23 Year Old on Her Way to a Perfect Smile :) - Connecticut, CT

So I've been wanting braces since high school but...

So I've been wanting braces since high school but have been seriously debating them for the past 2 years now. My top teeth are pretty straight minus a few little imperfections, but my bottom have some crowding (made worse by my wisdom teeth). I did a lot of research and decided to finally make an appointment to talk to an orthodontist about Invisalign. I got about 3 or 4 different opinions and finally chose the dr that I felt the most comfortable with.

In the beginning of June I went for my appointment for my impressions. This was neat as my ortho doesn't use those nasty molds anymore. He instead uses a camera that goes around and takes a whole bunch of digital pictures of my teeth to make a 3d model on the computer. That appointment only lasted about 30 minutes and I was told that it would take about 4 weeks for my trash to come in.

Well, this is my first week with Invisalign (it's been 5 days so far) and I've got to say it is an adjustment! On Tuesday i went for my appointment to receive my trays and the whole 9 yards. I also had 9 attachments put on my teeth (total surprise to me ) luckily most of them are on back teeth or the lower teeth that my lip covers anyways. I have 18 trays (about 9 months worth) without counting revisions if needed. My teeth were not sore at first (which I wasn't expecting) but after about 5-6 hours of wearing the aligners they began to ache. Taking my retainers out for the first time was a nightmare. It took me no lie a good 30 minutes to get those things out ! I thought to myself "there's got to be an easier way". Well for the next 3 days, I thought getting them out was impossible. But don't fret, after a few days it DOES get easier!! It's messy, but i pop these babies out in about 2-3 minutes now. I'm not looking forward to my next tray as I know I'll have to start this process all over again! Also SOFT foods for the next day or so after putting a new tray in, is your best friend. My teeth were so sensitive from the pressures of the aligners and my teeth moving. That fades away after a day or two and you'll be able to eat whatever you'd like.

So to wrap this first post up a bit, Invisalign is definitely a life style change but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end :)

A quick update on tray 2

Well guys I'm on day 4 of my second trays. after reading tons of reviews on here I decided it was best to change my trays before bedtime (and it was the best choice ever). I was nervous about changing trays as I was expecting it to be similar to when I first got Invisalign (ya know, uncomfortable, tough to take in and out yada yada yada) and to my surprise it wasn't anything like it. I put tray 2 in and it fit like a glove. Obviously you could feel pressure but nothing drastic. By the time I woke up the next day my mouth was feeling good and surprisingly it was just as quick to take The aligners in and out. This time I've had some sensitivity to a few of my teeth (mostly the bottom crowded ones) but hopefully it's a good thing! I'm not going to post any photos this time as you obviously can't see a change quite yet! But so far so good :)

Wahoo tray 7!

Holy cow times flies! Can't believe I'm already on tray 7/18!! I'm not going to lie I was feeling discouraged up until my last ortho appt which was a few weeks ago. I didn't really feel like I've seen any changes but now looking back at older pictures I can definitely see a change. So quick update. My trays come in and out super quick and easy now, I can take them out in a matter of seconds. I only have slight discomfort when I first start my set of aligners which thanks to everyone on here I change them at night before bed. They're still really unnoticeable which i love. I have my next appt for tray 10, which I'll get my enamel shaved down to help my teeth move. So I'll update again after that. :)