Looking Like a Chipmunk After Mid Face Lift and Fat Transfer - Connecticut

I am upset because almost a year ago I got a mid...

I am upset because almost a year ago I got a mid face lift and fat transfer from my stomach into my face.The wrinkles are gone but boy do I look fat with this big huge face. I am disappointed and have to go to a new surgeon next month to fix this.Any suggestions?Oh I am 53.

Hi has anyone had fat transfer with dr Stephen baker at Georgetown. I have heard only positive things about him. I considered dr Tzikas but I have heard some negative things about him.

Hi Ladies,

I had a mid lift 5 years ago which looked terrible, and it's taken me about 3 years to find someone I trust to do fat transfer. I'm going for a consult with Dr Norman Shorr in California since he was doing this long before any of the newbie docs. His site has amazing before and afters, and they also sent me other pics which I could hardly believe. Good Luck

Be careful of Dr. Tzikas. If you are unhappy with the results you'll have problems with him.
oh no...I was getting ready to book with him....for laser resurfacing and some fat grafting..never ever had fat grafting...please tell me what you know or your experience...maybe shino bay is better with sculptra
Has anyone had fat transfer with dr Thomas Tzikas in delay beach fl
I went to visit him two times..my friend who works for anther ps says that he is the absolute best....he has been doing it far longer than anyone around here his pictures are awesome
Misty, am glad that you are happy. I would like to get fat transfer with a mild face lift ,buy I do not know who to go to. I paid a huge amout to some jerk of a doc in St Louis and had no result at all. I really want something that last and I have learned not to believe everything a doc says.

Need information, I am sorry, I didn't see this until now.

It can be really hard to pick out a good plastic surgeon. There is a website called Cosmetic Surgery Friends.  There are threads in there in each of the forums that give information on how to find a good plastic surgeon.  It doesn't cost anything to join and you can communicate with others that have had the procedure you are interested in.  You might want to check it out.

There are very good surgeons out there, it just takes alot or research to find them.
I had a fat transfer 2 years ago and I am still enjoying the results. My surgeon said that the transferred fat that survives the process will be permanent. I am no expert, but keep in mind that the original fat that was in your face before the fat transfer will continue to melt away as you get older. I believe that some say the results are not long lived because they may not be thinking that it is their original fat melting away versus the transferred fat. Again, I am no expert, this is what I have been told by my PS and I believe him.
Thanks for sharing with us. Has anyone had good LONGTERM result from fat transfers? Thanks.
I had fat transfer/grafting done six years ago. The length of time (how long it lasts) varies from person to person as the fat slowly continues to reabsorb as you age. My face has still retained some of the transferred fat. I would like to do it again, for under my eyes and a little more in the nasolabial folds. At some point though, for those of us who are older,(like me at age 60), a midface lift along with the fat transfer would give the best result.
Maybe you didn't choose the right pictures, because honestly you look by far better in the post-op picture. Still i guess you can judge by yourself and really hope you can get it removed if you think it was better before. Good luck !
By looking at your pictures I honestly think you look fine... you defiantly look better in your after then your before.
but your results I defiantly nice and natural looking to me.
I agree. Your after pic looks really natural. I know when I had my fat grafting/transfer done, that my face was slightly swollen for a time. The other thing, is that my face did look different. I had a bit of difficulty adjusting to the "new me". However, after a year or so...it seemed so natural and I really liked the result. Know, too that even after th second year some fat will reabsorb and will continue to do so. Still, you look fabulous!
Sorry to hear about your results. It will be interesting to see what another surgeon says.

I had a fat transfer and facelift in November 2009. I loved the results. I just had a second fat transfer on November 11 so I am still healing from that.

I hope things work out for you.
Who did yours if you don't mind me asking?
Hi cmontgomery103   I had my facelift done by Dr. Joseph Cruise in Newport Beach.

Sorry to hear about your results. :( Here's some advice from doctors on how to remove fat transfers. I hope that helps and please keep us updated with what you decide to do.