not worth it

I am really beginning to question and wonder about...

I am really beginning to question and wonder about Dermatologists. Why is it that 99% of derms out there tell you that Retin A can't harm or damage the skin? Why do they insist that that it ONLY makes skin beautiful as long as you "keep at it!"? Before trying Retin A I read all the reviews. I also read a few horror stories and like everyone else, I assumed, well they must have just not applied it properly. Wrong.
I applied Retin A very, very carefully. I followed directions to a T. I'm now thinking the mistakes I made were to use a clarisonic and vitamin C ( not in conjunction but the day after) while also using Retin A. Perhaps I would still be having the issues I have had even without these things, but I do think these exacerbated the problem. I'd like to add that I was told it was perfectly safe to use both wihile on Retin A. Again.. wrong.

Let me tell you what Retin A does to the skin. It thins it. It thins the epidermis and damages the skin barrier. I don't care what any doctor out there says, this is what it does. How do I know this? Well, I used retin A for approx 3/4 nights ( every other night) and this is what it did to my skin in that very short time..

~Spider veins along nose
~dark circles
~extremely sensitized skin that turns red very easily, even know 3 weeks after being off of it
~greasy, oily skin. VERY oily
~fine lines increased
~deep wrinkles appeared from NOWHERE
~horrible, awful huge pores ALL OVER MY FACE
~red all around my nose
~splotchy skin
~shiny skin

Thanks Retin A. Retin A dehydrates the skin, damages the barrier and thins the epidermis, all of which are very difficult to treat and take months to resolve. If not years. For some people, this is never remedied.

I am lucky that I stopped using it as soon as I saw the large pores. I knew something was amiss and I was not taking any chances. It's been three weeks and with careful care of my skin there is vast improvement. But if you don't treat it properly and promptly, you will be regretting using retin a for the rest of your life. Please be cautious. If you have a bad reaction such as mine, leave a comment and I will tell you how to fix the problem. And stop the retin a immediately.. it will only get worse and harder to fix.

How to fix the problem Retin A creates.

Hello everyone who is having skin troubles after using Retin A.

This is how you help restore your skin. You need to repair your skin barrier and hydrate the skin. This is the exact routine I follow.. and I follow it until my skin is all healed and then to be safe I will continue on for another month. First things first.. NO acids, no exfoliation, no scrubbing. Be gentle with your skin. As gentle as possible. Spot treat acne.

1. Wash skin with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser. ( this cleanser is awesome.
2. Apply small to medium amount of cold emu oil to the skin.. ( I keep my emu oil in the fridge. It will turn into a cream and then melt into your hands. I buy my emu oil from the Montana Ranch. It is very important that your emu oil is purified and pure.)
3. Immediately after applying the emu oil, while skin is still moist from the oil, apply barrier repair cream from cellceuticals.
4. About twenty minutes later apply zinc sunscreen from skinceuticals. Zinc is very healing to the skin.

That is ALL I do. Nothing else. This will heal your skin barrier but it takes time. It will also hydrate your skin. Your skin should not break out from this routine. Your t-zone may be affected if you over apply these things so apply them sparingly to these areas. I also spot treat my nose to prevent black heads. I will wash with a BP wash or apply proactive BP cream on it. But only to my nose. The emu oil has actually stopped me from breaking out on my face completely.

Do NOT wash with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser, wash with raw honey!

Do NOT wash with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser, wash with raw honey! Put raw honey on your face, leave on for a few minutes and rinse off. That is all you need to do. Twice a day. My pores are 90% gone now using this method.

My pores are GONE. gone. gone gone.

I stopped everything and ONLY washed by face with raw, local honey- organically harvested and then put on emu oil. Nothing else- not even make up or sunscreen. It's been a few days of that- just a few and my skin completely healed. It's dry but there are no pores, I can *barely* barely see the broken caps- very light, the 11's are totally gone. My skin is healed. It's healed. I am SO happy! photos to come.

Great new, honey is such a wonderful thing! Has so many uses. I look forward to you photo update.
I feel everyone's pain who in their quest of making their skin better..only ends up making it worse..I used to be told my whole life I had great clear skin..but sometimes I get sucked into marketing and advertising and purchase a product thinking it will be the holy grail of skin care and make my skin flawless.. Wish I never diverted from my usual skin care products I have been using over the years including the trusted rosehip oil. Worst thing I started doing this year is exfoliating..I'm 33 and before this I never exfoliated ..and now I wish I never tried..I only use natural products but even with these they can cause lasting damage..especially with large granuls ..anything with granuls will irritate your skin..sensitive skin ppl more than non sensitive skin..but I still think it would injure all skin types...All it has done is completely irritate and thin my skin..I get red blotches everywhere and veins popping out and was told my a dermatologist I had completely stripped my skin barrier...and I only exfoliated for a few weeks..twice a week!... After a few months of staying away and using essential fatty acids serums like rosehip and mun serum my skin had come bk to being normal..but then what did I do last night?...tried a new mask not realizing when I brought it initially it had granuls in it..thought maybe this time would be different..and seeing as i had a break from when i last used it...woahhh was i wrong...so when I washed it off..it scrapped my skin again...this morning I wake up..red spots all over my face..:(..skin barrier is impaired again...Sighs.. I have noticed ever since I have used them I have more pigmentation and little red marks on my face..prob because I weakened the barrier so much..that even though I wear sunscreen everyday I still couldnt fight of some sun damage...(would hate to think if I didn't wear sun screen) So if there is anything I recommend is for all women to stay away from all exfoliaters /masks with granuls in it..it will strip the moisture barrier of your skin and impair it..causing a ripple effect of damage. I now use Elizabeth den vit b cleansing oil every day with papya which Mildly exfoliates ..with zero granuls..just pure moisture..and leaves my skin dewy and soft and no flakiness..while nurturing and not damaging my skin...is seriously the best cleanser I have ever used and believe one day it will have a massive cult following..plus all natural and no nasties .I also recommend mun brightening serum which has only 3 pure amazing healing oils..not filled with loads of unneccasry ingrediants that irritate ur skin..it includes argan oil and prickley pear..which has transformed my skin.. I think we over complicate things for ourselves as women which end up having the opposite effect sometimes..somtimes we only need a small amount of tried and trusted products ..once you find something that works..stick with it!!.....its sometimes when we venture out we ended up wishing we hadnt it..but in saying that sometimes if you are struggeling with the products you have currently been using..you need to take a leap of faith to find the ones you can rely on and settle with... have faith you can resolve ur skin issues because skin has amazing regenerating powers!..what I highly recommend which you will never regret is : Elizabeth den vit b cleansing oil Mun brightening serum Rosehip oil Good mineral facesunscreen Lots of fresh carrot juice everyday which builds up natural vit a in your skin..is much better getting it naturally internally than synthetically topically which harms and thins skins..carrot juice internally along with green tea, cocoa powder (I can't live without having my %100 hot cocoa every morning..I have it with a splash of almond milk)..broccoli..these all protect your skin from the sun as they build up an internal SPF in your skin :)..and repair skin cells and reverse wrinkles.. Drink lots of filtered water to..but trust me on those products..you won't need anything else and will be amazed at how they can transform your skin.. Even though I made the mistake again with a scrub..(never again will I use a scrub in my life!..we live and learn hey..trial and error :p..can take a few times..but hey we are human..so be kind to yourself!!...as one thing I have learned from reading all these posts that brings me comfort..is we are not alone:) Stay away from any scrubs or peels or anything harsh!..can't stress that enough..we need to heal and nurture our skin..not keep attacking it..All about repairing nurturing and moisture! Good skin healing energy coming your way!
I suffered from Orange peel texture issues from 0.05. I stopped in the end. I stopped exfoliation and everything for 4 months. now I'm on re tin a 0.1 @ my skin is clearly getting better my husband even noticed. the formula o.05 made my skin nasty. but for some odd reason 0.1 is working. the Orange peel texture is gone. My acne is clearing. I only wash my face with neutrogena cleansing oil face wash. I love it. day time I use spf 50 loreal sunscreen with antioxidants. I don't get peels anymore. I don't use anything no exfoliation at all. My skin is getting better. hope this might help . ps use only a small pea amount on face of the retin a. the oil from the face wash helps eliminate the drying effects
I had a few chemical peels done and it made things worst. I'm sick of my skin
yea that happened to me to. stop the peels asap. do nothing but moisture and sunscreen fir a few months. then try retin a . I'm not a doctor so I'm not trying to tell you what to do. but this helped me and now I'm able to tolerate 0.1 re tin a and I really thought I never would again after my past experience.
Honestly I feel like I've done too much to my face to ever try fixing it. I had two peels done and laser. I now have laser and retin a damage . I'm just so sick of life. There's no undo button once it's done is done . I've been miserable for 7 years and this past year after getting laser has made things even worst. I'm so sick of life and I'm glad you found a solution for you. I'm just so lost. These derms have ruined me. Wish I never went to one. Been living a depressing life and it's hard to move forward. I'm just so down
Easy fix. Exfoliation and microdermabrasion.
I feel like I've done the two of exfoliation and derm abrasion and nothing helped but make it worst. I don't know how many treatments you've done and what not but feel like it didn't work out too well for me. May I ask how old are you and what not?
I have been using Issho Genki Squalene capsules on my skin for the past 7 days. I don't know if it's a coincidence but everyone has been telling me I have glowing skin, plus I heard it really helps to heal, and plump up wrinkles and fill out skin. Well that was a study with Cod Liver oil, but this is the same thing only without the rancid smell. It doesn't smell of anything and the product goes through a strict process in Japan, and can be trusted. Because of this, it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it. I had laser damage btw, so have been trying a few things. I even tried retinol cream a few times but will stop tonight after reading this.
Gracey are you using capsules on your skin by breaking them open? Are these capsules usually meant for taking orally? Is there something other than fish oil in them? I read it was from the clean waters of Japan. The only thing that concerns me is that since the nuclear melt down the ocean surrounding Japan is floating with nuclear waste. Not sure how long that will be for because some recent items washed up in Hawaii and they tested positive for radio activity. Not really sure?
Oh gosh I didn't think of that. Well I know that the Issho Genki Squalene is supposed to be the worlds most trusted brand. And I also seem to remember my friend who introduced me to it saying they get it from somewhere like New Zealand, then it is shipped to Japan for the strict packaging process they have there which is why it's so expensive. Maybe you can research on the company a bit more. Yes I break the capsules open and put them directly on my face. I know of a couple of other people that are doing the same thing by putting this directly on their face with very good results too, they also just started. The capsules are 100% pure Squalene. I know the fish come from the deepest part of the water too, so contamination is less likely. It's supposed to help heal damaged cells which is why, as well as swallowing the capsules, this is used directly on skin cancer. So it must have some powerful healing qualities. Plus it's natural which is why I like this option. Just think how shiny the sharks skin is haha. That's a joke. But yes I have been getting compliments last few days about glowing skin, so i'm hoping it will help heal me completely. I also read on another website that putting fish oil on your face can encourage fat cells to plump up and fill out our face and wrinkles. That one i'm not sure of, but again it's worth a go.
Well the shark remark is close. Being that it is shark week on tv they have stated that sharks seem to have some kind of resistance to cancer. They testing that currently in the field of science. So who knows maybe they are on to something. Some you apply it to your skin and take it too? I would like to try that since IPL has changed the curves of cheekbones and jaw line plus gave me deep lines along the checks. It has been three years but my skin look three times older than that and it all happened in two weeks. So medically criminal. Thanks for your input.
Oh i'm sorry about the IPL. I used the IPL too 3 times only two weeks apart as I was on holiday for 6 weeks (way to close) and too high a temperature, and the same happened to me. I have a question. Did all the damage that happened to your skin happen in just two weeks? Or did it get worse over time, and the majority happen in two weeks? For me I had so much fat loss that I look too thin now, and I have red veins showing all over my face, and little ice pick holes.. The problem is that when something traumatic happens, if we allow it to worry us too much, then the stress just makes it worse. Honestly if we believe something long enough we will become it, I really believe that. Have you been able to accept what happened already and believe that things will get better? I honestly believe for us that they will. I spoke to a lady that had laser damage and her skin got better only after 5 years.. but she ate a very healthy diet and used natural products on her face. I know it's easy for me to say things will get better, as I still worry about it too still but I try not too obsess anymore. I choose to believe it will heal. Our bodies are amazingly made.. I think this Issho Genki Squalene is a very good option to try, if you get it we can try together haha.. and please let me know if it's working for you too! To answer your question I take it as well as applying to my skin, but I forget to take it sometimes, I really must remember. Also take plenty of Vitamin C if you can. I also like the idea of raw Manuka honey as it has healing qualities too.
Hi ... I used retin a for three weeks and stopped it since all the pores of my skin especially my legs turned to red color and are very apparent to the eyes. Now it's ten years and I still have this case . Any solutions plz ? Is the sun good for my case ?
Hi, my dernatologist prescribed me retin A a few months ago and told me to use it only when i had a breakout as a spot treatment. i used it for the first time last night and was wondering if you knew if there any side effects of only a one time use?
Some people get immediate reaction. I personally used it for a couple of weeks and it caused damage and it has been it is almost a year. I stay away from it. Read about howcEurope banned it
Thanx that great advice except i wont stop using daily sunscreen since the barrier Gets damaged your skin would be too sensetive to the Sun.. I am glad you are getting great results. I use a spf 70broad spectrum daily. Sun is one of the worst things.
I went ahead and went to the derm(had gotten my retin a 0.1% from alldaychemist) she prescribed me finacea nd only after a few days of applying tht my skin looked a thousand times better. She also prescribed hq 4% but I haven't gotten it filled yet. Ra had my skin looking so hideous I finally feel normal nd pretty again
Just be aware of all side effects. Also FYI HQ is now banned in Europe read about why and make your own judgement. For sure no sun not even a little need to use a total block. Just have learned the hard way doctors don't always know everything about the meds they write but your pharmacy usually can give you that
I just don't know what to do anymore. My skin in some areas looks better but others looks worst. I'm just about given up. I'm always going to look like a ghoul now. The tca and laser helped out a bit, but now I have some laser marks. I feel like treating it is just making it worst. :/. What would you suggest doing? I'm going to see my plastic surgeon/dermatologist tomorrow but this is ridiculous. Wish I never went to the derm in the first place. I'm literally depressed as hell. Everyone is telling me it isn't bad. They're not the ones living in my shoes from day to day
Considering switching derms if thts an option. But c if they can prescribe u the finacea gel. Nd ask if they hav free samples available in the office. I dnt hv insurance so my derm gave me abt 5 free samples nd told me to call nd get more when I run out. It's rlly working so well to even my skin back out nd fixing wht the ra did. It has a ton of great reviews. So many ppl report better looking skin after only a few uses. I love this stuff. I ws rlly depressed as well. But Ik I'm gonna b so happy after using this for 3 months...my skin will prob b better thn it ever has been. I'm gonna go fill the hq nd keflex prescription she gave me as well. Gd luck Hun
Hey sididdy did you do any peels or co2 laser? Because I've done that and a lot of that shiny look is gone but I still have these big pores or cysts. Or if anyone else knows please let me know. It's these stupid bumps I'm trying to treat the most
Sorry I fell asleep and didn't see your message. I use Elta MD from my derm dr office. At Ulta they may have others I use turbo booster Vit C by Philosophy which is a powder. Nothing happens overnight it takes time. Good luck :)
So you would recommend the powder at least? Seems like there are a few remedies. Should I do the honey? Zinc oxide? Or finacea first? I want to start something soon but wanted to know what you guys recommend first. Please let me know because you don't understand how excited I am to try and see if this works. And was it wrong of me to have co2 and peels? Because I did that already and I hope it didn't ruin my chances of not gettin this corrected. You guys can only imagine how excited I really am. I have only minimal acne scaring and all these weird greasy look with bumps from the dumb retin a. If I get this retin a cleared out id be back to my old ways. Please let me know you guys honestly have given me hope