More Pain Than Expected, but Worth It - Coral Gables, FL

I'm 28, 98lbs, 5'5. Deflated A or B to D. 600cc in...

I'm 28, 98lbs, 5'5. Deflated A or B to D. 600cc in each, round, smooth, high profile implants. Subpectoral. Natrelle implants.
I feel a bit disappointed by my experience.
I wanted a large C, anatomical implants.
After paying my nonrefundable charge, the day before surgery I was told they only use round implants. This is an issue to me because I'm so thin that the round edges will be more noticeable than tear drop breasts might be.
Also, I'm only guessing that I'm a D right now, but my breasts are definitely larger than I the pictures I had shown my surgeon. They're possibly a DD. Ill figure it out in a month when I go bra shopping.
I was only given 15 pain pills, maybe that works for others, but I must have a low pain tolerance. Today is day 5, and I'm still in a lot of pain. My pain comes and goes... I can't sleep at night.. I wish he had prescribed at least 30 pills to get me through my first week. When I discussed my pain with him, he refused to prescribe more. I've been taking 600 mg ibuprofen, even 2x and it's not helping at all.
So far I think he did a great job. My breasts are swollen and high, but I know that's normal.
I feel the surgeons coordinators were only about the money, not the patient.
I traveled from WY to Miami for my procedure. My coordinator recommended that i leave Friday, my surgery was Wednesday. Not a good recommendation! My surgeon was unhappy that I did not stay longer and told me the coordinators work off commission and will say anything to get you there. Wow! So the coordinators did not care about my comfort nor health and safety.

The car rides and plane ride back home were incredibly painful due to the bumps. I wish I had stayed an extra few days to heal...
I also felt very rushed in the office, just a thing being passed through. Not a person.. I also wish I was given a more in depth list of post op instructions. My surgeon forgot to tell me when and how to massage my breasts. He discussed when I can workout, lotion, healing, etc. but none of it was written and now I can't remember all the details.
Because he's in Miami and I'm in Wy I can't just go back and have him show me.. So google has been my bf, lol.
Well there's my book.
You look amazing, it just seems your experience was not how it should have been. I'm sure that going from an A/B to a DD is painful especially if yours are under the muscle. My PS gave me Valium and I had a pain pump (automatic-no buttons) and it was in for 3 full days post op. I had a lot of stiffness in the am but I found that just moving around helped a ton, also ice and sleeping in my recliner. I hope you get better so you can enjoy them!
Thank you, I'm liking them a bit more today. Today is the first day I haven't had pain. Just discomfort and heaviness :) I'm hoping this is the start of pain free days. I barely had morning boob when I woke up this morning, that was nice! My friend gave me some pain medication today, just in case. So I'm set if they decide to hurt again. My 'new girls' and I went shopping for some new sports bras. I think I wore them out, but it was nice to see the ladies in in padded outfits. Lol that's just an amazing feeling! My surgeon told me no ice :( I do make sure to do my stretches very often, that really does help. I had to YouTube how to do stretches. Now I need to find out when I can put lotion on and start to massage...

Thank you for taking the time to share you story on RealSelf. I am sorry to hear about the pain. Hoping the pain subsides a little more each day. Yes, flying back home 2 days post op seems tough. I do agree with you though, that it looks like you're going to have a very beautiful set of breasts once they drop and fluff over the next few months. Hoping the RealSelf community can get you through the rest of the healing process. Please be sure to update us!

6 days post op

I think my girls dropped ever so slightly. I feel better about them today. I can't wait for them to fully drop and look normal. They seem so huge on my small frame. But I think they're growing on me
are not ate, lol
They are gonna look so good, you ate tiny! :-)
Wow 600 cc's......cannot imagine! You handle it well for your small frame. I had 350 cc's, and I am a D cup. You might be DD. Still, once they drop, you will probably LOVE them.

Day 6

Loving them more.
Five weeks post op and it takes patience with the descent...... Hope you are pain free. It's common to hear the first four post-op days are the most challenging. You'll be even more pleased as the surgery becomes a distant memory!! Best wishes.
Sorry to hear about your pain. I'm hoping that you will feel better soon!
Honey who won't love a D I do !!!! Looking Great :)

Day 13, almost 2 weeks

Almost two weeks, or 3. I feel like I'm counting down for these markers. At these points I've read that I can at least use the elliptical or treadmill for light-mild walking. Right? I'm not sure what my surgeon would've said. With as little as he told me and how fast he rushed me out, I haven't wanted to call him. So I hope what I've read is correct.
I feel like I'm gaining 5lbs a day. I hate not working out, and am going to lose it soon. It makes me sad to have these amazing breasts, but to be losing my firm tummy, butt, and thighs.
I think I'll hit the treadmill at my 2 wk mark tomorrow.
My breasts hurt less all the time, but they do have their moments. I still can't pick up my 4 month baby without hurting myself :( morning boob still happens, but far less extreme.
I think my left breast is smaller than my right, it has been my whole life. I don't understand why both my breasts got 600cc when they were uneven sized. I hope they even out when the swelling and dropping/fluffing finishes up. You can see the difference in my breasts, size, shape, and height.
I'm very in love with my girls now.
I absolutely hate my sports bra that zips in the front, it hurts. But no other bra gives that extreme support. I still haven't decided how important the "extreme" support is.
Feeling a little down about the rest if my body and not being able to hold my baby..,
Hey girl...you look amazing. Wish my doc had suggested 600cc for me first up too...its saved you a revision...im madly saving for mine lol...I love your look...it was what I thought I was getting :(
Ps . Those strong pain killers just messed with my head and emotions...better off without them girl x
I can see why you'd be disappointed :( it doesn't seem very fair of the PS to tell you he wouldn't do shaped implants after you paid, and you had good reasons for not wanting HP round, you're really slim and you can follow the shape of the implant. You're a lot bigger than a C but maybe they will drop and fluff and not look so big on you. Shame on your PS for rushing you out too, fifteen pain pills?! He was happy for his $$ though I bet! Happy healing.

Left is not so round

Thanks gals!
I'm actually pretty happy that my surgeon went bigger than I had wanted! Didn't think I would be, but these girls are really growing on me. Im very tired of my sports bras, still can't find the perfect one. My zip fronts are uncomfortable with all the seams pressing into me, and the shoulder straps are lying on my trapezius and makes it swell.. But the support is outstanding. My other sports bras are more comfortable, but not as great support.
I can't wait to wear a lace bra.
I'm a little concerned as to why my left breast is not so round, I hope at this early it's still just my tight muscles. I suppose I'll post this question for the surgeons.
I get a lot of stinging pains during the day... And my girls get very itchy in the evening.
Otherwise I think all is going well
             you will see final results in 3 months! they are looking good!

Some bloating and weight gain are completely normal after surgery. This will subside in a few weeks so don't go too crazy at the gym. You may want to call your PS just to touch base on any other post op instructions. Thanks for your continued updates and photos...you're lookin' good!

I did read that Beth, I need to keep it in mind. I wish my surgeon was close to home so I could walk into his office with my concerns and questions

Flaky doctor

Well I am now 22 days post op. wow, that's unbelievable.
My left breast has dropped more than my right and looks pretty nice. Tho my right breast is still riding high and pretty swollen. My right breast is sore, very sensitive nipples, sometimes hurts to touch the right. Lifting is still uncomfortable, and my right arm periodically hurts.
I know it's too early to be getting all worried about capsular contracture and other conditions. But I am!
My surgeon is in Miami and I'm in WY, so I can't walk in and ask him to look at me.
I emailed him with my concerns and photos and he never responded. His secretary emailed me telling me to do the massages that he showed me in his office. But he never showed me the massages while I was in his office! She told me to stand against a wall while someone pushes my breast down. NO I'm not doing that, it hurts.
I'm so frustrated and even more disappointed in my doctor than I was. I paid for these, I deserve to have him answer me. I'm so worried and honestly scared, it's just a terrible feeling to have a doctor who doesn't care what you're going through :(
The price was right, but otherwise I do regret traveling so far for my BA.
Here's my photos, you can see the difference in my left and right.

3 wk and 5 days PO for BA

Well the swelling in my right breast has home down a little. I hope that continues.
My coordinator finally got back to me about my painful swollen breast and arm. She and my doctor don't believe it's swollen, they said its just the angle if the camera. (I sent them pictures) that was very insulting, they acted like I don't see and feel my breast everyday, to know its swollen. So they just brushed me off. They also said the pain in my arm and breast is normal and in 6 months ill feel better. Has anyone else felt pain in their arm from a BA? This worries me.
I posted my pictures and concerns in the Q&A on this site and none of the doctors had anything good to say about it. But I don't have enough money nor insurance to get it checked right now. So forced to wait it out and see if it gets better or worse.
Here's my ladies now :) I'm still in love with them and getting used to the heaviness up top. Lol
They're both not as high anymore, but still have more dropping and fluffing to do.
The other night my bandages came off in the shower. My scars look really good. It was exciting to finally see them!
Hey A2DFinally, just wondering how you are making out with your experience? Are you still finding it a challenge with not being able to talk to your surgeon after surgery? Just wondering about the experience has been as I am possibly putting my down payment with Coral Gables this month but I am a bit hesitant......
Hi, no I've had no further contact with them. They never check up on me and weren't helpful the other times I talked to them. I'd say just research the doctors there. I asked for a large C or small D and ended up being a 32 DDD, I'm very upset. No one sells that size so I have to order online. And dr. Hunsaker did not give me what I asked for. He gave me what he thought would look good on me. And that's not right. My breasts have evened out and I'm happy with how they look now. But they don't fit my 98lb frame.

These are boobs now

I asked for a large c-small d and was given a DDD! So I wear a 32ddd, which is not available where I love :( online ordering is all I can do.
But I do like how they've turned out. I just wish they were closer together for better cleavage. But dr. Handshakes told me he had to go with my natural cleavage. Is that what everyone has been told?
Hey has the pain gotten any better :/
hi, i got 600ccs too and i don't feel they are too big. you look great in a bikini! i had a wonderful experience with my BA & my doc and i'm sorry you had some issues with the distance. i hope everything worked out in the end and you are happy with your results! :)
I saw your review a couplemonths back and felt bad for you since hour surgeon didn't listen to you..and they looked so painful...bit I'm glad they have dropped and feel better for you now
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr him saker is blunt, quick, and witty. He seemed friendly enough. And I think he did a good job with my surgery. I just wish he had listened to me a bit more in what I wanted and my pain.