TT/BA in Miami

I am a 32 year old mother of 3... We have...

I am a 32 year old mother of 3... We have completed our family and now I'm ready to reclaim my body! I am beginning the process of consultations. I would like to have a full tummy tuck, I'm hoping to go without muscle repair... I am considering a vertical scar to avoid length. I will also have a breast augmentation, I am hoping to only need a crescent lift and have larger implants (I'm going big!) So this is where it begins for me! Real Self has been awesome for me in helping me gain courage and information

So my first consultation is done, I think it went...

So my first consultation is done, I think it went well! No big surprises, the cost is in line with my expectation & I really like the doctor , his staff and his office... My BIG question is about getting the lift done... I'm just SO scared of the vertical scar on my breasts!! He said I will likely only need a donut incision, which I will be OK with, my goal is to look GREAT naked... As I had hoped my diastasis isn't so bad, I wanted to avoid muscle repair because of the down time, 3 small children LOTS of carrying, but it looks like I'll do muscle repair after all... My amazing husband has also been suggesting that we MAY move up my timeline, I feel like an interloper, I am possibly 15 months out (originally aiming for February 2014) BUT he suggested we may be able to do July 2013!!!! we'll see. either way in little over a year I'll be having a FTT, BA (with possible BL) and possible lipo of flanks... When this thing gets REAL wheels under it, I'll post before pics...anyone go with a BA and regret not doing the BL??

It's actually going to happen!

Adding wish pics... So much has changed since I first started my research... I've been seriously planning this for nearly 5 years! I will be going to Miami in April (FINALLY) for a TT and BA

more wish

Booked, but lots of questions

I'm officially booked for April 15th with Dr. Ortega in Miami. I'm very excited and feeling extremely confident, in the procedures at least. The details and logistics are a little overwhelming with the aspect of travel involved. I have several possible scenarios but none of them are set in stone and there is definitely some tension involved unfortunately. I want my BEST healing scenario but organizing the details to make that a reality are a little daunting. Any insight into travel to Miami would be extremely helpful!

wheels in motion

Admittedly, I really wanted to avoid the lift. I have really been having issues accepting scars even with expertly done incisions. For some reason I have a full acceptance of the tummy tuck incision but my breasts, I had hoped to leave completely in tact... I've always identified myself by them, I've had "big boobs" for as long as I can remember (since I was 11, I developed quickly). But now here I am, 3 kids later, nearly 6 years of breast feeding combined and I'm left empty and uncomfortable. I'm looking for a very natural relaxed look, but I want fullness too. Anybody get a lift and regret it? Or the opposite, askew the lift and later wanted it? Anyway... I'm booked! down payment made, contract signed, accommodations set and READY for this new chapter!

I fly tomorrow!

My tummy isn't even a thought, I have so much confidence in the outcome there... But these boobs! I'll be posting pre op pics tomorrow... i want big, full boobs but I do NOT want the scars OR the "height" I rather like the position of mu nipples... that said I work in and enjoy the fitness industry and don;t want to be uncomfortable... it's decision time!! I think I'm prepared... flying from Ohio to Miami, bags packed, plans in place, READY to GO!!

I'm here!!

Arrived last night and I am surprised by how calm I feel. My consult is today and I am really looking forward to sitting down with my surgeon to make the big decisions... My tummy gives me no qualms, so ready for that, but what to do with these boobs!!!

3 days out

I'm on the other side and it's great... no walk in the park but the healing process is pretty smooth... I went with no lift (considering it for the future) 600cc silicone hp... I know that sounds INSANE but it suits me perfectly, the proportions are spot on. At this point they are riding WAY high and feel quite tight, I'm sure this has to do with my musculature, lifting weights has given me a very strong chest, so the process of getting them to drop is a little frustrating and pretty uncomfortable, but I'm doing the work and grateful for my transformation... I promise I'll share pics at some point, but I'm having trouble loading them from my phone... My tummy looks amazing, I really can't believe how flat I am!! The swelling is normal and diminishing daily, the whole process is fascinating (and uncomfortable) and full of purpose, watching my body heal is really cool... Very much excited to shower later today!! (it's the little things lol)

I have to admit, I am feeling extremely overwhelmed... initially I thought my breasts would settle down and grow on me and I know I'm only 6 days out but I am having waves of regret. While I have a lot of confidence in my surgeon and his skills I am a little upset at the tactics preop. We all have different expectations and ideals, in my opinion, for my desired results I did not need a lift, but filling in, I stated that I wasn't afraid to go big (DDD/E) I felt a little bullied on this aspect, he insisted that at some point I will need a lift. I still "go my way" The preop consult was FAST. He stated "600cc" which surprised me quite a bit, at that point I expected "sizers" to come in and for me to weigh my options but that's not what happened... I immediately went into surgery and woke up with very large breasts, HUGE HARD and HIGH. I expected some degree of discomfort and some degree of tightness I didn't go into this blindly... But I can't, for the life of me, fathom how these will settle down... I find myself crying and very upset. I really hope this passes and I come to enjoy and love them... in OTHER news I LOVE love love my tummy so far, it's amazing, really, even with my remaining stretch marks it's so much better than how it was.

pics, finally

I'm 12 days post op and feeling really great over all, I was sent home with my drains in so tomorrow I'm finally getting at least one of my drains out!! The other side is still putting out more than I would like so I'm putting my foot down (and more importantly sitting my butt down) to try and decrease this output and help my body finish this task. I still have my tape on though I probably don't need it. I'm loving my results more and more everyday, looking forward to my breasts dropping into place and my incision being passed that vulnerable stage... one day at a time

My drains are finaly out but wow was it a strange experience!! And now there is this weird low "gurgly" feeling in my belly, hope thats normal... strange but also liberating!!!

Still Nohting

On Tuesday evening I reached out to Dr. Ortega's office, I spoke with Carla, my coordinator, she told me to send her pics of my concern, which I did. I pursued on Wed as well, sending more pics and speaking to Carla further (who is NOT a medical professional) It is now Friday and NOT a single response have I gotten from their office... Yesterday I went to the local urgent care and ruled out my concerns and made me feel overall better. I have to say I am really feeling quite upset with my after care and with my breast results. I will update more later...
Dr. Mel Ortega