Nervous! - Connecticut

Considering getting BR but very nervous and dont...

Considering getting BR but very nervous and dont take well to pain! I am a 38g/h and cant take the neck and back pain any longer. I gained 50lbs 2 yrs ago and doubled in my chest taking me to this size. So scared about the pain after surgery and if they will be even and nipples in exact location...trying to drop some weight so they will possibly get smaller but easier said than done. Being 42 odds are against me bc I cant exercise being im so large..HELP!!!

Hello everyone! Well my surgery is scheduled for...

Hello everyone! Well my surgery is scheduled for april 4th. I cant express how scared I am..not to mention the pain, I am second guessing myself but know I really need to have it done being I am a 36 G. hoping to go to a 36 c-d. would be very nice.
Is the pain terrible please be honest I am beside myself. just so uncomfotable the way I am so I know iI need to do something.you know what they say..if nothing changes nothing changes. So I am hoping for the best. Hope I pull through this is a big procedure.
Thanks for everyones words of encouragment.

Ok so tomorrow is my surgery date! soooo nervous....

ok so tomorrow is my surgery date! soooo nervous. First I am hoping everything turns out ok in surgery. Second I hope I'm not going to be crying in pain the whole way home.
Please wish me well all. Hope I make it out ok.
Thanks for giving me feedback your words of encouragement mean alot! I will let you all know how everything turns out. keep your fingers crossed. Oh are you able to get up and walk around or is it too painful? let me know thanks

Hello everyone! Well it was definately worth it.I...

Hello everyone! Well it was definately worth it.I had surgery on April 4th. and never looked back. I thought it was going to be very painful and I have to say the same day I was up all day had visitors and you never knew I had surgery. ZERO pain really.
4 days later I had some discomfort bc I could feel the stitches tightening but even now almost 2 weeks later I am feeling great and looking soo much better. I will post pics to show before n after. keep you posted
Dr Goldenberg Ct.

Hi ebg, Glad to see that you came through o.k. I know how concerned you were about the potential for pain. I had my BR done this past November, and am so glad that, at 56, I took this step. Very best to you.
Hi petite, how long did it take for the stri strips to fall off?
its 2 wks now n im anxious to have them off.
Hi ebg! The NP at the office removed the steri strips as I was too chicken to do this.It was probably at about two weeks though. I would think that showering would help the process along. Are you pleased with your results? I was still swollen and bruised at two weeks, and it took about a month before I could tell what would be. Take care not to lift anything heavy and best to you.
Be Brave! Really the worry was far more than the pain. When I woke up I felt like my stitches was on fire HOWEVER, the meds kicked in and took that way. Since then the worst part for me has been the itching. That part does not hurt it is just annoying. Use ice packs. They will help with swelling and the itching and just make life good. I have not had a baby but I have herd that the swelling feelings like being engorged while nurseing. The pain is the least of the surgery!!!!

You can do this.  Child birth is far worse!!!   The results you will end up with with make you over the top happy.  Go for it and keep your chin up.

Honestly I had more discomfort that I did actual pain.

Child birth is worse pain than BR..this is nothing compared to that!
What other surgery has a 92% worth it rating?? That is a lot of ladies satisfied with this surgery. Pain is different for everybody. It wasn't bad for me, it was more of a soreness. I once had a staph infection that was much more painful than my BR. If it was a totally awful kind of pain, I doubt the worth it rating would be so high here. I would do it one hundred times over again to get me to the place I am now. I am happy.. My nipples are so cute now. My surgeon did make them smaller to match my new breasts. If I really concentrate on how even they are, of course, I can see a difference between them, but no one else knows they are not exactly proportionate to one another. Even God doesn't make us perfectly symmetrical so we should not expect a surgeon to. Is there pain, yes. Is it bad enough to consider NOT doing the surgery, a big fat NO. Are my nipples even, close enough for me. Are they in the right location, of course, I don't think any surgeon, especially a man, wouldn't know where a woman's nipples are suppose to be. Lol. Go for it.... You will be soooooo glad you did..... :)
I'm glad your doing well! Yeah every time I get up to use the br to pee cause I'm drinking so much water I feel the pain.
I got my surgery yesterday and I'm doing great. A little bit of pain but more like annoying pain. I don't have draining tubes. But you should get it.I am already happy!
Dear gtinaa, I am now six days post-op, and just came from my surgeon. All is well, and I am getting more relaxed re the swelling and my fears of, "what if they stay like this". I am glad that you are o.k. after surgery; I was zonked the next day. Had awful constipation from the anesthesia and not drinking water, so stay hydrated. I am so grateful to have come through this, when you think about all that can go wrong. Glad for us all; let's get on with our lives!
Hi gtinaa, Im new to the group and saw that you had your surgery 2 days ago, I'm glad to hear that your pain is minimal. I hope it continues to be an easy recovery. keep us posted on how you are doing. congratulations!
Thank you, even with the wound separation I do not regret it for one minute. It is more of a feeling of being sore than pain. You really shouldn't be scared of the pain I only took pain meds for the first three days and that was only so I wouldn't have any pain not because I was actually in pain. The drains were a bit annoying I had them for almost two weeks. The left drain did not want to cooperate so it stayed in a bit longer than the right...the worst part will be going back to work I am getting used to not working and sleeping in
Glad to hear your healing well! Do you regret doing it with the separation and all? I am sure it is painful....good luck and glad to hear you lost 10lbs thats great!
I just went to my dr yesterday she said my wounds are healing as they are supposed to be, I had wound separation in both breasts under the fold. I was debating before surgery between a D and a C cup decided on a D with the hopes when I lose weight I will maybe go down in cup size also. Right after surgery I dropped 10 lbs I am currently a DD-DDD I'm hoping there is still a more swelling and I will go down a bit more. Oh I also had the vertical scar reduction removing 1000 g from the right and 750 from the left
Ty soo much for your words of encouragement! I am being pushed now by having to change Ins companies and think I should just do it! So scares of the pain.
Stop considering and do it!! I am 5 weeks post op 37 years old and was a 38H. I was shocked when I woke up in recovery the only pain I felt was a burning in my throat from the breathing tube. I am having some minor complications in wound healing but would do it all over again. I had years of back and neck pain, arthritis bone spurs and nerve damage and I haven't taken a pain pill for my back since before surgery. I too am overweight as I had a difficult time with exercise my ps told me often her patients drop weight after due to how good they feel, she was right I am waiting her clearance to start exercise I want the rest of my body to match how great my new boobs look!
Alysmom how are you making out? what size did you go dwn too? keep me posted thanx
Dear ebg, am 3 days post-op and haven't needed so much as a Tylenol. I am 56 yrs old and am 5' tall and had thought about BR for a long time. My drains came out today, which really helps with mobility. Still bruised and swollen, but know that I am so glad to have taken this step.
Go for it! My surgery is in 2 days and I am nervous but I know in the end I will be so happy! We are here to support you
Ty gtinaa plese let me know how things go! Good luck!

Welcome to RealSelf!

You know I was never able to drop the weight before my reduction.  I was so big and bouncy and it hurt.   Honestly getting this done made me feel so much better.  Which then really motivated me to drop my weight.

Please don't let the pain scare you away from this.  That is temporary and this procedure will give you so much relief.  Start by meeting with 3-4 surgeons and doing your research.  Once you start that process you will feel better about this.  You need to be mentally ready and only you can make this personal decision.

All I can do is assure you that you will feel better and be happy in the end.  I tell you it's a really good feeling not having them on the waist and in the lap.  There is also something to be said for having the nipples both facing forward and not at the floor:)

We are here for you!

Hi there Kimmers! I am petite at last-having undergone BR 4 days ago. I just wanted to say how very helpful your postings have been in my decision to take this very big step. I am 56 and 5' and understand the self esteem issues-not to mention the physical limitations- inherent in having disproportionately large breasts. I am still swollen and bruised, but needed no pain meds, and am quite amazed at my recovery time in light of all that can go wrong. RealSelf is a wonderful service, and many thanks again for your positive support.
Ty kimmers. I know I over analyze everything. will keep you posted.

Petite thank you for the nice feedback:)  I am happy you are here with us and love being a support for all of you wonderful ladies.

I am glad to hear you are doing so well post op and look forward to following your journey.  Keep us up to date on your healing process.

ebg you are ok girlie:)