Sagging Face - Commack, NY

On Dec 2011 I had a facial liposuction with...

On Dec 2011 I had a facial liposuction with plastic surgeon Theodore Diktaban. 6 months later I realized I looked exactly the same. I, along with the Dr. Diktaban decided to do more liposuction. 8 months after the initial procedure I had the “touch up.” I had to pay additional monies as Dr. Diktaban expressed I had to pay for supplies and room preparation. The day following the surgery I was incredibly swollen, mainly on the left side of my face including my lips. I had no Idea why the left side of my lips was so swollen and when I had my first follow up and I asked Dr. Diktaban about my lips He said he “had no idea why my lips were this way.”
As I healed I noticed my lip was slanted and the Dr. said he didn’t know why. To make matters worse I caught an infection and my face ballooned. As I healed yet again, I noticed my face was not straight. My left side was still substantially swollen and slanted from under my eyes to my chin. Dr. Diktaban didn’t tell me what was going on until about 5 months after the procedure when he told that what I had was not swelling but scar tissue which would take some time to subside.
The scar tissue took forever to go away but when it did, the picture was not pretty. My left side remained sagging from where my ckeek bone is supposed to be. As I see it a lot of essential tissue was removed and left the skin to stand alone. During my last visit with the surgeon he took “after pictures” and declined to discuss them me citing he had no time to do so.
I questioned the surgeon about the results of my procedure and Dr. Diktaban told me I needed to “learn how to live with it.” Dr. Diktaban told me that at least I was alive. He also said he could inject me some fillers and if I liked it then he can suction fat from another part of my body. Such would cost me more money and Dr. Diktaban offered me a $200 discount. He also offered to suction my face even more and this too would require I come up with more cash. I picked Dr. Diktaban because of his 32+ years of experience.
I wanted to be reimbursed so I filed a legal suit in a small claims court. Dr. Diktaban’s attorney indicated that they would not settle the case. I learned I might not be refunded as I would have to present an expert witness in court in order to prove that something went wrong. Such expert testimony would cost me $5000+. Thanks to this Dr. I am still going around with a sagging left side including a crooked lip, and $4000 short.
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

Careless & Irresponsible

Thanks Maggie, Right now I don't have the mental, financial or emotional ability to do anything.
The last photo to the right is the latest one.
I had a similar experience with acculift (which is a type of lipo for the face), the doctor overcorrected in the under eye/cheek area and in the right side on my jaw. Lipo on the face seems very tricky. So I had juvederm in the cheeks and Sculptra in the jaw area and it's been a vast improvement. It's a drag to spend more money, but you can look better with correction surgery. I feel that now I finally have the look I was trying to achieve and no longer regret the procedure. You need to find someone that is a great injector and has a great reputation. The lady that did my injections is a PA and she's better at fillers than any of the PS's I've used for that before.
So sorry to hear about your story. Is the 2nd photo (8 months after) the latest one?
I have not seen other doctors.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the results you were looking for. Have you seen any other doctors, for a second opinion or to find out if you can have any revision?