32 Year Old Fat Transfer/BBL with Dr. Ortega! - Coral Gables, FL

I have always wanted lipo on my thighs and stomach...

I have always wanted lipo on my thighs and stomach. I finally decided to take the first steps when my sister started looked for a surgeon for her "Mommy Makeover". Luckily I had someone who was researching/prepping/having surgery/recovering with me. Initially feelings of anxiety overwhelmed me as I am 32 years old without kids and have never had any surgeries. Anticipating the outcome and results (along with having my sis with me) helped me along my journey. We decided to schedule our surgeries the same day. After much research and based upon numerous email exchanges with our patient coordinator (Blanca-so patient and helpful!) we decided to travel from PA to FL (CG Cosmetic). We were advised we would need to stay in Miami for 10days due to my sis' mommy makeover. Otherwise it would have been a 5-7 stay for the fat transfer/BBL.

Our consultation was scheduled two days before our surgery. This was the first time I met or spoke with Dr. Ortega. He was very down to earth (straight shooter) and actually a little funny. I told him I was looking to lose my thighs and mid section without having a HUGE butt. I really wanted something natural. He told me I probably wouldn't have enough fat for a HUGE butt anyway. Boy was I relieved!!

The next day I patiently waited/counted down for my surgery day.

Day of surgery we arrived at our scheduled appointment times and were taken to pre op right away. I was given a gown, disposable hair net thing and disposable foot covers and then was connected to an IV drip. At this point I was all alone and terrified.

Dr. Ortega entered the room and quickly calmed me down. He "drew" on me providing an online for the areas he would work on. I remember thinking "wow that's a lot". Then the anesthesiologist came in and thoroughly explained what he would do in the ER. I was ready!

Soon after it was time... I went into the OR suite and immediately was scared and terrified. I remember laying on the table and I began to cry. I told the anesthesiologist I was scared. He told me everything would be fine. The next thing I knew...I was awake and in the recovery room. I felt NOTHING and remember nothing during the surgery. I was a bit sore and definitely out of it when I woke up. The nurses informed me that the compression garment I purchased was too small (buyer beware...don't believe the package regarding sizes/weight) and they were unable to put the garment I purchased on. I asked if they had one for purchase because I knew I didn't want to deal with trying to get a tight compression garment on while extremely bruised and sore. They did have one available for purchase for $150 (not the best but it did it's job for a couple days).

Recovery...I will submit under a separate post.

The drawing...

This was my drawing right before surgery. That looks like a lot of work!

The absolute best compression garment store and they ship!

I purchased 2 compression garments which where horrible material and quality. Neither one fit (not even close) and with each one I went 1 size up from what the package said. Fajas M&D ships and is running a sale- buy 1 get 1 half off!!

I have learned that more than 1 garment is a MUST!! The material of these garments are tight where needed yet breathable. There is a zipper in the crotch so you can handle your business. I found other garments to be open leaving my delicate parts being slightly cut off or even exposed.

The fabrics are Powernet, Lycra Nylon, Cotton Lycra (good for BA), and Satin Lycra. The salesperson Janaisa was super helpful and even put the garment on me. The other thing I like about this place is that they will exchange your.garment with the tags on if you purchased the wrong size. Every place I looked at will not exchange or refund! So frustrating!!!

The garments I purchased are below. Each garment is originally $131. I both garments for $200 plus tax. It was so worth it!

I paid $150 for each garment that didn't fit...such a waste!

Recovery...Day of Surgery

Our designated driver (my niece) drove us to the condo we rented located less than 15 mins away from CG (message me for info...great deal and view). I had to lay on my stomach across the backseat. I was in the position at all times while in the car. When we got to the condo I just wanted to rest and take my rx. I slept the entire rest if the day and nibbled on crackers. I was in pain but took the rx as needed and was totally fine. Easy peasy.

Post Op - Day 1

So the next day after surgery you have to go to GC for a follow ou appointment to be sure all is ok. The follow up doctor will see you not the surgeon. I decided to take the compression garment if to clean up before my appointment was like "WHOA that's a booty"! Pics below...

At first I was very anxious to go because I thought it would be an ordeal to get dress and head over to the office. To my surprise it was totally fine. We were seen right away.

Post Op - Day 9

Swelling has gone down a bit. Still sore in bruised areas. Like the curve in my back. I can tell my stomach will be flat once the swelling goes down. Really like the way that looks. Looking forward to working out to work on abs and thighs. Wish more of my thighs came off :(

Help...so much cellulite on my new butt

Why is there so much cellulite on my butt?
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Friendly, great bedside manner, and thorough.