My Lap Band - Conroe, TX

Hello, I have been banded for almost 3yrs it's...

Hello,
I have been banded for almost 3yrs it's been a long hard road but worth it. I was a diabetic and weighed 400lbs, I'm am down to 280 with a loss of 120lbs. I am working on loosing more and I am looking into a panniculectomy cause of my hanging stomach it's giving me back pain and it's hard to workout and ride a bike. But I'm thankful for my progress I even had a baby since having the lab band i didn't even gain any weight matter a fact I lost 20lbs during my pregnancy. I have only had 2 fills since my lab band and now I'm going back to doctor to get a fill so I can loose about 60-80lbs...then I think I will be happier :) well that's my story I love the band I'm no longer a diabetic and so glad I'm in the 200'S lol haven't been there in over 8yrs. But looking forward to loosing more and looking and getting healthy.
Dr Richard Wilkinfield

He was good no complaints.

You look great, well done you!
Thanks so much!
Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement.

How was your recovery period, following surgery? Did you have much pain and downtime?
I went back to work 1 week later. I didn't have much pain at all, only the gas pain for the first time that was very hard to deal with but then I got used to it. Other than that it went very well.
The gas pain is something else, isn't it? What's your eating regime like now, how much to you have per portion?
Omg! Yes! Horrible! Well I don't eat breakfast very much maybe a coffee or protien shake cause I can't really get anything down in the mornings. Lunch I have maybe 1 1/2 cup of salad or chips and tuna or a soup with a few crackers then I snack on almonds and raisins to help me thru the day. Dinner is small porportion of what ever I cook like maybe a small piece of dark meat cause white meat doesn't go down well at all or a beef pattie no bread with one small side. Its a working progress still learning to eat right and I have my moments when I just eat ice cream for a meal LOL.