FINALLY Getting my Breast Reduction! - Columbus, GA

Alright. After 4 years of waiting I am FINALLY...

Alright. After 4 years of waiting I am FINALLY getting my breast reduction! :D
I have had large breasts since I started developing. I was in a training bra for only about 3 weeks then I went straight to a 34C. Did I mention I was in the 5th grade? Ya. Not ok. Since then (i'm 22 now) it has been a steady increase to what I currently am; a 34FF. I do have a 5 month old, but in all honesty my breast didn't grow at all even while I was breast feeding. They just got really hard. Thankfully I just found out that Tricare has authorized the claim so now i'm just waiting for the Dr's office to receive the fax saying to schedule my surgery!! I'm so flippin' excited I just wanted to share my experience. :]

Surgery Scheduled!

Going under the knife August 14th :] Cannot wait. Although I'm curious. Has anyone who's gotten this surgery felt like they made a mistake of going too small? I told my doctor I would be happy being a B but he said he didn't think I would be so happy. It's just hard to decide because I just cannot see myself smaller lol I know I should trust my doctor but I can be a second guesser.

Waiting sucks.

Only 29 days until surgery!! Having such a struggle trying to lose these last 10 lbs of baby weight because everything I do hurts my back & neck. My chiropractor told me there's no point in my coming in until after my surgery (at least he's honest lol) because he can't help me towards real progress until I stop slouching & correct my posture, so I haven't had that relief in the last couple weeks & it sucks.
Mostly i'm upset because I have worked so hard to lose 30 pounds these last couple months & i'm so close to my goal, it's like it's taunting me.. Did anyone else find exercise easier after reduction surgery? If so, how long did it take to get into a serious work out regiment?

Day After Surgery

So I had the surgery yesterday & I stayed over night in the hospital. Whatever they use to put people under always makes me horribly nauseous so the car ride & lack of morphine would have destroyed me.
Anywho! Dr. Pagadala is a master at his craft!! The nurses that changed my dressings though I had implants. Nope! The swelling is already going down & it only hurts where the draining tubes are. It's a stingy feeling. Also then incision site under both breasts will start throbbing if I don't get to my pain meds soon enough, but it's really not that bad.
I've been sleeping most of the day, not eating a whole lot because i'm not hungry, but like I said, it's really not that bad. :] I'll post photos later since I can't take off the bandage until monday.

Day 3 Post Reduction

Today has been easy. So ready for these drainage tubes to come out. That is the only part that hurts even a little bit. I had to fix my ace wrap so I got a look at my boobies! Again, words cannot describe how perfect they are! I got EXACTLY what I wanted! :D I don't think I mentioned that he took out 5 pounds. 5. Dang. My back and hips already feel better. I'm so antsy to try on bras, bathing suits.. All the things that I loathed to have to find before :] Also not being able to hold my son sucks. Luckily all the women in my family are here to help distract him.
Anywho, so far so good! No real pain just sleepy a lot. :]

2 weeks Post Op :]

I am feeling AMAZING! No more joint pain, bras that fit properly. I'm in heaven! Wearing normal clothes now, not feeling any pain that's surgery related. The only thing that sucks is every time I move in my sleep I wake up because things are tender when pressure is applied. But otherwise things are great! I'm healing nicely & like I said, I just cant get over how awesome I feel. I went from a DDD/F to a D :]

Incisions

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

You look great!!!
Oh my goodness! I've seen loads of implants with no lift that don't look anywhere near as good as you do! No wonder the nurse thought you had them! But nope, all you and no sagging, you look great, they are absolutely perfect, I can see why you're smiling in your pic :)
Do you have the full anchor incision underneath?
I think that's what it's called. I posted a photo so you can see :]
Wow! I hope mine come out as symmetrical as yours. They look FAB!
I know right solesister. I wish mines come out like hers. They look fabulous! !
You look fantastically good! Me, not so much. I'm 8 days out and pretty bruised. I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations Chelsea Anne! You are brave. I'm a little scared of surgery, but I'm considering the Dr. Pagadala for a reduction and "breast balancing" - that's right, that means I've had one side noticeably bigger than the other for 30+ years. If you have a moment to respond to your posts - let me know how even the results are form side to side, that's so important to me.
Hey StrongAndSmart, i'll post pictures today of my before and after now that all the swelling is gone. :] Dr. Pagadala is WONDERFUL. For the first time in my life I LOVE my breasts. I'm also going back to him for lipo soon, so I obviously trust him to go under a second time. :] The surgery was not at all as bad as I thought it would be. I had a c-section almost a year ago and that was worse than this surgery. Don't be afraid!! Things will be so much better.
Congrats!! My surgery is scheduled for September 5th. I'm in Columbus too, where are you getting yours done?
Columbus Georiga Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Clinic :] Dr. Pagadala is doing my surgery but all the doctors got amazing reviews!
I had mine 3 days ago. 2 pounds taken from each side - I can't believe I carted that around. My surgeon says I will probably be a full B...which is fine with me. My fear was to come out of surgery and think that I was still too big. Too small, I could deal with. Pain is not as bad as I would have expected. More tired than anything.
Ya, I don't want to come out too big. I would hate to go through all that & then come out not liking the result. & that's awesome! :]
Just had mine reduced 6 days ago. It was so worth it. I had 700g removed from one side and 735g from the other. I could immediately tell that the pressure was no longer on my back,neck, and shoulders.
It's funny because I can't even imagine not having those problems anymore haha! I've had them for so long! How is recovery as far as pain?
Hi ChelseAnne The recovery has almost been surreal. I'm hardly in any pain. I followed doctors orders and took the pain meds. To be honest the worst part has been the constipation from the meds. I'm amazed I'm not in more pain. The nerves seem to be waking up in my nipples and every now and then I get this tingling discomfort. All in all I feel amazing!
That is so comforting to hear!

Welcome to the community.  You are going to feel so much better once you lessen the load.  Heavy breasts hurt!!

You look great right now... you'll be happy about the lift that you get.