Day 5 PO

I am a mom of 3 boys, 12 year old twins and a 3...

I am a mom of 3 boys, 12 year old twins and a 3 year old. I have always had a "tummy" but now with the past pregnancies and of course age, I just can't get rid of it. I have wanted a tummy tuck since I had my twins and now that I know that there will be no more babies my wish will be granted.

I can't wait till my surgery but I have a lot to do before then. My huuby surprised me with a mini ski trip for just the 2 of us before the TT and we also have a ski trip planned with our twins. I also want to clean the entire house, shop for all my post TT needs and get some freezer meals prepared. Oh and get to the gym a lot before I can't go for a long while. Any advice for TT preparations?

One week to go!!!!! I can't believe that in 1 week...

One week to go!!!!! I can't believe that in 1 week I will be saying googbye to my tummy.
I still have a lot to do around the house to prepare. I get my hair done tomorrow. I went looking for binders today but was not sure what to buy. My PS will fit me with one for right after surgery but I wanted to have an extra. I will have to remember to ask him when I go to my preop this Friday.

so I guess I will post some stats (eek)
age - 40
height - 5'2''
weight - 144 (I was over 150 and last Summer I was in the 130s)
occupation - substitute teacher and Mom to 3 boys, 12 year old twins and a 3 year old

No prior surgeries.

Yesterday was the big day. Everything went well. I...

Yesterday was the big day. Everything went well. I did get sick while in the recovery room and on the way home. That hurt. I am in some pain but it is not overwhelming.
Today I went in for my 1st PO visit. He changed my dressing took a look and I got my 1st look. It was weird seeing the difference. There is some swelling bot it does look better. My Mom says I look so skinny.
I have been pretty much staying in my bed. I have it all set up with lots of pillows and one of those back rest with arms pillow. I have all my supplies on my nightstand. My hubby is taking good care of me. I get up to use the bathroom but that is it.
Drains are the worst.

I am on day 5 PO. feeling OK. Still sore but not...

I am on day 5 PO. feeling OK. Still sore but not enough to take pain meds. The last one I had was Thurs. night before bed.
I took another shower today and that does take a lot out of me. Feels odd to have the CG off. still have my drains. I go see my PS on Tues. Crossing my fingers that they can come out then.
I walk around the house, up and down stairs but nothing real active. I guess you could say that I am giving up strenuous activity for Lent. and I gues my hubby is too LOL.
Sleep was difficult last night hope it gets better.
I am looking forward to getting back to normal only with a new tummy,

Go big or go home

Date set. Called today to set the date for new boobies. Feb. 24. 6 1/2 weeks from now. Decided to go with the 425cc. At the consultation me and hubby were torn between the 400cc and the 425cc sizes. Really not a big difference. Thought we would get the 400s when we left, but after talking it out we thought if we were unsure, we should go with the bigger ones to avoid boob regret. so now the pre-op prep begins
-make appt. with reg. Dr. for exam
-buy supplies
-clean house
-set up child care
-get hair done
-finish bathroom painting, I started taping it off now I just need to paint
-????? I know there is more but I can't think of what else.

My hubby wants me to keep this on the DL. He is afraid of what people will think. I could care less because it is my body and my body image. Of course he is all for it and is looking forward to me having bigger boobs. My mom knows and she thinks it is great also.

Getting closer

So... I received my paperwork in the mail read and signed it all. Been trying to work out as much as possible since I will be unable to for awhile post-op. Also getting my paint done in the master bath, definitely can't do that after surgery. It is looking really good and will be nice to have a nice new bathroom to get ready in. The walls are going from white to coffee with cream color the trim, baseboards and closet door are going from gray to off white and the vanity is going from gray to Sweet molasses. Changes happening all around. Me and the bathroom.
Need some advice on bra shopping. What should I buy for post BA before they actually settle and gain their final size? My instructions say no under wires for 6 months. Also are hot tubs allowed about a month post-op?
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Hope all continues to go well! Would love an updated tummy pic as we are about same size.
Let's see new pics!! I'm sure a lot has changed since you last posted pics!
Sounds like you are doing well!!! How is the BB coming and the incision is it looking any different I thought you looked really clean after surgery they did a nice job on your stitching!
Thanks.
I am still swollen but my incision and BB don't seem to be giving me any problems. No open spots, not a lot of discharge. I still have my drains and that is the bothersome.
The PS used dissolvable stitches.
I am 5'2 and i weight 144. My surgery is april 5 and i am also getting just a TT. I really enjoyed reading your review.
Thank you. April 5 will be here before you know it. Good luck to you.
No lipo for me.
Did you have lipo or just a tummy tuck???
Mine is going to feed a large tribe of hungry cannibals, LOL
Thanks. I brought my camera and asked him to take a picture for me. I asked if he thought it was weird but he said no and lots of people do. he also offered to use his camera phone if I didn't have my camera ready.
I think he said that it only weighed 2lbs.
Krista- Girl you look super,wow look at your belly it is skinny!!!! I am glad I am not the only one that likes to see the pic of the skin hacked, LOL Did your surgeon take it for you and weigh it and stuff??? Mine has my arm skin on his camera and he keeps forgetting to email me! I told him he must weigh and measure all mine belly skin I am doing a contest for weight and height, LOL
lose that extra weight first and avoid red meat 2 days before surgery and continue the gym and exerices
I can't imagine trying to recover with a 17 month old and a 4 year old. I am trying to get all the help I can with my 3 year old.
I have been trying to read all I can on others' experiences so I can be prepared as possible. Feb. will be here soon. Good luck newmom
Hi and welcome. Be sure to click on the forum tab and look for the February tummy tuckers check in here thread..it is a nice way to keep up with the gals going through the surgery around the same time as you are.
I am scheduled for Feb 6 and I know what you mean about having a lot to do...most of the gals here talk about going through a nesting phase and I am there. I feel this need to clean the baseboards and have the carpets cleaned before my surgery.
I have 2 young boys, ages 4 and 17 months so recovery will be tricky so I want to get all sorts of things done beforehand..I also need to clean my home office..ugh!
If you read some of the threads for Dec and Jan tt's on the forum page you will find lots of ideas for preparations. best wishes! :)