Slim Lipo Lumpy Abdomen -5 Months Post Surgery - Connecticut

I had Slim Lipo on my abdomen and flanks 5 months...

I had Slim Lipo on my abdomen and flanks 5 months ago. There is an area around my umbilicus/belly button about 6 inches in diameter that is very lumpy. It also sticks out further than the rest of my stomach. It looks like large, bumpy cellulite and I'm afraid it won't go away. I need suggestions on what to do/how to improve it. My stomach did not have cellulite prior to surgery.

Also, during my surgery, my doctor said that I had a large amount of fibrous tissue in the area around my belly button-I am 5'3" and 125 pounds, so I was not large prior to surgery.

I was charged $6000 instead of my initial $4000 quote due to the amount of laser energy used. Is this normal?

9 months later and it is still just as lumpy. I...

9 months later and it is still just as lumpy. I really need suggestions/recommendations/help for surgeons in Fairfield County, Connecticut or New York City, who are skilled in this area.

My "before photos" look better than my "after". :(

If you are a surgeon who has expertise in this area and/or specializes in slim lipo/body contouring/etc... please feel free to contact me.

Dr. Robert Bottone

Wow! You wore that garment way longer than I did (I couldn't take it).
I'm at 4 months now, and most of my "hard" spots are gone.
It'll be interesting to see what other changes happen in the next 2 months.
I wore my garment for 8 weeks (2 more weeks than I was supposed to) I had the surgery Nov. 17th and it is Feb and my waist is smaller but I still have the lumpy pudge. Just hope it gets better and I didn't waste my money.

Hi Nurse11, thanks for posting an update. I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you. :(

Here's a list of board-certified NYC Slim Lipo doctors, as well as some reviews from local patients... and one Slim Lipo doc in Stamford, with reviews (if this is close to you?). Hope this helps and please let us know how you do with the revision.

Again, how long did you wear your compression garment ?
I was still a little swollen and had "hard spots" at 2 months.
I am now a little over 3 months now, and things are looking better.
I just saw my "before" and 3 month pictures...and there is a nice difference.
They say you really don't have a "finished product" until 6 months, so hang in there.
I wore the 1st compression garment religiously until the doc said it was "too loose", then bought another one for $300 and wore that every day for the entire summer, which was completely awful. So, in total, I wore a garment for 5 months hoping it would make a difference and it hasn't. The doc said I must have been non-compliant wearing it... so I am stuck with this, basically. I don't know what to do and need recommendations for a doctor who can improve the lumpiness. I saw photos of Tara Reid (?) was it? and she had a lumpy stomach that is now completely smooth. I wish I knew what she did to fix this.
I look exactly the same after 2 months. I am freaking out! Very cellulity and they keep telling me I am still swollen, that's why I still have a pudge.
That's what the doc told me. They recommended a tighter garment. I wore a garment for 5 months. I have a ton of scar tissue and lumps around my umbilicus covering an area approximately 6"x 4". I need suggestions on doctors and procedures that might improve this area because it is affecting my work, school, and personal life. Can someone point me to an excellent surgeon who would help?
I"m sorry, I know your post is old, but I have the same thing with my abdomen - lumps, bumps and it's been almost 4 months. I had pictures taken at 3 months and I definitely looked better before - at least not all lumpy, cellulite looking like my stomach looks now. I can barely sleep at night stressing over this and I am embarrassed. I researched doctors carefully and thought I picked a good one. He told me to wait until 6 months and see, but I don't think time will heal this awful looking stomach
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation. You are right- time will not heal your lumpy stomach. It has been 4 years and mine still looks the same- awful, lumpy, protuberant in that area, lots of scar tissue. I have consulted 3 other plastic surgeons who all say the same thing- the unevenness is due to fat being removed too close to the surface- too superficially- and that the only thing that *might* help is a tummy tuck. Of course, the doctor would never admit it was a technique issue and said it was "just the way I healed" which is the "get out of jail free card" for any procedure. I encourage you to take this up with your doctor and to get a 2nd and 3rd opinion with people who are NOT his colleagues or friends. Anyone else reading this I recommend you never get slim lipo with Dr. Robert Bottone in New Canaan, CT.
Thank you for replying to me. I'm sorry to hear yours has not resolved either. I have been doing research, and found that some plastic surgeons will work on it, but it will be expensive and time consuming to fix. Upwards of $10,000. I am going back to the original doctor in 3 months & see what he says. The nurse mentioned something about him maybe able to do some "feathering", not sure what that is, but then I'm in the conundrum of should I let the same doctor do more procedures to me?
Please let us know how the "feathering" works out.
I believe Tara Reid fixed her irregularities with a dc from CA. I think this is the place: Sunset Cosmetic surgery. Hope it helps.
Hi Silkonkel- what's a dc? I just looked at the site. Thank you for posting it.
Thanks for the suggestion, because I was even thinking about contacting Tara Reid (she must have a website, right?) to find out where she went to get it fixed. I actually have an appointment with my original doctor this Friday and will see what he says. Also beginning Endomerlogie treatments to see if that helps. Have heard about a "Wellbox lipomassage machine" that helps also. It costs $1500 but if it works it would be worth it so that it can be used for maintenance as well...we'll see what doctor says & keep you posted..
I meant to write Dr. I have no idea where "dc" came from :)
Please let us know if you are successful. I also have irregularities from a liposuction (done 10 years ago) and I researched a lot, and all I found was that only another lipo done with a doctor experienced with that type of problem would resolve. Or maybe a tummy tuck. That one website I posted, there are "revisions: liposuction" photos that look like he can fix irregularities pretty well.
First, at 5'3" and 125 lbs, I agree you were not "big" to begin with. Second, I'm sure the hardness and bumpiness is more evident to you than it is to us, but hopefully it will get better. Just curious...how long did you wear your compression garment? Lastly, my doctor said I had fiberous tissue, too, but I did not get charged any extra for laser "enery use." My procedure lasted about 3 hours..what about yours? Regardless, to me, all that should be averaged into their pricing structure before quoted.