47 Years Old, 2 Kids (27 & 20)! Finally, Going for It!! Mommy Makeover - Concord, CA

My surgery is scheduled for May 7, 2014 at 7.30 am...

My surgery is scheduled for May 7, 2014 at 7.30 am. My husband has yet to come to terms with my decision to have a TT, BA & lipo. Although my daughter is on board and extremely supportive. Im 5.3, 125 - 130 lbs and it's been hell trying to maintain my weight around 115 - 120. I'm an avid exerciser, but cannot do anything about the 2 & 3rd stomach rolls. OMG, it's so disgusting.
Finally it dawned on me that I'm 47 now and for the rolls to go away I'll have to look into medical intervention! I've had mommy makeovers in the back of my mind after seeing KRON's Heath & Beauty segments on TV. But in my heart I knew I wasn't ready yet because I was able to manage my weight and was happy with how I looked. Once I knew this was the route now and after doing countless hours of research here I am, 1week away from pre op and 3 weeks alway from MM. I'm nervous, excited, worried my post op would be too much for husband and daughter but we shall see.

I thank this forum for connecting me with you all going through the same. I haven't shared my story with my family as I know they will not understand my reasons. So, this is great and I'm very thankful.

I wish & pray for all you ladies out there pre & post op, lots of luck, strength and happy healing.

Take care,
Millie's Mom

Post op day 2!

Wow... Ladies PO is no joke. I did fine until yesterday afternoon when the swelling kicked in. And the key is to remain on top of your meds. Getting in and out of bed is an event. Once I'm up I'm ok though. I ran a lite fever last night 100.9 and I'll see how things go today.
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hey mamas how are you feeling??? Almost 1 month post op!! Hope your recovery has been going smooth!
Hi Shao. I'm feeling better, thank you for asking. Tummys pretty swollen but I'm hanging in there. It's day 10. However, I envy our RS ladies who don't have a appetite post op. I am so hungry and crave spicy foods. Weird... I know. I have my 2nd post op on Monday and will pick his brains. Take care.
Hey hey hey! How was your post-op? I hope your doing well!
Hi Millie! Hope you are feeling better today! It will get better! Try coconut water too it helps replenish and has a little umph to it. Can't wait to see your results! Hi reeree hope you both are having an amazing weekend! The weather has cooled a bit so hopefully it is making for everyone's recovery to be more comfy. Enjoy the weekend!!
Congrats on making to the flat side. I agree with Shao lots of water and walk as often as you can during the day. The swelling will pass in time. A low sodium and protein and soluble fiber rich diet is your friend. Hang in there and continued good healing to you.
try to drink lots and lots of water, it definitely helps, stay away from tomatoes they promote scar tissue and beef causes the body to work harder to break it down. Fish and chicken with super greens is the way to go and soups. hope you are feeling better! stay on top of your meds!
Hoping your surgery went well and your hubby has been supportive with your decisions. Hugs
How are you feeling? Your day is almost here =)
i'm excited for you!!!! we'll be recovery buddies.
I'm excited for you! Thanks so much for starting your story on RealSelf. We are definitely here for you.
Hey! Congrats on your upcoming TT! Dr M did my TT on March 17th and my BA back in 2012. I can tell you, you are in the best hands! Dr M and Sarah are so wonderful. I was in the same boat as you with my husband. He was supportive, but really would rather I didnt, really he was scared. I get it, I was scared to! Lol! Anyways, good luck with your journey & if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
Hi Alidoshus! OMG, I'm so glad we've connected and thank god for this forum. I'm nervous, anxious, excited and obsessed. Thank you for the feedback. Any advice? How did everything go for you and how are you doing?
Yeah for you to take this step! I am 7 weeks post TT w/muscle repair, BA/BL, and am feeling better everyday! I understand those problem areas as that is exactly why i took my pkunge too! Excited for your journey!
Congrats on your decision! I'm right there with ya! I'm scheduled in 2 weeks (4/30) TT, BL w/implants. Trying to get everything set for the big day, this site has been wonderful with ideas and suggestions. :-)
I'm excited for you...good luck on your journey! My surgery is in one week, April 22nd. TT & BL w/implants. I'm full of emotions, but mostly just excited. Again, good luck and just stay positive! :)
Oh, you're just around the corner!!! I can understand the emotions aspect, as I'm right there with you. Are you done with your post op shopping?
I think I'm almost done. I'll go back over everyone's suggestions and finish up this weekend. I can't believe I'm less than a week away...it came so fast! RS has been so helpful. The support is awesome, seeing other peoples results, and especially knowing my emotions and experiences are normal.
Good morning MtnSmile. If I recall correctly you're 3-4 days post op? How are you doing? Sending you happy healings...
5 days post op. Just posted an update. I'm feeling pretty good and practicing patience! I could do without all the swelling. Lol
Congratulations on your decision. Best of luck to you in this journey. Welcome to RS. The woman here are a great support. I'm 42, 31 days post op- TT, 3 hernias repaired, lipo, BL w/ implants. You will do great, I'm sure.
Hi GettingitBack. 31 days po. That's awesome. Any do's and dont's?
Yes, Do have someone with you the first 2 weeks at least, especially the 1st week. You'll need someone to help hold your head as you lay into bed, as well as to help lift you forward to sit & get up. (Some RS ladies have rented an electric chair to sleep in which helped them be independent). Do stay on top of all your medications. Allow yourself to go through the 1st days without the major pain. Do take supplements that help w/ swelling; Arnica, Bromelain... Don't use your arms or tummy muscles. You want your sutures to heal the best they can. Keep me posted & ask if u think of anything =)
Go girl....I just had my MM last April 1 2014, TT, BA and lipo on my flanks, on my two weeks now and able to went back to work last Sunday. Everything healed fast and before I forget I'm turning 47 on september , was 114 lbs. 5'2. I went from 32 C to 32 D which gave me fuller breast. Good luck on your procedure....