CoolSculpting by Zeltig in Miami, FL

On 11/22/11 (2 days ago) I had 3...

On 11/22/11 (2 days ago) I had 3 "budges" treated: 2 love handles and the abdomen. I'm at my ideal weight at 118 lbs (I'm 5'6") but couldn't get rid of the mid-body bulges with yoga, skiing, or spinning. (I'm able to lose weight fine, but it all comes off my face, and if I go below 118 lbs I look emaciated.) I went to Dr. Bowes in Miami, FL; Maylen was the provider who does all these procedures so I didn't even meet Dr. Bowes.

So far the experience was quite good: Maylen was great, there was virtually no pain, and I watched movies/TV shows they have set up in the room. It took 3 hours: 1 hr per bulge. The suction on the abdomen felt stronger than on the other areas but not too bad. The worst for me was the time right after she disconnected my abdominal suction - while the area was "defrosting" I felt moderate discomfort with a bit of nausea, but only for 5-7 min. Once that passed I was totally fine. I was surprised that the rest of the night I did my normal activities - went out to dinner, browsed at a bookstore, walked around downtown and later watched tennis on TV. I took 2 alleve alltogether that day, just in case. The next day and today I'm fully functional and feeling fine. I have negligible tenderness on my belly but it's so faint that I'm planning to go to yoga tomorrow where I'll have to be on my stomach. If this works as it should it'll be some amazing procedure!

In order to see the real results it's key not to lose or gain weight, I believe, but maintain your diet and exercise. Also, you need patience. My sense is also that I'll need 2 treatments to achieve the results I want since each time it's suppose to reduce fat cells by 20-25%. If that's the case that's fine. I know people are doing 2 treatments from other reviews.

One last thought: I searched for only Zeltig Certified doctors - I would recommend this very strongly! If you go to Zeltig website they'll show who has their machine and who, of those people, is certified. I called them and spoke to the rep about what this means and he said that a certification requires 90 days of training and that I'm better off going to certified doctors since they have more training and hence experience/knowledge.

I'll post photos in 1 month. Let's see what happens.

It's been a month and it seems as though my...

It's been a month and it seems as though my stomach area fat has diminished and possibly my sides as well. I don't want to make any premature conclusions or post photos yet but the procedure might be working!! I'm exciting to see the final outcome in another month or so. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm changing my rating to worth it as of today....

I'm changing my rating to worth it as of today. It's very clear that this procedure worked but I'm waiting for another month before I post any photos to see what the very final results will look like. But already it's clear it's worth it!
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

This rating is for Maylen who was the provider that administered my treatment. She works for Dr. Bowes.

You sound like the perfect candidate for this! Did they give you a prescription for the pain? How much did it cost?
I posted the cost above.
Re pain: There was practically no pain, except for the few minutes right after the abdominal suction was off and that was minor, so I would have been shocked if prescription-type pain killers were offered to me for this. Zero pain since the treatment and zero bruising. Some faint numbness around the stomach which seems to be going away. If someone is really worried about the pain, I suppose they can take an ibuprofen before the treatment. Hope this helps.