Postponed......Must Drop 20 Pounds and Stop Smoking for Next 7 Weeks - Columbus, GA

Well yesterday, I decided to go for another quote...

Well yesterday, I decided to go for another quote on my tummy tuck. This doctor was actually cheaper and was more detail oriented than the last one. This doctor told me that I must quit smoking. He will not do the surgery if I have not stopped smoking for six weeks. The reason why was because he said smokers can get what is called dead skin. This takes months to heal. He does not even like taking the risk of it happening. So I quit smoking cold turkey as of 8:00 p.m. last night.

Also, he wants me to drop 20 more pounds, so starting today I have adjusted my diet to five 200 calorie meals a day. So far so good. I need motivation to do this. The reason he will not do it now is because he wants me to be at a weight closer to my goal weight. I weighed 220 yesterday and he wants me at atleast 200 pounds. If he performs the surgery and I lose, then my stomach will not be tight. Honestly the lowest I have weighed was 190 and that was when I was age 14 and age 21 but it took a lot for me to stay at that weight. So here goes....,..I will keep you updated. I even went online to figure out how many calories my body burns in a day and was able to figure out if I follow my diet plan to the T until June 14, I will lose 24 pounds and weigh 196. Send me good lucks, I need all I can get.

I totally get what you are saying...I was told the same thing. I quit in Feb and I power walk an hour and a half every day. I took Chantix because I couldn't manage to do it on my own. I also eat about 1200 calories today by way of three meals and two snacks...all clean unprocessed foods. I want this so bad...I think it really was the motivator to get me working on me again. Congrats on the quitting smoking. Best of luck to you on your weight loss. I don`t think there is a bigger motivator than plastic surgery! LOL! Take care! :-D
Thanks for sharing. Yes as of today I have lost 9.8 pounds. I have 4.5 more weeks to go and I know I can do it, because I have not stuck to the diet as strictly as I could. I have also had trouble with the smoking thing. I have two more days before I absolutely cannot have another cigarette. Best of luck to you as well.
Have you ever tried the atkins diet? I know it really works well, the problem is if you come off of it completly you gain pretty fast. I too have to quit smoking for at least 6 weeks prior to surgery and i am hoping to get my mm in september, its gonna be so ruff. Well theres nothing like good motivation to change are bad habits so i know you will get the weight off, and congrats on cold turkyin it. You are a tough cookie!
I did along time ago. You can do it! My doctor told me if I did not, I would end up with dead skin. Go google pictures of that. It is a true motivation.
I started Weight Watchers last September. In October I started doing Zumba 2-4 times per week. 7 months later I am down 26 pounds. I had my first consult this week, and the doc said NO dieting for 4 weeks before surg. During these 4 wks, I am supposed to eat 2200-2400 calories a day, being sure to eat LOTS of protein. (I'm 165 pds now at 5'5). Is your doc ok with you doing 1000 cals a day for the next 7 wks? Did he say anything about getting lots of protein in? I wish you and all the lovely ladies here the best!
You are so right. It's hard to lose when you have to keep yourself healthy and strong for the surgery. My red blood count last was 12.5 and in my case i need to get it to 13-14
My doctor did not tell me how to lose the weight. I have done it before when I was in college and was able to do it. I wonder why no dieting?
Good luck, pls what isyou height pls?
I am 5'8.
Best of luck! Mind if I ask your age and height? Share a bit of your diet! I've been going to the gym for about 3 weeks now and eating much less and healthier and lost nothing! I wonder whats wrong with me and what Im doing wrong. Best of luck! You can lose the weight and stop smoking and hopefully not pick it up again. Its good you found a doctor that looks after your health rather than want to rush you into surgery.
I totally agree. I had two consults. The first doctor never mentioned my weight or smoking. I am 30 and I am 5'8.
You can do it hun. I'm on that diet as well. Best way to lose it is going on an all liquid diet. I myself quit amoking cold turkey in march n til this day haven't touched another cigarette. I believe in. I know you got this. Stay focus on the prize sweety.
Thanks for the encouragement. It has been rough. I want this so bad.
Good luck!!!
Thank you!
The TT is your motivation! You can do it! My doctor told me I had to lose 30lbs to get the best results. My TT isnt until December so I'm working hard at losing and imagining what I will look like once I'm all healed up!
My TT isn't until December also. I'd like to lose about 20 lbs. what are you doing to lose? Any suggestions?
For the longest I've just been watching what I ate and working out, but my scale wouldnt budge so I asked a few ladies on this site what they were doing and a lot of them started HCG drops. So for the past month I've been on the drops and a low calorie diet and have lost 15lbs.
Well I had to lose this much weight in college. I have a bunch of male friends who workout and try to get buff, lol so they have suggested protein. Grilled chicken and brocolli and believe it or not rice (not a lot though). Elliptical trainer 60 minutes a day for five to seven days a week. Drink a bottle of water afterwards and sit in the sauna for 15 minutes after each work out. My understanding is alot of the weight that needs to come off is water weight.
Where did you buy the HCG drops?
HCGdiet.com. They are having a big sale now. buy one get one free with free shipping. I just bought 2 more rounds of it
You can do it.