Thigh Lift Left Me with Sagging Skin, Unnatural Contours - Corona Del mar, CA

I have always worked out and watched my diet... I...

I have always worked out and watched my diet... I was in good shape but still had sagging skin on my thighs. This surgery left me with unnatural contours and my skin now pulls and sags in a very unnatural and uneven way. I am very self conscious and depressed about it. Basically it looks horrible. Dr. A was impatient and rude to me about my concerns.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

ab5555: Did Dr. Svelak do a revision for you?

yes but it didn't accomplish much. It cost 4,000. I paid another surgeon 5,000 to try again and while he did succeed at making the scar thinner and some improvement in the skin laxity and contour problems, those problems still exist. Now I am out of money and can not pay anyone to finish the work, although I am told that further revision is possible. I just have so much regret and this whole thing has taken such a toll on my life. I feel exhausted and severely depressed. I can not stand living in this body as it is. I don't know what to do. I have spend a lot of psychiatric/counseling care and tried various anti depressants as well....as a result of this well. I can not afford that kind of help anymore either. I feel like I am at the end of my rope.

I feel so awful.. THis surgery ruined my life.

I am so glad to have meet you and we are in this together! Love You! for REAL! No Worries God is With Us! I know I lead a Very busy life but I think about you everyday!
I am so sorry! I am in the same boat! I feel just sick for all of us!
I have to say that this thigh lift surgery if it is done right it may work I unfortunately did not have the right doctor, I also ended up in a mess, the doctor cut me all around my back top of my thighs and then in the groin in the front all the stitches tore and I have scars and I did not accomplish anything, in Conn you can only file a lawsuit in one year, and I had moved out of the area. One really needs to check out the doctors first and I have learned a hard lesson. I will be scared for life and my legs are not any better.

Thanks BB...... I appreciate your kind words. And sending you sweet angels as well. Want to learn to love myself again... imperfections included. Sometimes it can be so hard.

Keep us posted darlin. I have decided against going under again because even though I have the means, its not enough promise of perfection. Trust me I understand the hell mentally and physically, sweety I considered burning my stomach with a hot iron, so...I absolutely know what you mean. Sending you little angels in hopes your satisfied...
BB

The consult was very good.... he is a good listener. I had the procedure.... one side came out beautiful!! ... the other improved.. but still has problems. So I have a follow up on Monday and am hoping Dr Svelack is as compassionate when it comes to redoes. I'll let you know how it goes.

How was your consult? I am also thinking about going to him.

I am going for a second consultation with Dr. Svelack. I think he may be able to help me.. but I am also worried that it could go wrong. Hoping and praying he can help and I can get back to my life. Thank you all who have replied.

Sky,
How is it going? What's the status on your repair surgery?
Sky,
I finally had my medial thigh lift (scar from grion to inner butt cheek) on Feb 15th and i had several complications with the scars healing, but as of yesterday all parts have closed (fingers crossed that my body stops rejecting the deep sutures). I also have a lymphocele that my doc has drained 3 times and is going to put a drain n today.(set back)..but all and all my thighs look great (aside from the swellin). But my issue is the outter appearance of my vagina. My labia majora is almost non exsistent and the mons (upper lip like part), is gone. I say it looks like a vagina on crack....its very scary looking to me. The inner labia just hangs out unprotected, getting dry and irratated. My hubby doesnt see anythg wrong with it. He thinks its easier access to u know what. But i hate the way it looks. Even if no one will ever see it, but him, i hate it and i want it fixed. So I aplogize for down playing your feelings. Although that was never my intention, in retrospect it may have appeared that way. I cant and dont want to live my life with a creapy looking vagina. So i understand your plight. I wish u luck in locating a ps to fix your incision.
Take Care,
Headliner

HI headliner... I have heard there are surgeons who specialize in what you are talking about it.... I think you could find someone to help if you google it. ANd check reviews.... Best of luck to you ... Sky
PS I did find a surgeon to help revise my incisions and I'll post the outcome. Keeping my fingers crossed as well!

Headliner, I had my minora done. Dr Gary Alter in Beverly Hills actually wrote the specific surgery I had done. I did have a little rejection of the sutures material and he revised and he used a different type of suture material. I had a clitoral tack, which makes it less protrudent. I cant tell you FIRST hand, Dr Alter speializes in many genital surgeries, from reverse female circumcisions (religious in other countries) to
reconstruction. I have considered doing my majora because my clit and minora are so much more normal sized now, that it feels a little bigger but all the reasons I had it done are gone so I decided against it. Sex was uncomfortable being pulled in and out of my vajayjay, and when oral was performed, men would just assumed because I was "baggier and longer" there that they should be rough, or even just plain confused because my clit was so diffiult to pin down (so to speak), I look completely normal now, and have actually compared mine to other very nice looking women and I am pleased. My name is Brandi, and if you speak with Zena at Dr Alters office, you'll be so relieved...I can give you my word by experience...Good luck sweety~
the right leg looks great and on the left I see the area that bothers you, but that should be covered by shorts or even a one piece suit with good rear coverage. I know you feel awful about this, but YOU are not your body, you are just a soul who temporarily inhabits this body and if you look throughout this site at all of the after photos of the body procedures, you will see you still have a rockin bod!

Thanks for your comment Rosebud.

BTW~ if you want to come to Baltimore you can come see my new doctor I think he could really help you! There are several out here I think you would really love Are you in D.C.?

WHo is your surgeon??

At first I was trying to conceal his name to try an honor him. But he said no need he is very proud of the work he has done on me. And feels he has done excellent work. I have now seen 6 surgeons looking to help me find someone to fix this disfigurement on my body! Anyways, It's Dr. Agha in Orange County. When I told him I honored his name and never told any of the surgeons who my surgeons was so not to embarrass him in the community. He laughed in my face over the phone and said that was ridiculous and I did not need to then nor in the future. And then went on to tell me how proud he is of his work on me. So I will no longer try to protect his name either. I n fact I had my Real Self blog taken down to help protect him I had so many true facts to share ( I mean information people need to hear to help make a decision when choosing a dr. ) and pictures to show and did he appreciate that or say thank you?? Never I just lost being able to chat with all you girls. So I am going o start a New Blog! Because we are NOW going forward with a law suit. So, Sky i would love love love to chat with you. We have read your case and i am sorry for your outcome. We have a pretty solid case and a GREAT lawyer. I would love to share with you our case and discovery. I feel so confident especially after seeing 2 lawyers this week after we had failed meeting with Dr. Agha to end this thing, they are so clear how hard these types of cases are and then after we shared what we had they grabbed our case up! Yeah! That took SO much pressure off me We tried to settle the past few weeks (w/ Agha it was laughable to say the least. That's why I now feel free to start writing on the Internet again! I just need to be carefully and write things that are completely factually and that I can back up in court. Because you know HOW someone (no names mentioned) would love to file a defamatory case. Oh Girls this is how a certain person is no kidding. Instead of being kind and putting just a little of his energy into making his patient happy and would rather spend all his energy showing then who boss! It's so sad and hurtful. Anyways, Well thanks girls for letting me ramble! I am sure most of this doesn't even make since. It usually only makes since in my head! I am just feel so free at the moment I am free to write reviews. You I guess when some hurts you so bad like
Sky was hurt you want them to take responsibility and it's SO hard when they don't. Especially when YOUR the one that wakes up to the pain, mentally, physically and emotionally every single day! And they don't they don't think about YOU AT ALL!
It seems like somehow it could be pulled up somehow and stitched back together. Have you seen other doctors~ there are SO many wonderful doctors out in your area willing to help, that are truly wonderful caring and kind and THEY REALLY LISTEN TO YOU~ I know first hand. I am sorry you settled for the 4,000.00. Don't feel like a freak just be proactive and find a dr, to help you. I have a scar where people see it everyday I am going through something similar~ but I am not going to mention my dr. we are trying to work things out but he doesn't want to listen to me. And In time I am hoping to only say Great things about him but for now, I have seen two other doctors who REALLY want to do his revisions and have my publicity ( and they seem amazing ) and I am seeing another one on Thursday. I work with little kids and I bend down alot and they see my scars all the time and I want to cry everyday. My dr. professes to be a world class world leader in PS and he I have to fight with him just to fix them, I live with holes in my sides, lipo that was never done on my thighs which makes for the thigh lift I paid for worthless a big waste of money that I saved up for years. And does my dr. care NO~ on the front page of he web site he goes on how much he cares. and what a perfectionist he is. AND I so wanted to be the person showing off my hot body and giving the BEST reviews everywhere. So I understand YOUR Pain but we need to pick up and move forward. I gave him a chance to listen to me and care but no dice it was just ALL about HIM and HIS PAIN~ are you kidding me if he lived in my body for one day and felt those kids make fun of my scars, or my husband see the holes in my side or me having to buy bigger pants after paying for lipo and thigh lift which it should be just the opposite ( but the lipo was NOT done) Hmmm he might just say just one time I am really sorry lets fix this together I want to make you a happy patient.... just maybe. It hurts to have your doctor turn on you the doctor you trusted. The one you thought would take care of you if things didn't turn out right. It kills me when I hear all these other girls have issues and the Dr.s take care of them right away NO Issues. I thought that's how my Dr. would be, i mean I am happy for the other girls but Why isn't my Dr. like that~ He now want's to take a 3 1/2 hour general Anesthesia surgery and do in office under a local. I don't think so , and in his own words here on RealSelf he says thigh work should Always be done under General Anesthesia. hmm go figure. So, girlfriend get up and go make some phone calls and find a dr, to help you! Maybe getting a butt lift would help lift those scars but you would really hate the other scar you would get. Well get on the phone and let us know what you come up with~ I will be looking forward to what you come up with~ : ))))) Right now you can ONLY move forward I am sorry for what you are going through for real~ ; ) I do agree with headliner it's really not as bad as you think, it's not great by no means but at least when you put on clothes you can't see it. but when your naked I don't think it's as concealed as headliner thinks it looks it's pretty thick and low on your leg. Okay enough of my 3 cents...

Thank you of your comment . I have been looking for another surgeon.

I posted more pictures on a separate review.
I wish I could find a doctor to help me....I am so depressed.... I feel like a freak.