I healed my skin from Retin A damage!!!! Finally!!!!!

I am really beginning to question and wonder about...

I am really beginning to question and wonder about Dermatologists. Why is it that 99% of derms out there tell you that Retin A can't harm or damage the skin? Why do they insist that that it ONLY makes skin beautiful as long as you "keep at it!"? Before trying Retin A I read all the reviews. I also read a few horror stories and like everyone else, I assumed, well they must have just not applied it properly. Wrong.
I applied Retin A very, very carefully. I followed directions to a T. I'm now thinking the mistakes I made were to use a clarisonic and vitamin C ( not in conjunction but the day after) while also using Retin A. Perhaps I would still be having the issues I have had even without these things, but I do think these exacerbated the problem. I'd like to add that I was told it was perfectly safe to use both wihile on Retin A. Again.. wrong.

Let me tell you what Retin A does to the skin. It thins it. It thins the epidermis and damages the skin barrier. I don't care what any doctor out there says, this is what it does. How do I know this? Well, I used retin A for approx 3/4 nights ( every other night) and this is what it did to my skin in that very short time..

~Spider veins along nose
~dark circles
~extremely sensitized skin that turns red very easily, even know 3 weeks after being off of it
~greasy, oily skin. VERY oily
~fine lines increased
~deep wrinkles appeared from NOWHERE
~horrible, awful huge pores ALL OVER MY FACE
~red all around my nose
~splotchy skin
~shiny skin

Thanks Retin A. Retin A dehydrates the skin, damages the barrier and thins the epidermis, all of which are very difficult to treat and take months to resolve. If not years. For some people, this is never remedied.

I am lucky that I stopped using it as soon as I saw the large pores. I knew something was amiss and I was not taking any chances. It's been three weeks and with careful care of my skin there is vast improvement. But if you don't treat it properly and promptly, you will be regretting using retin a for the rest of your life. Please be cautious. If you have a bad reaction such as mine, leave a comment and I will tell you how to fix the problem. And stop the retin a immediately.. it will only get worse and harder to fix.

How to fix the problem Retin A creates.

Hello everyone who is having skin troubles after using Retin A.

This is how you help restore your skin. You need to repair your skin barrier and hydrate the skin. This is the exact routine I follow.. and I follow it until my skin is all healed and then to be safe I will continue on for another month. First things first.. NO acids, no exfoliation, no scrubbing. Be gentle with your skin. As gentle as possible. Spot treat acne.

1. Wash skin with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser. ( this cleanser is awesome.
2. Apply small to medium amount of cold emu oil to the skin.. ( I keep my emu oil in the fridge. It will turn into a cream and then melt into your hands. I buy my emu oil from the Montana Ranch. It is very important that your emu oil is purified and pure.)
3. Immediately after applying the emu oil, while skin is still moist from the oil, apply barrier repair cream from cellceuticals.
4. About twenty minutes later apply zinc sunscreen from skinceuticals. Zinc is very healing to the skin.

That is ALL I do. Nothing else. This will heal your skin barrier but it takes time. It will also hydrate your skin. Your skin should not break out from this routine. Your t-zone may be affected if you over apply these things so apply them sparingly to these areas. I also spot treat my nose to prevent black heads. I will wash with a BP wash or apply proactive BP cream on it. But only to my nose. The emu oil has actually stopped me from breaking out on my face completely.

Do NOT wash with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser, wash with raw honey!

Do NOT wash with cellceuticals extra gentle cleanser, wash with raw honey! Put raw honey on your face, leave on for a few minutes and rinse off. That is all you need to do. Twice a day. My pores are 90% gone now using this method.

My pores are GONE. gone. gone gone.

I stopped everything and ONLY washed by face with raw, local honey- organically harvested and then put on emu oil. Nothing else- not even make up or sunscreen. It's been a few days of that- just a few and my skin completely healed. It's dry but there are no pores, I can *barely* barely see the broken caps- very light, the 11's are totally gone. My skin is healed. It's healed. I am SO happy! photos to come.

I have been using Issho Genki Squalene capsules on my skin for the past 7 days. I don't know if it's a coincidence but everyone has been telling me I have glowing skin, plus I heard it really helps to heal, and plump up wrinkles and fill out skin. Well that was a study with Cod Liver oil, but this is the same thing only without the rancid smell. It doesn't smell of anything and the product goes through a strict process in Japan, and can be trusted. Because of this, it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it. I had laser damage btw, so have been trying a few things. I even tried retinol cream a few times but will stop tonight after reading this.
Gracey are you using capsules on your skin by breaking them open? Are these capsules usually meant for taking orally? Is there something other than fish oil in them? I read it was from the clean waters of Japan. The only thing that concerns me is that since the nuclear melt down the ocean surrounding Japan is floating with nuclear waste. Not sure how long that will be for because some recent items washed up in Hawaii and they tested positive for radio activity. Not really sure?
Oh gosh I didn't think of that. Well I know that the Issho Genki Squalene is supposed to be the worlds most trusted brand. And I also seem to remember my friend who introduced me to it saying they get it from somewhere like New Zealand, then it is shipped to Japan for the strict packaging process they have there which is why it's so expensive. Maybe you can research on the company a bit more. Yes I break the capsules open and put them directly on my face. I know of a couple of other people that are doing the same thing by putting this directly on their face with very good results too, they also just started. The capsules are 100% pure Squalene. I know the fish come from the deepest part of the water too, so contamination is less likely. It's supposed to help heal damaged cells which is why, as well as swallowing the capsules, this is used directly on skin cancer. So it must have some powerful healing qualities. Plus it's natural which is why I like this option. Just think how shiny the sharks skin is haha. That's a joke. But yes I have been getting compliments last few days about glowing skin, so i'm hoping it will help heal me completely. I also read on another website that putting fish oil on your face can encourage fat cells to plump up and fill out our face and wrinkles. That one i'm not sure of, but again it's worth a go.
Well the shark remark is close. Being that it is shark week on tv they have stated that sharks seem to have some kind of resistance to cancer. They testing that currently in the field of science. So who knows maybe they are on to something. Some you apply it to your skin and take it too? I would like to try that since IPL has changed the curves of cheekbones and jaw line plus gave me deep lines along the checks. It has been three years but my skin look three times older than that and it all happened in two weeks. So medically criminal. Thanks for your input.
Oh i'm sorry about the IPL. I used the IPL too 3 times only two weeks apart as I was on holiday for 6 weeks (way to close) and too high a temperature, and the same happened to me. I have a question. Did all the damage that happened to your skin happen in just two weeks? Or did it get worse over time, and the majority happen in two weeks? For me I had so much fat loss that I look too thin now, and I have red veins showing all over my face, and little ice pick holes.. The problem is that when something traumatic happens, if we allow it to worry us too much, then the stress just makes it worse. Honestly if we believe something long enough we will become it, I really believe that. Have you been able to accept what happened already and believe that things will get better? I honestly believe for us that they will. I spoke to a lady that had laser damage and her skin got better only after 5 years.. but she ate a very healthy diet and used natural products on her face. I know it's easy for me to say things will get better, as I still worry about it too still but I try not too obsess anymore. I choose to believe it will heal. Our bodies are amazingly made.. I think this Issho Genki Squalene is a very good option to try, if you get it we can try together haha.. and please let me know if it's working for you too! To answer your question I take it as well as applying to my skin, but I forget to take it sometimes, I really must remember. Also take plenty of Vitamin C if you can. I also like the idea of raw Manuka honey as it has healing qualities too.
Hi ... I used retin a for three weeks and stopped it since all the pores of my skin especially my legs turned to red color and are very apparent to the eyes. Now it's ten years and I still have this case . Any solutions plz ? Is the sun good for my case ?
Hi, my dernatologist prescribed me retin A a few months ago and told me to use it only when i had a breakout as a spot treatment. i used it for the first time last night and was wondering if you knew if there any side effects of only a one time use?
Some people get immediate reaction. I personally used it for a couple of weeks and it caused damage and it has been it is almost a year. I stay away from it. Read about howcEurope banned it
Thanx that great advice except i wont stop using daily sunscreen since the barrier Gets damaged your skin would be too sensetive to the Sun.. I am glad you are getting great results. I use a spf 70broad spectrum daily. Sun is one of the worst things.
I went ahead and went to the derm(had gotten my retin a 0.1% from alldaychemist) she prescribed me finacea nd only after a few days of applying tht my skin looked a thousand times better. She also prescribed hq 4% but I haven't gotten it filled yet. Ra had my skin looking so hideous I finally feel normal nd pretty again
Just be aware of all side effects. Also FYI HQ is now banned in Europe read about why and make your own judgement. For sure no sun not even a little need to use a total block. Just have learned the hard way doctors don't always know everything about the meds they write but your pharmacy usually can give you that
I just don't know what to do anymore. My skin in some areas looks better but others looks worst. I'm just about given up. I'm always going to look like a ghoul now. The tca and laser helped out a bit, but now I have some laser marks. I feel like treating it is just making it worst. :/. What would you suggest doing? I'm going to see my plastic surgeon/dermatologist tomorrow but this is ridiculous. Wish I never went to the derm in the first place. I'm literally depressed as hell. Everyone is telling me it isn't bad. They're not the ones living in my shoes from day to day
Considering switching derms if thts an option. But c if they can prescribe u the finacea gel. Nd ask if they hav free samples available in the office. I dnt hv insurance so my derm gave me abt 5 free samples nd told me to call nd get more when I run out. It's rlly working so well to even my skin back out nd fixing wht the ra did. It has a ton of great reviews. So many ppl report better looking skin after only a few uses. I love this stuff. I ws rlly depressed as well. But Ik I'm gonna b so happy after using this for 3 months...my skin will prob b better thn it ever has been. I'm gonna go fill the hq nd keflex prescription she gave me as well. Gd luck Hun
Hey sididdy did you do any peels or co2 laser? Because I've done that and a lot of that shiny look is gone but I still have these big pores or cysts. Or if anyone else knows please let me know. It's these stupid bumps I'm trying to treat the most
Sorry I fell asleep and didn't see your message. I use Elta MD from my derm dr office. At Ulta they may have others I use turbo booster Vit C by Philosophy which is a powder. Nothing happens overnight it takes time. Good luck :)
So you would recommend the powder at least? Seems like there are a few remedies. Should I do the honey? Zinc oxide? Or finacea first? I want to start something soon but wanted to know what you guys recommend first. Please let me know because you don't understand how excited I am to try and see if this works. And was it wrong of me to have co2 and peels? Because I did that already and I hope it didn't ruin my chances of not gettin this corrected. You guys can only imagine how excited I really am. I have only minimal acne scaring and all these weird greasy look with bumps from the dumb retin a. If I get this retin a cleared out id be back to my old ways. Please let me know you guys honestly have given me hope
I can only recommend the zinc everyone with any type of damage should always use a sun block with zinc . You become very sensitive to any sun and you will get brown spots if you don't . The honey seems like it helped some with chemical damage but I none so far with laser damage. I have no idea about the other but read up on it and the side effects please.
Did you have any facial Swelling? If so did the finacea help?
Imsorry you're saying that the chemical peel helped with the retin a damage? Or caused more damaged? Sorry tried reading it again and again but was a little bit confusing hah. Also I found a site called badgerbalm that uses 100% natural zinc in their sunscreen. Was wondering if that'd be suitable? Ty
What I meant to type was I have laser damage the chemical peel and Retin A made it worse for me . The honey did nothing for me and I have not read of anyone with laser damage that was helped by using hony.Only a couple with damage from Retin A. Make sure it is "disappearing or invisible Zinc or you will have a whitish paste on your face
So you had laser damage originally and tried using retin a and chemical peels but it made it worst? And this zinc is suppose to be complete natural recycled not any chemical based additives. Because I feel like co2 helped but left my face with white streaks I'm so mad. Doctor said it'll heal it'll take a little longer. It's been two months post. Im so sick of all these treatments. If I never had that retin a reaction I would've never had any of these treatments ever done soo sick of this stuff
It is a merry go round of treatments. Very much a domino effect . We all say if we could go back in time. It just so dishonest not to inform us truly of all dangers. I went today to talk about the derma pen. I am going to try it next weekend. I just don't think there is any other options for me at this time. I will keep you posted
Honestly I've heard pretty good reviews about the derma pen and it's less invasive. You are stimulating the skin and going in the epidermis but it's more of a brushing rather than complete burning like laser. Honestly I don't know how or what qualifies these doctors to get their degrees. I feel like over these past few years I'm starting to know more lol. But let me know because I was thinking of getting it done by the end of the month. My doctor said he'd do a light laser over my concern areas. Would you recommend it? Or leave it? I know you had your laser post too so I wanted your input. And keep contact I really hope things turn out better for you. You've been a big help in keeping me sane no joke
Retinol is in everything day creams, sun lotion you really have to read labels. I was told by Derm that it was such a weaker form I should have no problems.... Wrong! Look for any the darts with ret or vit A.
Was me doing a feel tca peels and co2 laser a bad thing? It definitely helped out with my complexion an reduced some of that stupid shiny look, but my skin feels thinner. Honestly I just want these stupid pores to go away along with the shiny look. I used the cream once at night. My skin started to feel like it was burning so I washed it of right away. One time was too many for me. What should I do? Will I be ok? I'm so just mad and have been for years. I already have oily skin and it looks even shinier throughtout the day. I miss my old skin so much everyday I wake up and throughout the day is a bad day lookin at my face. I had perfect radiant skin before. Really ruined my confidence in life. I was so outgoing before and now I have trouble socializing because my face looks like a mess :(. What to do? Honey? I'm going to see my derm again tomorrow. I thought after years it'd diminish.