23 Years Old, 2nd Attempt with Orthodontics - Corpus Christi, TX

I had braces between 16-18 years of age. Before...

I had braces between 16-18 years of age. Before getting treatment I only had a small diastema (gap) between my two front teeth. However when I got my braces off it took about 3-4 weeks before I received my Essix retainer. By that time my gap had returned. I was discouraged so I didn't wear them. Little did I know that my teeth would all shift and more gaps would form. I am now trying Invisalign. This is day two of my first tray. My teeth were sore yesterday and this morning so I took ibuprofen 800mg. Now the soreness has worn off a little. I go for my composite bottoms in two weeks.

Week 1 day 3

So today is by far, much better than days 1 and 2. At first I didn't think I was going to be a good candidate because of how uncomfortable the trays were. My tongue was so sore and raw from rubbing against the sides of the trays. I also felt a great deal of pressure, especially on day 2. Now I forget that I have them in. I don't have attachments yet and I heard those could be a game changer. Anyways so far so good. The only down side is my eating habits. I now have to reconsider what and if I want to eat, only because the process of taking out my trays and brushing my teeth will have tone utilized. Other than that there aren't any complaints.

Without trays

Tray 6

I haven't had any changes with my trays until this morning. I had blood on the lingual side of my trays. When I went to work I used a mouth mirror to view my palate and I saw that it is severely bruised behind my front teeth and the tray has made such an indention that it is making my palate bleed. It has only gotten worse and throughout the day and I haven't taken them out since lunch because i bleed when i put them back in. I haven't decided whether or not I will contact my orthodontist but I hope that this heals soon. It is almost unbearable.

Tray 6

Tray 11

So I haven't posted in a whole because I didn't really see much change. However little by little I am now almost halfway through treatment, and you can see the difference. I didn't realize how much problems I had with my teeth other than spaces, however looking at the comparisons I can see I had a lot more going on then I though. For the first sets of trays I was getting discouraged because my gaps weren't closing, little did I know we were working on bringing back my arch for better occlusion. Before my top arch was sticking out at an angle drastically. Now it is brought in and it is parallel to my bottom arch(almost). I am so excited to finish my treatment.
Dr. Robertson