I've wanted a BA since age 18 when I realized my...

I've wanted a BA since age 18 when I realized my 34B's weren't ever going to grow any bigger. Now, 15 years and 3 children later, I'm finally going ahead with it. I'm happy I waited until after children because breastfeeding changed the shape and reduced the volume of my breasts. They are no longer high and perky :-( They look great in a push up bra but look terrible naked! Makes me feel so self conscious. I am 33 years old now and so ready to do this!

I did lots of research and found that BA in Miami is thousands cheaper than in Raleigh NC which is where I live now. Checked reviews on this site and researched the most popular centers in Miami, narrowing it down to Strax Cosmetics and Coral Gables Cosmetic Surgery Center (CG). Emailed photos to both last week and promptly received quotes for a breast augmentation (BA) with a breast lift (BL). Strax quote was $4999 for saline or $5500 for silicone. CG quoted me $4000 for saline or $5000 for silicone. The Strax quote did not have a doctor listed but CG quote did. They listed Dr. Jacob Freiman on my quote. I received a follow up call from Blanca at CG and she was nice and friendly, explaining the deposit necessary to book a date and answering my questions about how things would work since I'm out of state. I took some time to research the doc and find photos of his work.

This morning I called them and scheduled my surgery which required a $1000 deposit. I will be flying in on Monday 9/8 and getting surgery on Tuesday 9/9. That's 15 days from now! I am a deflated 34 B and I want to be a full C cup. I am much more concerned with perkiness than size though. Don't know what to choose as far as silicone/saline/how many cc's, etc so I am hoping for a very thorough consultation to help me decide. I have thin/no breast tissue so probably have to do silicone.

I'm extremely excited and I can't wait to get this show on the road! I will update with photos every step of the way in hopes of helping someone else the same way the great reviews on this site helped me . Wish me luck!

Blood Tests and Supplies!

Received emails from Blanca at CG cosmetics with preop instructions. I have to do some bloodwork as soon as possible. I didn't realize I would need bloodwork done but I should have assumed as much. I went online to requestatest.com and ordered the necessary tests which are; comprehensive metabolic panel $29, quantitative pregnancy test $39, and CBC with differential $29. Total for bloodowrk was $100. I planned to go asap but the CBC requires fasting for 9 hours beforehand so I'll go to the lab in the morning before breakfast.

I also bought from Wal Mart two cotton sports bras that hook in the front $7.94 each, Palmers Cocoa butter massage cream with vitamin E $5.97, Palmer's Cocoa butter formula (thicker and more oily kind) $4.97, a pack of baby wipes for freshening up before I'm allowed to shower $1.88, and 4 bottles of alcohol to make moldable ice packs with 88 cents each. Total for supplies so far is approximately $33.

I have natural laxatives already and the doc will prescribe pain meds once I get there so I think I'm prepared. Am I though?!? I'm getting a little anxious now. Ok, a LOT anxious!

I'm still looking at lots of BA photos to find one that I love so I can show Dr. Freiman exactly what I want. I know a lot of people who go small regret not going bigger but I'm really leaning towards a full C cup, maximum. I'm 5'6" tall, 135 lbs, an athlete and super active so I don't want big boobies bouncing in my face and slowing me down. I'm currently training for my first half marathon and I can't imagine adjusting to running with D's! LOL

I still need to book a flight but I think fares will drop soon so I'm taking a chance and waiting. To be continued....


The surgery is now less than one week away and the entire balance is paid! Wow! I keep going back and forth between being very excited and very nervous. As advised by the dr. in my preop instructions, I went to CVS today and bought multivitamins ($9.79), Vitamin C tablets ($5.79), Metamucil fiber bars ($7.79). Tomorrow I go on a 5 day beach vacation then it's off to Miami for surgery! The countdown begins........


Tomorrow morning I leave for Miami! I have been taking multivitamins, fiber, and vitamin C as directed. The fiber really works well. A little too well actually! I was also instructed to take Colace twice a day starting two days before the surgery so I will take that tonight along with my vitamins. I hope it doesn't make me have to use the restroom before I get to my hotel. That would be really gross for whoever is sitting near the restroom on the plane! :-/

I am incredibly excited now because tomorrow I will find out the exact process of my surgery and decide on a size along with my doctor. Here goes......


Sample implants
I'm at my Preop appt now. Taxi from the Hilton Miami Airport cost $17.70 and took about ten minutes.

Checked in at 1:20pm. Front desk staff was not rude at all but not super friendly. Lobby is small and there were plenty of people in it which I take as a good sign.

They called me back to the lab around 2:00pm. Signed all of my medical release forms, took photos, then met my patient coordinator Blanca. She is extremely nice and so sweet and genuine. Actually all of the nurses in the back are nice. They made me feel comfortable and welcome. Very happy people with great attitudes. Finished my paperwork in about 30 minutes then directed to a waiting area and instructed to take off my top and put on a blue paper robe around 2:35pm. I was told that doctor is in surgery and will be out soon.

I'm in the exam room now waiting for the doctor and it's about 3:30. I hear the doc in the next room now so it should be soon. Yay! :-) I understand that he's busy and I'm not complaining. I am willing to wait as long as I have to because based on the reviews I read, I was prepared to wait much longer than this! LOL

I took a look and feel at the sample implants and I've attached photos and a video of me feeling them. I'm leaning towards the 325cc ultra high profile. I'll update after doc comes in!


Just came out of Preop appt with the doctor and I am absolutely terrified. He examined my breasts but didn't give me any real info. He said with a lift it's reconstructive surgery so he will work within the dimensions of the skin. I asked how many cc's he thinks will be good and he said I just have to trust him. I told him I have a wish pic and he said no need to see it because he knows what will look best. I told him I don't want big and he said they will be "perky and pretty and natural looking" when he is done and once again said to trust him.

My surgery is tomorrow. All I know is that I'm getting a lollipop lift and a silicone implant. That's it. I was so floored in the appointment that I completely forgot to ask any of the questions on my list. I'm nervous and seriously reconsidering the whole thing. I feel completely in the dark and that's NOT how I'm supposed to feel after talking to the doctor :-(

It's 4:01pm and I'm waiting in the main lobby again. I'm scared and tired and hungry and I feel like crying but I won't because I'm in public :-( I know it seems as if I'm acting like a baby but this is a big surgery and I really felt like I should be more informed. I felt like a child while in with the doctor. I really wish that had gone differently so I would feel more confident tomorrow :-(


Blanca is a lifesaver! I was called into the back again around 4:20pm to get my surgery time from the nurses. While there, I asked the nurse if it says in my chart how many cc's the doctor will use, hi or mod profile, or ANY DETAILS AT ALL about my surgery. The nurse took me to speak to Blanca and she really eased my mind. Apparently the doc had written the specifics on the chart while in the appointment with me but just didn't share the info with me because......?? :-/

Anyway, Blanca was wonderful. She reviewed his notes and told me what he wrote down. Moderate profile, mentor Silicone, under the muscle, 330cc's. She talked to me about exactly what I am looking for and what final results I can expect. I feel much better.

Unfortunately, I asked the nurses for the earliest surgery time possible as soon as I went to the back then I found out that I have to be here at 4pm tomorrow which means surgery will probably start around 5:00 and I can't eat or drink after midnight. Can't even swallow water from tooth brushing :-/ That sucks.

The experience with the doc has me all shaken up. He seemed really agitated as soon as I started to tell him what he wanted but I wasn't demanding or offensive. On the contrary, I was nervous and scared so I was very soft spoken with him. I really hope the results are worth going through this experience.......


In a taxi now. Stuck in crazy traffic. Driver is talking nonstop while eating a burger and fries from Mcdonalds. He's spraying food out of his mouth with every word. It's a gross sight. And he sounds like he has a cold so not only does be have a mouth full of food, he is sniffing and congested too.

Originally called the taxi company at 4:23 pm in preparation to leave the surgery center. At that time, they said 20 minutes. I called back again at 5:03 pm. They said someone is on the way. Driver finally called me at 5:20pm to say he is a block away. We are in the taxi now. Starving from being at CG for 4 hours. Kinda bummed but trying to remain positive about every thing.
Btw, taxi phone number is (305) 444-4444. Good luck with them if you choose to use them.


It's the night before my surgery and I am feeling very apprehensive but mostly I just want to get it over with. I was instructed to shower with Dial antibacterial soap tonight, then again in the morning. I bought hibiclens instead because I am hoping and I assume (total assumption) that it will kill more germs. I read some reviews where doctors instructed patients to use it and I figure it can't hurt.

I just read my patient info packet in it's entirety and it says my surgery time is 1:30pm although the clinic person told me 4:00. I'll call in the morning to confirm. I was given 4 prescriptions and I need to fill them in the morning because I have to bring them with me to surgery. It says on Preop instructions that I will be instructed to take the anti nausea meds just before the surgery.

The medications are
1. Zofran ODT, 8mg, 3 pills, anti nausea
2. Flexeril, 10mg, 12 pills, muscle relaxant
3. Omnicef, 300mg, 10 pills, antibiotics
4. Percocet, 325mg, 30 pills, pain medication

I'm not sure if I mentioned previously but I was going to stay in a cheap hotel (super cheap like $55/night) but my boyfriend surprised me with a reservation at the Hilton Miami airport instead. Staying here has completely changed the experience already. I would definitely recommend the place to out of towners because it is literally right across the street from Miami airport. I'm in a one bedroom king suite with balcony. It's huge and comfortable. The desk overlooks the water and the airport. You can also see the skyline. The lobby is nice and the place has all the typical accoutrements you would expect at a hilton. Free shuttle from the airport, business center in the lobby, friendly staff. I had no problem checking in early.

The hotel cafe is expensive, of course. Turkey burger and fries this afternoon-$17 plus tax and tip. I only ordered it because I was starving when I arrived. There is a shopping center about a mile away with a Publix supermarket, Starbucks, Burlington, Burger King, Chinese food, etc. I actually walked there this afternoon to buy crackers, a sandwich, and juice.

I also bought 2 insulated plastic cups with straws from Burlington for $3 each. One for juice, one for water. I'm going to shower and sleep now. When I wake it will be surgery day!


Day one post op
Natrelle silicone 304ccs


My surgery was scheduled for Tuesday at 4pm. I slept in until noon, then the time flew by once I woke up. The surgery center called around 3:00 and asked if I could come in early since they had a cancellation. I arrived at 3:45 and went to a prep room immediately. I took a urine pregnancy test and undressed, then changed into the blue paper gown. Nurse had me take one of my anti nausea pills then Dr. Freiman came in to do my markings. He was in a much better mood than the previous day. He actually seemed friendly! I asked him if my surgery would be difficult since my breast tissue is thin and I don't have much volume. He said for any other doctor my case would be difficult but not for him ;-) He said he's done three BA's with lifts already today so he practiced on them, now he's ready to do mine. LOL I also asked him what my cup size will be and he said "about a C". I told him I'm eager to get the surgery over with so I can eat and he said he has a patient scheduled for 9pm and she must really be starving! I asked him if he gets exhausted from doing so many surgeries from morning to night and he said no.

After the markings, the anesthesiologist came in. He said to be very honest with him then asked about drug use, smoking, and any medications. (no, no, and no!) Then in a conversational tone he asked me "so, what did you have for lunch?" I told him I didn't eat. Then he asked the same about breakfast and snacks. I think the conversational tone was meant to make me comfortable so if I had eaten something I would just spill the beans. It was a smart tactic but I wouldn't dare eat when they told me not to!

On a side note, I later found out from the nurse that the earlier cancellation was due to a patient eating before surgery. She told the anesthesiologist and he called off the surgery immediately. Nurse said many patients do that. They don't realize that the food in your stomach can be aspirated in the breathing tube which can cause choking death. It blows my mind that someone would spend thousands of dollars and not follow directions to successfully complete the procedure!

After the questions, anesthesiologist led me across the hall to the OR. Dr. Freiman was there waiting and he introduced me to his team. He was very comforting and nice. He gave me a warm blanket and told me everything would be fine. I was strapped down, covered up, and IV went in. Doc told me there may be a stinging feeling when med goes into my IV. I looked up and saw him putting something in the IV and the next thing I remembered was the nurse helping me get dressed after the surgery. I don't know how long the actual surgery took but I was headed back to the hotel at 6:30 I think.

Once I got back to the hotel I was in excruciating pain and I felt very sick. I was crying (I know, I'm such a baby! LOL) but I took Percocet and it started working quickly. Ever since then the pain has been manageable. I take Perocet every 4 hours on the dot. The one exception was yesterday when I went to my post op appointment. I waited 5 hours and 20 minutes to take pain meds and that was a HUGE mistake!

At my post op appointment yesterday I saw Dr. Ortega since Dr. Freiman wasn't there. He took off the bandages and examined my breasts. I told him about the nausea and he said it's a side effect of the Flexeril and Percocet. He said I can take Tylenol instead of Percocet and just take the Flexiril as needed but for now I'm sticking to the original meds and just sleeping after I take it so I will not feel the nausea. He also gave me instructions on massage which should be started one week post op. He told me its important to stretch my arms above my head to avoid stiffness and to sit up straight to avoid lower back pain. Dr. Ortega said they like to see patients for follow up at 7-10 days, then one month, two months, and three months but I will probably come back in six weeks then again at the three month mark, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

After the appointment I cam back to the hotel and went back to bed where I've been ever since. I haven't had much of an appetite. I've mostly been eating bananas and saltine crackers. I'm flying back to Raleigh tomorrow morning but I wish I could stay here for another week. The hotel is so peaceful and quiet. I am in no hurry to get back to the "real world".

My breasts are puffy like balloons but softer than they were yesterday. When I sit up I can feel the blood rushing into them and it tingles but it doesn't hurt. My right nipple still has sensation but my left is somewhat numb. I think I'm lucky not to have any bruising but there are drops of blood in my bra from my nipple area on each side. I'll post more pics soon!


I'ts five days post op and I'm home resting. I've stopped taking Percocet so the only meds I'm taking now are antibiotics, Colace, and Tylenol once a day. The trip back to Raleigh was an absolute nightmare! I packed my suitcase but couldn't apply the necessary pressure to zip it without feeling pain so I was afraid I may have ripped some stitches. Then I tried to shower and it took forever because I couldn't maneuver enough to get really clean and couldn't wash my back at all. Not to mention the effort it took to dry off and get dressed after. I had to blow dry the tape after my shower and I was already behind schedule. The hotel shuttle took forever so I hailed a cab instead. Got to the airport and the self check in kiosk lines were long so I went to the attendant counter. Attendant told me not to bother trying to make my flight because security lines would take too long and flight was in 40 minutes. I was already in pain and completely spent (emotionally and physically) so I went into the bathroom, found a spot on a bench, called my BF, and cried. Yep, I cried. The kind of crying where your shoulders shake and nose is running like a faucet. Sorry about the disgusting imagery but the moral of this story cannot be stressed enough. If you are traveling alone after your surgery, plan to be at the airport 2 hours beforehand and MAYBE you'll make it!

Instead of my nonstop 2 hour flight, I had to wait an hour then change planes after an hour layover in charlotte. Originally scheduled to arrive home at 11:49am. Attendant gave me a flight arriving at 5:45pm instead but BF found a flight arriving at 3:21pm! He also recommended that I request a wheelchair and that was the best advice ever! You're probably thinking "OMG really, a wheelchair?!?" but it saved me from walking a ridiculous distance between my flights and afterward. I completely underestimated the amount of energy it takes to maneuver through a huge airport. It would have taken me at least 30 minutes to get from an A gate to gate D-18 in charlotte airport without assistance! I definitly would have missed my connecting flight!

Anyway, I made it home and I've been in bed ever since. My breasts feel like heavy rocks on my chest and it's driving me nuts to sleep on my back. There's some blood dried under my tape and they are itchy now which hopefully means they are healing well. I still need help to shower so BF bought a loofah brush with a long handle and something to help with applying lotion as well. I can't see a huge difference from day one and today but breasts feel softer and right one is dropping a little. Any questions feel free to ask!
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

I haven't had any contact with the doc yet. Only the patient coordinator.

Was this review helpful? 1 other found this helpful

Comments (108)

Sort by

  • Reply
Your results are looking fabulous! I'm glad you made it back home and you're still resting. Hope your recovery is smooth sailing.
  • Reply
Thank you so much for posting such great detail!! I wish you a very speedy recovery. Your new body looks great.
  • Reply
Your poor thing! Sending lots of happy healing thoughts! I fly out in ten days for my BL & BA....am getting so nervous!
  • Reply
Thank you for the good wishes. I was nervous leading up to the surgery to but it really is a painless process all the way up until the postop recovery. As long as your doctor knows what you want and you have good communication, you will be just fine! Is someone going with you?
  • Reply
I'm going with a girlfriend who is also having BA and lipo, so no one actually 'looking after' me but I'm pretty independent and where we are staying the staff are fabulous and there are nurses on hand.
  • Reply
Hi Aussiepme! Where r u staying? I might b coming by myself also. Thanks love! :)
  • Reply
Omgosh!!! Honey :{ ... I was just reading your airport travel story and I had to go sit down at work to finish reading it. Awww I was hurting for you while reading that. I'm sooo glad to hear you're home.... You're looking good Hun rest up, lay down, and fluff out!
  • Reply
Yes! You have sooo much love and support from this page sweetheart :) happy healing! Xoxo
  • Reply
Thank you for the well wishes and encouragement! It is greatly appreciated. I know it probably sounds sappy but the support and encouragement I've received on this site has been wonderful and really means a lot because I know that others are experiencing the same thoughts, feelings, and emotions as I am!
  • Reply
Thank you so much!
  • Reply
I've been following your story and crying right along with you. So happy to hear you are home and settled in! I'll be flying to Miami on 9/25 for a lift and lipo, feel blessed to have my husband going. You are so strong to have gone alone! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Reply
Thank you so much for your encouragement. If I could change one thing I definitely would have had someone accompany me the entire trip! It's great that your husband is going with you. I think your experience will be wonderful because you will have someone loving and supportive with you every step of the way. Best wishes!
  • Reply
Are you going to Coral Gables surgery center as well?
  • Reply
No, Dr. Revis is doing my surgery. We're flying into Miami but he is actually in Ft. Lauderdale. I was able to save 100's of $ by flying into Miami, even with renting a car it was still cheaper.
  • Reply
Hey. How are you feeling? I hope you're recovering as you planned. :-)
  • Reply
I am feeling much better now that I am home in my own bed. However I am feeling exhausted all the time! I didn't anticipate being this tired all the time after surgery. It maybe because I'm not eating very healthy foods though. I've been eating a lot of saltine crackers and drinking lots of water but not too much good nutrition :-(
  • Reply
All the energy you do have is being used to heal your body. Your body is in overload right now. Just take it easy :) happy healing! :)
  • Reply
Hi! I also had surgery this week on Wednesday. You look so good!! I'm staying on top of the pain meds too. My shoulder blades hurt so bad. My dr went with 339cc. I'm 5'7 135lbs. How tall are you?
  • Reply
I am 56, 135 pounds, and mine are 304 cc's. The doctor informed me at my post op appointment that bad posture will lead to shoulder pain as well as lower back pain so I try to sit up straight all the time. Do your breasts ache or do you still have pain? Any itching where the sutures are?
  • Reply
I meant to say 5 feet 6 inches tall not 56 years old! LOL
  • Reply
Isn't auto correct something! Lol I can't tell u how many times my auto correct has made me look so silly :) I hope u are doing fabulous! Xoxo
  • Reply
I am so relieved to hear of your experience . Thank you so much for being so thorough! it's like reading people's experiences help me to understand what I can expect.I am already frightened as it is. I have never had surgery in my life! Just three kids sent me to the hospital for vaginal birth, that's it. Thank you again and again! good luck on your recovery! Much love
  • Reply
I was the exact same way. Up until now I had never had any kind of surgery. I was never in the hospital for anything other than three routine vaginal births so I was nervous about everything especially the general anesthesia. Everything went smoothly though so no worries! I just kept telling myself that the people who are doing the surgery have done this a million times. You will be in good hands! Whenever you find yourself worrying, distract yourself by going online to look at all the nice clothes you'll be able to wear after your surgery! lol Best wishes!
  • Reply
Well I am sooooo glad things worked out, and Im so glad he was nice to you in the end. I was so scared for you for a minute. Well, rest up, and happy healing :)
  • Reply