Cool Lipo

Cool-lipo was suggested as a means...

Cool-lipo was suggested as a means of improving a pouchy, sagging neck area. I'm in my mid-fifties and my neck was that of a 70-ish.....too much sunbathing all my life did some real damage to the elasticity.

The procedure was truly pain-free....I was given some oral meds and then had some nerve blocks in my neck.  One incision on each side of my jawline was made for the cannula used to lipo out the extra fat.  An incision under my chin was also added in order to take a small tuck. (Nothing near what a neck lift would accomplish). I had stiches put in under my chin, but nothing on the other side incisions. (Those healed fine on their own within a couple of weeks; chin stitches out , 2 weeks post.)

The worst part for me was having to wear a neck/chin strap 24/7 for 2 weeks.  Three months later, now, I'm not really that pleased with the results.  While I don't have the fatty neck, I DO have very loose skin that still sags and pooches somewhat, .even after the small tuck that was taken.

It was suggested that I have the one-session re:pair fraxel done, but at $2000 (for the neck onlyI!)  don't know if I want to continue at this point.  Would like some feedback from the doctors as to their opinion of the re:pair in respect to tightening.

Well, now it's been 10 months since my disastrous Cool-lipo procedure and as it turns out I had to go for the "big one". I had a necklift/lower face lift middle of July. It was the best thing I could have done.......wish I had just started with that. General anesthesia, so no pain and pain medicine after, which I only took for 2 days. Healing was really fast. By the end of week one I was "presentable" in public, but stayed close to home for about 2 weeks.The incisions near the front of the ears are still noticeable (if you know what you're looking for) and the chin incision noticeable if I look up, but make-up really blends it nicely. I'm still wearing my hair a little longer than I'm used to to hide the ear incisions, but they are fading quickly. It's been 3 mos. and my neck is beautiful!! Jowls are also gone and my cheeks are smooth, but not Joan Rivers hell-like!!! I'm so glad I took the plunge....I was really scared of the results, but everything is good. I also was afraid of winding up with "pixie ears"...didn't happen! The worst part was actually the expense. My bottom line was $9800 and add to that the $4500 for the worthless cool-lipo and we're talking some serious cash!! But I don't cry every morning anymore when I'm trying to dress and can't cover up the old neck. I turned 60 in May and I really think I look 50 again! Good luck to you.
I sure wish i had read your comments before i signed up for cool lipo on my neck/jowl/face. I went in with a bit of a sag in my neck and left with squishy, jello like, wrinkled skin on my neck! I look like a senior citizen in the neck. If i were you, i would find another doctor (preferably a board certified plastic surgeon) to help you. I would not pay another whopping $2,000 to this doctor to correct the problem! I do not think cool lipo should be performed on the face/neck/jowl personally!