Tt and Lipo 11 Dpo...do I Look Awful? - Connecticut, CT

Ok this is 11 days out...i am not sure if I am...

Ok this is 11 days out...i am not sure if I am doing this right I have to go back and delete my profile pic.

I feel very big and I feel like i look awful. I am still not sure I am putting this in the right place

Hi all....I tried to post a question but it never showed. I see all these people that look so flat already at my time and I look so swollen and THICK is the only way I can describe it. I don't look or feel ANY smaller than i did before my - maybe its in my head.I look chubby is the only way I can describe- does it take some people just a longer? It doesn't seem like anyone else looks chubby in their pictures. I am 5'2" and I was about 128 and I weigh more now- which is depressing as well. Thank you

From the research that I did, it seems as though patients who opt for lipo with their tummy tuck end up swelling a lot more and it takes longer for the swelling to go away. You'll obviously have less fat than you did before, but it'll take more time for that to be evident. Hang in there. Keep making healthy food choices, and it'll all pay off.
Hey Leslie, how are you feeling? You were on a downer on your last update! Hope you're feeling a little better, maybe a little less swollen!? I went clothes shopping today and amazed myself at how straight I was stood...it's only taken 5 weeks! Omg no-one tells you it's gonna take that long - but for some of it does! We'll get there in the end though - and just in time for summertime YAY!! Best wishes Gail x
Yay! You're standing up straight. I'm feeling pretty good but really tired for some reason. Can't wait to be 5 weeks post-op because I'm sure my seroma will be healed by them. Thanks so much for asking. Have a terrific week! Hugs to you!
Kim, I think you look great. Don't be too harsh on yourself. I wish I looked that good. I don't think I do. The first few days I thought I looked good. With each day that passes, I get a little braver and take a little longer "inspecting" myself. I have a nice low scar, but my belly is so swollen that I think the only thing missing is my flabby skin from before the surgery. We have a long road of recovery ahead of us and it's hard not to want to rush things along. Hang in there and know that there are a bunch of us out here that feel the same way.
I might come off as insensitive... But my friend, you gotta chill out! :) You look fantastic. You are still early on!!! You have to shake your mental pic of yourself because if you have a habit of seeing yourself as "chubby," well then anything you do is not going to change it. And chubby is not how you look in the least! Seriously! You will weigh more bc you are swollen. You will be swollen for awhile. I am going on 8 weeks post op and sometimes by the end of the day I am COMPLETELY swollen where I feel as if I have a tiny tummy hanging out. But, in the morning I am flat. Be patient. It's a process. Good luck! xo
Dear Kim try not to worry, you are so early in your recovery! You need to allow yourself time to heal - relax and let your body work its magic! I am 30 days post op today (TT BL & BA) and am only just starting to feel comfortable - my swelling is improving but not totally gone (depending on time of day and if I sit for too long) and when I am swollen I still can't stand up straight! I am allowing myself the luxury to go with the flow of my body in the full knowledge that eventually I will look a million dollars - as will you! Please allow yourself the time you need, which will be many weeks, during which time there will be a gradual improvement- but it will be worth it! Best wishes G x
Dear LancashireLassG, It's so nice and helpful to get updates from people farther along than I am. Today is 16 days post-op for me and I'm not looking to great. Had a tummy tuck and facelift, and think I will be wearing elastic waist pants forever - I am so swollen. Best of luck to you, and again, thanks so much for the update.
Well, I don't know what you looked like pre-surgery, but I think you look fantastic! You aren't even two weeks out yet, the swelling will go down, but it takes time. A positive attitude makes a world of difference. My legs were pretty swollen at two weeks, but are back to normal now. I'm just about 4 weeks out. There are ups and downs, but nothing that can't be handled! You may think your thighs look bigger because your tummy is smaller. And you are weighing more because of the swelling. My weight is higher and I would get down when I would read about people already losing weight, but everyone is different. We all heal differently and in our own time. I just know my weight will go down. Doesn't help that I've been eating everything in sight! I'm sabotaging myself. But I'm back on track and once I can work out again, then watch out world! Good luck and keep us updated!
I feel the same way and am about the same POD as you are. Its part of the process, keep your chin up. The swelling takes a long time to go down. And by the way..I think you look fab! Don't be so hard on yourself. You look really flat and not all that swollen. :-)
I think you look Great! We all seem to be hard on ourselves. It is such a process, and patience is TOUGH! My thighs have always been big, and lots of cellulite. I workout like a crazy person, but it's just genetics. That being said, I'm almost 4 weeks, no lipo, but my weight was MORE than surgery at two weeks, and even now, I'm only down maybe a pound and a half...OH well, the surgeon told me I'd never had a really small waist due to my bone structure. Im just happy the stretch marks are gone, and trying to be realistic with my expectations. I really think you look great, and I don't think your thighs look huge at all! You're proportioned nicely, and I know there is a LOT of swelling! Your tummy and bellybutton both look nice!
Kim you do not look Hugh.. Just remember this swelling will last just a little while then one day you wake up and it's OMG I look fabulous...
Your belly looks cute so no worries. Mine changes from day to day. One day it will look pretty good the next ill have one love handle and then the next ill have two. It's a lengthy process I think:)
I think you look great for so early! When I look back at my own pics from early on, I'm like "Whose thighs are those???" They were huge and just puffy!!! There is so much swelling from the surgery and the anesthesia. It will go down, it just takes time. I'm short too... 5'3 1/2"... you WILL see your results, though. Just hang in there! Take care :)
You truly look great! BellyBye described it perfectly, I looked like a tree trunk for at least 2 weeks. I am only 5'3" and I think because of our stature (or lack of) we show it a bit more. I have always had very thin legs, even with my big baby belly. I was surprised at how my legs looked post op. It does get better. Be sure to wear your cg 24/7. I am 17 days PO and beginning to see curves. This is a long process, but it will get better.
I did the same thing...had cankles,no knees & thunder thighs....it's because the swelling seems to pull downward & sometimes settles the most in ur legs & feet...this is annoying but normal & slowly gets better....Im day 16 & still while the feet,ankles & knees have gotten better I still have swelling in my thighs but not as bad as in the beginning.....try to be patient,it's going to take a while.....good luck n ur healing!
I had the exact same thing. I was thick and looked like a tree trunk! But now, 17 days PO, I am starting to see the difference... Slowly there is a figure appearing underneath the swelling... But only in the mornings, when swelling is at its lowest. Don't worry, this is completely normal! All we have to do is be patient. Hang in there, the flat side is waiting for us at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you BellyBye. I am 16 days post op and swollen more than ever, so your post helped ease my mind. Yesterday I did quite a bit and thats probably why I'm so swollen. Cheers to the flat side!! : )
how are you doing? I'm 12 days post-op today. Looking forward to feeling and looking better in a week or so.
you look gre@@@@@@@@@@@@@@t dont worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If my results come out anything like yours, I will be beyond happy. You look great!
Your going to look great just get a really good compression garment try a faja Salome google it! It's great for shaping you after surgery! Good luck I hope this helps you!
Even if you don't feel you look smaller yet, bear in mind that you're still going to have substantial swelling for a while! Also, try not to weigh yourself for a while. That extra weight isn't fat, sweetie, it's fluid retention (which explains why you feel chunky.) I am only 1 day out and let me tell you, my boobs look huge! And my face and arms look fat, but hey, it's just fluid. I went into this expecting to be swollen and odd looking for a while :) It will settle down, same with you. Just try to take it easy, and wear your compression garment as much as you can to keep the swelling in your midsection down. It will get displaced to other spots on you, still, so don't be disheartened if you feel chunky looking for a few weeks. It will get better, hang in there :)
Hi sweetheart. I am one week post-op and weigh more now and look THICK, too. My doctor and nurse both told me to expect this before my surgery. The swelling can last a long time. You do NOT look terrible. Make sure to wear your binder all the time to help with the swelling, and drink lots of fluids. Everything is going to be fine. : )
Look at my posts, I was very thick looking the first few weeks, no curves. That quickly changed. You will get better.