Facelift with Dr. Quiroz, Mexico

Well hi everyone, I've been talking with a few...

Well hi everyone, I've been talking with a few women who have been to Dr. Quiroz in Mexico, following their stories and their post transformation and I have finally jumped in. I am schedualed to have a face/necklift, Rhinoplasty, browlift and upper lip dermabrasion on the 23rd of this month. Just 10 days away. I am turning 53 in October, a grand mother of 5 little girls, married to a wonderful man and a RN of 25+ years. I have been investigating different PS's here in the US and in Mexico for about a year now, I have seen wonderful work here and in Mexico and also bad too. I guess going into this I know that I need to be more active in this process being outside of the US. You have to have all your meds and have a MD lined up for when you return in case of any complications, which I have done. I personally have chosen not to tell people I know from around here other than my immediate family of my pending surgery. We all know that their are nay sayers out there and I personally do not want to have to deal with that, I would like this experience to be a painfree as possible. I am nervous as I think we all are going into something like this, I have the trust in my PS to do a good job, I am not expecting perfection but improvement and a fresher appearance from this. I have got my flight scheduled, my deposit made, labs done and sent over, and I am staying at the Recovery center until Wed the 2nd of Oct so I will be there 9 days postop. I'm starting to do my packing and getting everything together, nervous energy I guess. Not much else to write at this point so I'll sign off now, I'll post some before pictures after I figure it all out how to on here :)

Sept 16, update in comment section.

I guess that I did updating in the comment section, ooops. Got it now.

Viva La Mexico, Here I come!

Well tomorrow is the day I fly out, got a 5:15 flight out, will arrive around 12:15pm and Cosmed will have a driver "Eddie" there waiting for me outside of the terminal, I'm bringing 1 suitcase loaded down with Qtips, gauze, and everything else I could think of that I would possibly need. Had some help with this a couple ladies who just got back from Dr.Q told me to bring lounge attire and DVD's, so I of course am, I appreciate the words of advice from these ladies. I'm purposely getting there early in hopes of doing a little pre surgical relaxation (shopping), I've been told there's a mall very close to the Recovery Boutique where I will be staying. Have to tell you that Dr.Q's patient Coordinator dropped the ball with me, she says she didn't receive my lab values or my deposit receipt but I got the fax verification that it went thru ok, so I am taking all of that with me, so the doctor did not get to review my lab work prior to me going there, but they are ok, she also schedualed Eddie to pick me up on Sat, (today) at 4pm. Ooops, I'm not there yet, so I definetly recommend doing a follow up no matter if they tell you everything has been done, do it before you go and wait on the phone while they double check. I went against my resolve of not telling anybody I knew outside of my immed family that I was going to Mexico for a facelift yesterday, a past co worker of mine was at the same nail salon that I go to and seen me there, we started talking and I told her, well she kind of rolled her eyes and said Oh my gosh, Mexico, are you sure? I assured her that it was fine and I had investigated it well and well her responses were less than encouraging. So for me personally I am back to my resolve of not telling anybody. I'll just let them tell me when they see me how great I look and are you doing something different to your hair? :) I'm thinking positive here girls. So not much else but feeling nervous and excited to get on with it. so i'll check back in with you all tomm after I settle in or soon after post op. Happy healing to all you and i'll talk with ya soon.

I'm Here.

hi everybody, I'm here now at the recovery center,, only one other person here, a older man, (probably my age:)) and he had his surgery Thursday and is leaving tomm, he had a body lift after a lap band surgery with massive weight loss, you can wear your PJ's or lounge attire, everything is very casual here. I found the mall and it is only 2 blocks away, a very nice one, complete with a starbucks. They also have a casino at the mall, I partook for a couple of hours on the slot machines, they havent learned to rig them as bad as the ones in the states because I didnt loose and I always loose. The room here is nice, everything that you would need, not home but seemingly clean and well kept,they keep hot water for tea and cookies and fresh fruit handy at all times in the dining room. They have good and free wifi, a hospital bed and your own controlled airconditioner.They only give you bottled water here and all things that are made from water comes from bottled water. They are going to wake me at 7am tomm and then I go upstairs to meet with the doctor at 8, then surgery will start sometime. I washed all areas that I think will be worked on with hibiclenzs wash and I will do that again in the am before I go see doc. Well I'm going to sign off now, long day, and surgery tomm. :)

Road to recovery.

Hi ladies, sorry it's been so long since I've updated but I'm here and I'm letting you now in my opinion how it is in Mexico with Dr.Q for a facelift. I am happy with the way the surgery process went with Dr.Q. I had a facelift, necklift, Rhinoplasty and a nose job, he also did dermabrasion to my upper lip, and I had Fraxel by Dr. Fuentes while I was still out after the surgery. His operating rooms are very modern and I did not see anything anywhere wrong at all with them, I did not question the hygenics of it as I did not see anything that would make me question any of it, I have been an R.N for 25+ years and I was very picky with my selection of Dr.Q for my surgery, I did my investigating of him and other doctors here in the states and in Mexico. He listened to me and gave me what I wanted, and he did a great job, I am pleased that I went to Mexico for surgery and I don't regret any of it. For any of those who question going to Mexico for surgery, it was all very safe, my transportation was arranged for me and I had no problems, I even walked to the mall, 4 blocks away on 3 different occasions, just to get out, have a Starbucks and look around, I looked bruised up and pretty messy but I dealt with it, used a scarf around my head and wore sunglasses, I was fine. Dr.Q's establishment is very professional and clean, and he and his staff are professional's, Dr'Q is a fine PS, with as much if not more education as any PS here in the states. I have my recommendations to any that are thinking of going there too, bring your own pain meds, anti nausea meds and antibiotics, also bring iron in case of the need after surgery. I investigated the antibiotics used for PS surgery and most doctors use Keflex, ask Paulina Dr.Q's coordinator what ABO he will be wanting you to use that way you can bring it and save yourself some money. If you stay at the recovery house there at Cosmed you will not need to bring bandages or anything like that as they have it all and will assist you with showering and redressing your incision sites, I also seen Dr.Q every morning and he looked over all of my sites to make sure that I was doing well. i will have to get help with uploading photo's for all of you so if you want them on here let me know and I will get that done for you, I hope this help's any of you considering this for yourself, let me know if you have any questions, take care all.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Quiroz so far has been very attentive, when I call and I leave a message for a return call, he returns my call that day. I will do a more detailed review as I cont along this process. Update: I rate Dr.Q right up there as I feel he is a excellant PS, He has always been very attentive and caring ,I would recommend him to anyone looking into having a facelift, I feel that I got a wonderful job done with my PS, I'm glad that I chose him, do not worry about going to Mexico, to him as it will probably be a better experience for you there than here even. Adios friends, May gentle gifted hands be with you all in your PS, I found mine and am very pleased with him.

I'd love to see some before and after photos.
Thanks for your update Patty!! Glad you are doing great!!! Thanks for the tips on what to bring!! So looking forward to seeing your after pictures I'm sure you must be pleased!! Wow, you had your nose done too!! OUCH!!!! OUCH!!! You are going to look so fine for the holidays & I will be so jealous!!! :) XOXO Kimberly
Thanks Kimberly, I'm glad that I got my nose done too, but it sure takes along time to heal, I still have soreness to the tip and the tip is still swollen so this does take awhile to go down, if you are needing any more tips for going over there I will be happy to tell you, my nose isnt perfect but better than it was, I think that we all want perfection when it's all done but they all tell you do not expect perfection just expect improvement and that's what I got so even though I'm not jumping up and down over it, I am pleased with it. XOXO back to you, Patty
Kimberly, Dr.Q is really pretty good and I can let you know some things if you want to go to him, I would recommend him, I am 53 now and I am glad that I did it, I hated that my husband who has a baby face looked younger than me, now I have caught up with him after my Charpae look to my neck is gone( not sure about the spelling) you know that dog with the deep creves wrinkles to it's face :).
Hey Patty!!! So glad you are happy!!!! Nose man, I have hated mine for like forever but over time it has come to define me so I guess I will just wear my real one unless your pictures prove me different. I broke it a few times so it's pretty wonky but I know that surgery is no walk in the park!! You are so lucky you have a supportive husband too!!! I think we are similar, my neck/jowls are my worse area but then looking at pictures of myself even in my teens I have had this, it just got much worse after menopause. I am HIGHLY open to any suggestions you may have!! Did you find a good way to handle the ear pain while sleeping? That is my main worry so far..besides not waking up.... This might seem stupid but I have a tragus piercing, do you think I will be able to keep it? (I love the look). Thanks so much!!! XOXO Kimberly
Heh Kimberly! I had to really look when you ask the question of if you could have a tragus, I sure don't see why not, he doesn't go to the outside of the ear but he does go inside, but that heals, even if you could not keep your current piercing you could redo it, but you sure should ask him if you could save it. With the ear pain sleeping afterwards, it's like whole head discomfort, your head feels like a bowling ball, still does as a matter of fact but it's getting better, I used 2 pillows, I went thru a few different pillows there, I told them they wern't soft enough and they got some from other empty rooms for me to check out till I was happy, I then used 1 piece of sterile gauze behind my ears because they were way to moist back there, and I was having some draining so I was having to work on those areas, cleansing with hibaclense, blow drying and gauze at night, my ears are close set to my head and with the swelling post op those areas didn't get much air and were always moist. I really tried to keep off my side sleeping sometimes it worked but the only way it did was when I rolled up 2 towels into a log and placed each one on the side of my face kind of tucked in so it would remind me. I took a sleeping pill and a 5/500 Lortab every night when I went to sleep for about the 1st week then I dropped it back to a sleeping pill and tylenol for a week or so and then it was a alieve at night and nothing else. I had got 30 sleeping pills from my doctor here but I only needed 1/2 of them. You will be tired and will want to sleep, just help yourself out with something to settle you in for the night, I really loved having the hospital bed at the recovery house, it made positioning so much easier.
Hi Patty! Naw, just got it redone a few weeks ago, it hurt like heck!! I thought she went thru the back of my neck!! Felt nothing the first time so go figure. I will see if can work around the retainer I will put in it. Good tip on the ear thing!! Get a roll of cotton!! My ears are like yours! I found the hibaclense that you recommended the other day at the store. Sleeping pills...last time I took an Ambian I had a tea part with my cats, six little bowls of cat chow & milk. Apparently mine was the BIG bowl..yuk!! Any suggestions for muscle relaxers? I have Flexeril but that hardly works on me either...is that what Lortab is? Thanks for all your advice!! Kimberly
Glad you are posting and feeling better....Wow you did a lot all at once!!! They wanted me to also have a fraxel treatment, but as I was waiting to be seen when I first arrived they wheeled out a woman who had just had it done....scared the hell out of me...I told them I would do it another time. I have to tell you it will take at least 6 months for the healing, I had a bulge under my chin where the incision was and now it's all gone. I lost feeling in my checks and neck which took almost 6 months to finally all come back. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the fraxel, still not sure if I am going to do it...
AZ, the Frazel I had done to my total face less the upper lip dermabrased area of course, I have larger pores and i had wanted to get rid of the lines left over on my face, It cost $600.00 for 1 treatment, and I told the doctor to do it very aggressively, you know I was going to be out and I was paying good money and I wanted good results, well i remember waking up twice while he was doing it from the pain, it was only a brief ochh! Stop that! and I'm not sure I might of tried to push him away, but after I did that he said something and out I was again, I think that I have a high pain tolerance, and him doing it aggressively brought me up out of anesthesia twice, but yes for only very short moment. When he did it he said that it would take a few treatments to get the desired effect that I wanted and he was probably right, it did improve my skin texture, and maybe shrunk my pores some, not sure about that, but I would not do a one time treatment again for $600.00, I would not do it unless I was going to cont with the series, but it may have looked painful to you but the aftercare was a breeze and I had only a little sunburn feel from it, but again I think I have a high pain tolerence, I myself am now looking into a deep chemical peel, a one time ugly procedure where you are looking very bad for about 2 weeks but then it's a done deal.
I am still not sure about the fraxel, one PS I did not need it, Dr Q said to do either a H2o treatment or 3 fraxels....then after reading the reviews here, I am really unsure, but I do believe Dr. Fuentes does a good job, the horror stories I have read about come from Techs doing the procedure. I will be having a lower body lift so may do it then...I wish I had one under the belt already but when I had my surgery I had 3 procedures done at once and there was 3 times the pain, so that was one reason I didn't go ahead then...
Im good! Better question, are you going through the post surgery blues? Are you healing? Whassup!
Lmao. Now we know you're ok, Patty.
Grace, you do alot of postings to other peoples sites, sharing your vast knowledge and advice to others and have alot of questions to the RS doctors,, Do you have anything better to do with yourself other than to post on other peoples sites? Just exactly why are you haunting Real Self site? You joined here in 2009 and have 102 posts but I do not see where you had PS yourself, or anywhere that you are sharing information about yourself, you seem really flippen creepy to me, why don't you get a life, get off my site, start your own after all these years, and as for being gracious, here's one for you "KISS MY ASS"
Dear Kat, lol, yea I'm ok, I need to thank her in a way though because she made me realise that I do need to answer my friends and not to be so caught up in my problems in life (don't worry, be happy), so I apoligise ladies for being so not there, and I apoligise to Grace for telling you to kiss my unmentionables and calling you a creep, but still stay the hell away from me, thanks:) Kat XOXO, hope your doing good :)
Ahh Patty!! So great to hear from you!! Glad you are doing good!! Sorry about the life drama & RS drama. You are right, worry never ever changed anything!!! Hope you are loving your new look & that you know we are all here if you need to chat about anything!! Cheers!! XOXO Kimberly
Lol, hi darling, I'm doing fine, I had actually spent 2 hours on a review yesterday before my 9 year old grand daughter came over and clicked off of the site before I was done and had a chance to post it, so I'll just have to do it over. I'm doing good though girls, yea going thru some blues about things that are not "perfect" with my neck and face but I'll let you know about those when I get the review done again, XOXO back to you!!
How are YOU doing, K?
Aach, grandkids do the darndest things...Patty, I had the blues too for a little while...things arent perfect yah, but why do we even expect perfection when we didnt have it before, lol. I still look at my neck and go...hmmm, that seems wrinkly...oh no, am I reverting to post surgery already????? Aaaaahhhh, vanity, thy name is woman....I have to laugh at myself...I just saw my wedding video, as our vow renewal was Oct 6, and I sure do like my neckline! Hope you like yours....hugs to you....and dont worry!
Thank you for your gracious response. At least everyone knows you are monitoring the site just not responding to those who have expressed sincere and genuine concern. They will be pleased to know that you are capable of responding to my "type" just not willing to respond to those who have poured out their online love to you. grace60
Oh Grace, do not try to assume or presume what is going on in others lives and questioning them negitivly in public, rude, the only posting you have done on my site is rude, about me and my daughter, I don't know anything about you and I am totally good with that. Go bother somebody else, don't need your type here.
If Patty hereself can't respond after so long discussing in detail her pending surgery then I can't help but wonder where the daughter is...the one who knows how her mother is and also being a poster to this site knows how to communicate with those of you who keep asking for updates? Any question about the reality of this story?
Patty!! I'm really nervous for you!!! Can you check in & let us know you are okay pretty please!! :) ~Hugs~
Hi Patty, Hope you're doing well! --Natalie in LA