, but you can never convince a smoker that it has anything to do with their post op problems infections.
So sorry to read about your sub-optimal results after spending so much money! It's awful that you're now MRSA positive too! Hope your results improve a bit over time.