Upper Bleph - Pleased w/Results

I had upper blepharoplasty done on 12/22 because I...

I had upper blepharoplasty done on 12/22 because I have always disliked the hooding and puffiness of my upper eyelids. The made me look tired when I was not. It has only been eight days, but I am beginning to regret having it done.

The healing process has been different than I expected. I spent hours doing research and almost all of the reviews and photos of upper bleph spoke of and showed little swelling and very quick healing. That has not been my experience. I did and still do have a lot of swelling in my upper and lower lids.

I have to return to work on Jan 3. Hopefully most of the swelling will be gone by then. As for results, I know it’s much too soon to determine what the final outcome will be, but I think my eyes are definitely asymmetrical and will remain this way once I am completely healed. I am pleased with the shape of my right eye, although I think my doctor was a little conservative with the skin and fat removal. The left eye is shaped differently and more fat and skin were removed from it than the right. It also droops. I hope that the different shape and the drooping are a result of the swelling that is still present and will improve with time; but I think revision surgery is in my future.

my bleph surgery did not go well. The right eye cannot be corrected, but the left one can. I made sure I got another doctor. Can you believe the one who goofed up was board certified? I used to think that meant you could rest assured if they were board certified, but in this case, it didn't mean much. I am quite sure the next surgery will go better, because the doctor I will have the next time has done a lot of this kind of surgery, and nurses have had him do their surgery who work at his eye center. Stupid me, I should have known to have gotten him in the first place.
Yes, I am 2 months plus post op and healing is still going on. My eyelids finally close properly!!!
Some swelling is still there however and my eyelids still hurt if I touch them...hang on i n there girls!!! It just takes MUCH lomger than we are told...
How is your asymmetry issue? I was like you, reading that the healing was 10 days and no big deal. I was in for a surprise lol. I think ethnic skin is much different, it took me months to look normal, my lids were so high for a while. I had no idea that the healing would be as long and as intense as it was. I noticed that any differences you see right after surgery doesn't go away, may change slightly as swelling in lid goes down but the crease didn't really change shape. Your 8 day pic looks good though, no bruising and swelling not too much.

My initial results were good, but my PS and I felt...

My initial results were good, but my PS and I felt my eyes were still puffy and hooded. A slight revision was done in May and I am happy with the outcome. For me, the surgery was totally worth it.

For those of you who have already had upper bleph, do you think as time went on & swelling went down, did you see more or less "eyelid"? I'm just 2 weeks out from surgery, & although I'm happy with the symmetry & incisions look great, I'm wondering if enough skin was removed. Everyday the swelling goes down more & more, I see less & less eyelid, to the point now their really isn't very much lid showing. I asked my PS about it at my 1 week checkup & he said as swelling continues to subside I will see more "eyelid", but so far my experience has been the opposite. What do you think?
you honestly cannot tell at 2 weeks...at 2 months maybe....
honestly girls it really does take at least 6 months to see the real final result...my eyes were lumpy lobsided puffy etc etc and a year later its fab....just be patient and hang on in there...best wishes to you all