Contour Thread Lift - Not Happy 2 Weeks Later

I'm 40 years old and had a cheek and brow contour...

I'm 40 years old and had a cheek and brow contour thread lift on 9/1/06. I am having a very long recovery period. It is now 16 days later and I have bad puckering in 3 of the 4 areas, swelling in all areas, lines show where the threading was placed (I have "stripes" on my cheeks), numbing and tingling from my forehead back to the top of my scalp. The progress is so slow I don't see these bumps going away for another month or longer (I can't see any improvement from day to day). I'm concerned this might be permanent and I may need to remove them - but I've read bad press on that too. So confused, scared and sad. If this does work out, the advertisement should state the true length of recovery - it doesn't just take a weekend for recovery!

I'm sorry to hear you all have had some problems, I work as a psychologist and have only had a Thread Lift so I can talk about any other procedures that have been thrown into the mix here. The threads are as easy to remove as they are to put in.I had my first thread lift four years ago and just had mine redone. My surgeon explained that all you do is pass a round cannula over the original, slide it along the thread and then the thread will just slide out inside the canula as it's removed. Even years later. The side effects you have mentioned were all explained to me by my surgeon and my Pickering was easy to fix at three weeks. It looked very puckered and pulled for fourteen days, then settled except one small area. Puckering is fixed by your surgeon doing massage and releasing the barb of the thread which has grabbed the skin. The comments above reflect the minority of people who are disappointed. One unhappy patient makes a lot more noise than ten happy ones! All of the problems mentioned above are easily fixed and are part of recovery for some. Monika, I'm confused as to how a thread can give you an allergic reaction as they are inert (the material is used in cardiac transplant and indeed all transplants, also hernia repairs and tying off the appendix after removal, I've not heard of anyone ever being allergic or found any literature on allergy to poly-polypropylene sutures in all of Medline or Pubmed and I did look. I'm even more confused how acupuncture could help, for pain sure, but allergies 100% no, particularly when you don't treat the cause, so I would discount allergy. Neuropathic pain is a feature of any surgical procedure and I'm sorry some of you have discomfort which is prolonged beyond normal recovery. Perhaps for some of you the problem lies with simple misfortune or ones expectations? At 75 I would have to consider the possible impact of any elective surgery on my health and the marked effects that being elderly has to healing, you may be healthier by coming to terms with the features you don't like and forgetting about any plastic surgery, even if you are a very spritely 75 year old. Overall I would recommend it to the right person, I didn't want a big operation. 45 minutes on the table and back to work (albeit looking worse for wear) three days later.
Who is the doctor that you went too? I need to find one that will remove threads. No luck yet.
Hi monge1204,
i live in Ireland. If it would suite you to see a Doctor here I will give you my surgeons email.
how convenient that you live in Ireland. Your comments about all these women make them sound that it's all in their heads and are asking for too much from their doctors. The doctors don't mind in asking us for all those hundreds of dollars. why shouldn't we expect a job well done. that's what's wrong with women supporting other women they don't. sometimes we need to support one another. For years doctors have been doing things to us and selling us on a new medical ideas. Using us as guinea pigs. Sure we want to look good. There's nothing wrong with that. But there is something very wrong in people taking advantage of you. I have been reading a lot on the subject and let me tell you that this product has been taken off the market. The FDA took it off the market about five years ago. I can't understand why you're still hearing about women having it done. This is so wrong for these doctors to continue selling the procedure. I don't think you are real patient. You could be working for plastic surgeon or surgeons. if you are truly a person that had this done, I guess you are one of the lucky ones.I would still like to find out if there's a class action suit going on.
I my gosh I make I huge mistake in South Korea I'm 34 my face was still looking good and this plastic surgeon at the grand in South Korea recommended me to do the tread face lift now 2 weeks later and have 2 bumps on both sides of my cheeks I gonna cry I feels so weird...and I'm really scared I take it out and I will look worse!? I don't know what to do??? I want to do something about it!!! I wish somebody can help me....I'm really depress and feel frustrated at the same time because I trust the doctor and didn't research about the side effects...
I am going in may the 3rd for a lifestyle lift and I am scared to death I am 75 yrs old but have puffiness uder my eyes and some fat under my neck and a little sag on one side of my cheek.I was assured that I would be most happy with my results,but after reading some of these comments I have my doubts.
I had a mini-lift in Dec 08, part of which involved suspension threads in my cheeks. Very sore & burning for months, even now (Sept 09) its still moderately sore AND I can see the sagging again! When I described the soreness to my supposedly top surgeon he behaved AS IF HE'D NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE AND SAID I MUST BE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE ! From the number of comments I've read, this symptom is patently a common experience - which is often not even accompanied by a good result ! Who can you trust ?
I had this lift done seven weeks ago. I am left with big swelling and bags under my eyes which wont budge. Face doesnt look that different. Actually I looked good before it but had a few line round the mouth which I went to have filled in. The so called top Surgeon then went over my face pointing out all the probelms he saw and told me of the thread lift which would help these areas. Paid about $5000 and think it has been a total waste of money. What bugs me most is that I was SO STUPID as to go for it. BIG REGRET. Hope your problems are resolving.
The surgeon has suggested that he could now cut away the bags. what next and then where would it all end and then what if there were further problems from this proceedure. I feel so depressed by it all
It sounds like some of the posters have allergies to the threads. The allergies can be treated by NAET. It's a method of treating allergies using accupuncture. I've had over 70 allergies treated using this method and it works. You will quickly get relief and it will be a lot faster than trying to remove those threads. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your comments. I have been thinking about getting it done for quite some time now. Reading your comments makes me realize it's not the procedure for me. It's very difficult to find the right feedback.
These things are terrible. I had them a couple of years back and yes, they aren't easy to remove. In fact when I enquired about getting them removed they told me it was too late as scar tissue would have built up around them and there was a high risk of tissue damage if they were removed! I too had pulls and pucker marks and 2 years later they are still noticeable but much improved. If I had it over again I would never have got these things. If you pull them too tight you end up looking too taught and have the puckers and marks, if not pulled tight enough there is virtually no noticeable improvement. So beware, there are much better things out there, these things are scary and should be done away with!
I had this performed 10/2005. Felt all the discomforts in the first three months as described by other writers. Had I known I would have just done a normal face lift. But now a year and a half later I have developed an allergic sensitivity to polyproplene. I am in search of a plastic surgeon to remove them but am finding this is not such an easy thing. Meanwhile my face and ears itch and burn from the inside out daily. I have had to have scar tissue removed from the area but no success yet in finding the threas themselves to remove.
I am 42 yrs old and had a contour thread lift 17 days ago. The pain, (pretty bad) lasted 10 days. I have followed all the doctors advice, and still have a little swelling under one eye. I am extremely pleased with the lift, in the way it got rid of my saggy look, gave me more cheekbones and widened my face slightly. The results are sulbtle, but well enough to truly see improvement. I had very little brusing, and worked from 9 to 7 the very next day, with people thinking I had a black eye. I have no puckering, and look 10-15 years younger.
I had mine done about maybe 6 weeks ago...the bruising, swelling, and periodic aching lasted 2 weeks. The lift was not too good, so the surgeon did some regular pullups...but carelessly cut the end of one of the threads. Now I have a big dent in my lower left jaw. He wanted to wait till the swelling went down to do anything...he said he'd massage it...but I can't see that that would help...seems it should be removed. The problem is...they say this procedure is reversable, but how can you get them out once they are in? You would have to pull to remove from the end by the mouth because of the direction of the feathery stuff...but by now, collagen has probably formed all around it. I, too, am depressed about this...I should never have gotten the threads. I don't mind scars on the sides of my face...but this is like having weedeater line under your skin. I tell people I definitely don't recommend having it done. If there is no training in removing threads, plastic surgeons should not be allowed to put them in.
I had a contour thread lift the first of May. I had my neck, chin and cheeks done. I am in pain almost all the time. A lot of pulling and stabing sensations. At times when I chew my food it pulls behind my ears. My doctor keeps telling me to wait. I have just about had it. I do not know where to go for help. It was at least 6 weeks before my bruising and swelling went down.
I had a thread lift about 18 months ago with the same results as yourself. Your comment about the weedeater line was spot on. You're correct in thinking you cant just remove them without a high risk of damaging the surrounding tissue area. I have also been depressed about these things ever since I got them, but have found a few tricks to help with the problems they pose. How is it going for you now??
I know our readers would love to hear more about your threadlift experience. To add your review and rating of the threadlift, all it requires going to our Thread lift reviews page.
I would like to add a review Tom, but have correctly filled out the survey form and registration twice now within the past few weeks. Still can't logon using my user name and password, and have not received an email verification. Is this forum open to those outside the US?
this should be entirely fixed. please let me know if you run into any challenges.
I had a necklift and I'm having same pain. It is awful. It has been over two years and I still have tightness, stabbing, pain, heat, can't wear earrings because my ears hurt so bad. I'm scheduled to have them out and he knows he can't get it all out, just the ends that he can pull out. I'm mad that I have to go through this again, can't work, have to hide in my house for a month. I'm mad Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit started?
I'm over two years "into recovery" and am still have terrific pain (neck lift). I'm scheduled for removal. Dr. says "no one doing this any longer". So why are they all over the ads? He won't be able to get it all out. Will the rest of it continue to give me pain and trouble in the future? It is trying to get through the skin! Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit?
Did you find out anything about a lawsuit?
I also had contour threads put in and have scars on the side of my face from them. I noticed no one has answered your question about a lawsuit.I'm trying to fine a class-action suit or a lawsuit or something that will help me make the manufacturers pay for my discomfort and configuration. Please anyone get back with me with some ideas or a good attorney that's working on this.