Was Scared, but Finally Got the Surgery! - Connecticut, CT

Wow! Where to start. I am sorry to all you lovely...

Wow! Where to start. I am sorry to all you lovely ladies that I didn't write reviews up until my procedure date- rather I am backtracking and writing it all now.

I am 25- pretty petite- have always had big boobs- but after I stopped playing high school and college sports- they grew to be a DD- way bigger than my body. they practically took up my whole torso. I went to visit my PS about 3 years ago- but chickened out and never ended up getting it done. However, this past year I had noticed a lump in my right breast which ended up being a benign fibroadenoma (thankgod) that needed to be taken out regardless- because it was the size of a golf ball- and that's when I revisited the thought of a breast reduction at the same time.

And here I am today! 3 days post-op- got both done at once! I am SO thrilled! Its like my stomach actually does exist again. I feel so much lighter already- like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The pain is pretty minimal so far. I did get sick- (throwing up) the day of the surgery and also this morning- but I think it's just from the medication being slightly strong- otherwise I feel great. I feel that the incisions are slightly itchy but that's what seems to be bothering me most.

Oh, and yesterday I got my drains pulled out- HOLY OUCH. That was by far the worst pain yet- and I think that's why today has been so far the most painful day- though its very much tolerable. I describe to everyone that asks by saying- "Menstrual cramps hurt worse than the pain I am experiencing."

I will try to keep updating you all if I remember! Xo Hope you all are doing great!

4 days post op!

Still doing really well! The pain is very minimal with the pain pills- however the pain pills are so strong they make me feel a little crazy. I'm so dizzy, lightheaded, and tired on them- I am hoping to switch to Advil soon! I can take my tape off in a few days which will give me better pics to update with. Right now they still pretty much look the same! I am loving it!

One more thing!

I forgot to add that I already have nipple sensation/feeling which I am THRILLED about! They tell you there's a chance you may never again! But don't lose hope ladies- it's only been 4 days for me and I have full fledged feeling- hardening and all haha.

Setback

Hi again! So everything was going so lovely until I broke out into a major rash around my boobs- with unbearable itching! I have been up since yesterday afternoon the itching is so bad. I went to my PS this morning and turns out I am allergic to the medical tape/adhesive.

My advice is to ask the PS/hospital for paper tape-esp if you have sensitive skin. This has been complete torture- it's like I don't even know I had surgery the itching is so bad. I do not have sensitive skin at all- which is why I am shocked I am having this reaction.

Another thing it may possibly be is an allergy to the sutures (dissolvable stitches)- I recommend asking for removable stitches- if I ever have to get something stitched up again I will request this, just to be on the safe side. I never want to have to go through this again. I bought Benadryl and cortisone cream but it's hardly working so far.

Other than this they are looking great and I am feeling great mobile-wise.
Pomperaug Plastic Surgery

My procedure was fully covered by insurance BTW! :)

Your boobies look great! What size did you end up being?
Thanks! I am not sure yet bc they are still swollen. I would guess they are a small C
They look good! :)
You look so good thus far!! Congratulations on getting them done!! So glad the lump was benign! If you're still taking pain medication, drink prune juice!!! =0)
Thank you! Yes us girls should be warned to buy laxatives before the surgery!
Hi, you look great! I'm so looking forward to seeing my torso again.... Who was your doc in the group? thanks!
Thanks! You are going to be so thrilled! I saw sunny waitze
Thank You!
I am 6 days post op and, like you, am amazed at the lack of pain. I am waiting for a bad day to hit, but maybe have avoided any so far bc I have Really been laying low.
I h ave my surgery on the 14th and I'm really worried about the aftermath- so you think pain isn't that bad?
That's what I was most worried about! Trust me the aftermath really isn't that bad. Just make sure you give yourself the time you need. I have to say I really haven't had pain. Like a 2 in a scale of 1-10! Good luck!

Wow you are looking amazing!   The itching gets to be a little intense but it's all worth it in the end.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us.