So Far, So Good - Columbus, OH

I was in a car accident many years ago where I...

I was in a car accident many years ago where I broke my nose in two places. Since then, I have wanted to "fix" the bump on my nose and be able to breathe better. I workout quite a bit, and I am hoping this procedure will make it easier to breathe while exercising. It took me 20 years to get enough courage to get this done. I had all the normal fears I have seen in everyone else's reviews. I was more afraid that I wouldn't like the outcome, more than the pain.

My surgery was yesterday, and everything went well. I ended up getting a small chin implant too. I got there at 8 am, but they didn't start the surgery until 9. I was in recovery for 2 hours, and i was home be 1:30 pm. I took a pain pill before I left the surgical center, and promptly fell asleep as soon as I got home. I had some pain yesterday, but the pain pill helped quickly. I haven't taken a pain pill today. I probably will take one more later on to help me sleep. My chin is definitely more painful than my nose. My chin is really itchy too, which is making me nervous that it might be infected. Hope not!

From what I can see, I am very happy with my result. I will try to post some before and after pictures. My white splint fell off last night after the procedure. Has anyone had this happen to them. My husband called today, and they said it should be alright without it. They said if we wet it in warm water, it can be put back on, but I am nervous I won't put it in the right spot. Do you think I should try to put it back on? I just have brown tape on my nose now, so I can really see what it looks like. It appears to be small and straight. I don't have bandages on my chin, so I can see that it looks good too :)

More swelling and some bruising on day 2 post-op

My chin is not as itchy today, but now I have a slight burning sensation from inside my nose and around my chin incision. Overall, I have not been in too much pain. I haven't taken a pain pill today yet. Here are some before and after pictures.
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community. If you have any future questions feel free to contact me or the office. I truly appreciate you taking time to write a review.

Oooh, nice result! Did you try putting the cast back on? Just be careful not to bump your nose. Please keep us updated as you continue to heal. :)

You look great! Don't be afraid to call your doc as many times as you need to put your mind at ease! While I think what your feeling is normal this is a scary process and we should all remember that THEY work for us! I'll be watching your journey as you heal and discover that gorgeous new nose. Congrats!
Thank you! I have talked to my Dr. and feel a little better about everything :)
gorgeous! omggggg!! take it easy, you did great!
Thank you! It has swelled up now and doesn't look as good, but at least I know it's just swelling.