Facelift- Shortscar or Mini - Columbus, GA

When I was about 13 & first heard of a facelift, I...

When I was about 13 & first heard of a facelift, I decided then that when I got old, I was going to have one done. Well, I don't like to think of myself as old, but it is soon to be a reality. I'VE BEEN WAITING TO HAVE A FACELIFT ALMOST ALL MY LIFE! LOL. Anyway, My husband & I own a small company. He is retiring, and I won't be able to take the amount of time off to recoup that you need if I wait. So he is still going to wrk another year , give or take some, and now is my chance.
I am really scared. I am getting a Breast lift @ same time and the date is nearing. I'm nervous, and sometimes it crosses my mind to back out, BUT, I get on here, see other peoples pic's, hear their excitement, and say YES! This is what I want.

Final countdown.

1 more day, & 2 wakeups. I got caught out in the rain one day last week & Thursday my nose started running & throat started getting mildy sore. Called PS office and told them what was going on & and asked if I needed antibiotics to fill in the 3 day gap before I start taking them Sunday for surgery on Monday. Nurse said that it is probably upper resperitory congestion, and that antibiotics wouldn't do that any good. She said treat symproms and take tylenol. I've been taking this nasal decongestant ever since & am not responding too much.
I took my regular meds tonight,, 1 nasal decongestant, 2 Tylenol, then decided to take 1 antibiotic because I'm suppose to start tomorrow anyway, and this was 11:00 pm anyway. Boom right after the antbiotic, I started itching. I was hoping I wasn't going to have a bad allergic reaction because I was going to stick it out at home. I originally went to PS in March & appt was made for May 13. Dr recommende a chemical peel in upper lip chin area, so I postponed appt to August 26. Then got thinking about my work I get in & out of sun all day long, so cancelled chemical peel. I have been dreading surgery now since March. I want to get this OVER with, lol
I was trying to take pills with water & breath through nose, I couldn't, it was too stopped up to breath through. Then I decided on anti bioti. I can't remember if they gave me oxygen through nose, or mask that covers both. If my nose is still stopped up Monday morn, I will ask for the mask.
The 2 pictures I have on here aren't good 1's. I have my camera set on tripod & plan to take pic's tomarrow. I think I have it set so the camera will be in exact same spot for before & after pics. this will be while sitting on edge of bath tub. Then when I stand, the camera is in perfect spot to get pictures for my boobs, for Breast Lift being done same day.
One lady said I am brave for having 2 surgeries in 1 day. No I think I'm crazy actually.
When I had my eyelid surgery did, I wouldn't let myself watch a video of it being done to some one on You tube or anywhere else. After it was done, I watched a video of it, and said if I had seen it before my surgery, I might no have had it done, So, I can't wait to have this facelift done, so I can fianally watch being done on a video. Maybe then I'll think I'm brave. lol.

Last few pic's before big day

I tried to get better pictures for myself as well as for the website. I want to be able to critic my surgery the best I can, and maybe help someone else who is in the decision making or going through the process also.

Uhh, those last were a tad dark, here are some lighter 1's.

Cropped, fixin to stop.

It's TGIO!

Good it's over. Get bandages off on Wed.

It's TGIO

Get bandages off Wed.

Bandages removed tomorrow

I forgot to mention that my hubby said I had 2 drainage tubes on face. Halelujiah! They are wrapped inside my bandage. I wanted tham because they keep u from buising so bad. I'm anxious to see face now. Not feeling bad @ all I should be resting instead of paying bills and such. I slept wonderful through night, sitttng up in recliner, and I usually can't even sleeep on back. I made sure I drank a generic Ensure and sucked on crackers on way home so I could take pain meds immediately. AFter eyelid surgery I didn't eat when taking pills and I was in really bad shape. No photos till tomorrow.

Day 2 Post Op

Unwrapped my head, took 2 drains out. It looks good. Face still real swollen. I feel something squiggly in 1 cheek, maybe if I massage it it will go away.
Dr's office is about 45 miles from my house. Got really tired riding. Said I could take shower, but I bathed off before I left. I will probably shower in next couple hours. He did such a good job. I just love Dr. Pagadala. He always far exceeds my expectations.
People talk about flying out of country, shoot y'all ought to come to Ga.

Swelling

After I went & the Dr. loosened 2 stitches and pushed some fluid out from under my skin, to hair line & out, seems like it has swollen a little more under my eye. There isn't a squishing sound now, like yesterday, so I almost think that it is normal to be swollen & hard.
How many antibiotics did you all have? I think I just had 8. I asked him yesterday & he said I didn't need anymore.
Here is 2 pics I took this morning so I can compare & see if it looks much worse.
I welcome any ideas.

This is a long train ride

My hubby went to work Thur night, got back last night. This morning he said he could tell my swelling had gone down, I
gues I can too, that's 1 of the reasons for so many pictures. The bruisings showing up now. I forgot keep taking the Arnica Pills.
I took my last Celebrex last night (for swelling) and I have about 2 days left of pain pill. Uggh.
I've been able to sleep on left side 3 times, & right side 2 times. My face is hard & yes it hurts. I had asmall head coldstarting the end of last week. Now it reared it's head again. (It never went away). I think some of my antibiotics spent resources to my cold instead of my face. Anyway, I am a very impatient person. It almost killed me to sit here & try to watch TV every day. I've done a few minor things here & there, and I paid the price, but I can't just let stuff pile up. I put a roast in crock pot earlier, my Mom & Hubby were both here, and I said I hope someone is planning of cooking tonight.
I'm the kind of person that instead of asking someone else to do something, and them doing it too slow, or not the way I want it done, I jump up & do it myself. Supper should be interesting.
My face is hard, and it hurts and am probably going to really love my "new" face. My Dr. is so good.
I guess I hit the depression that everyone says you will hit. Well i't not because of my face. I am mourning my boobs! Lol, boo- who, lol, boo-who.

6 Days Post

Slept about 7 hrs last night. Slept on both sides alternately. Whew. I don't get restful sleep when I'm on my back, I'm just not a back sleeper. I did get up to pee probably about 3 times.
I got up and weighed, I weighed 3 lbs less than the last few days! Hooray!, maybe I'm peeing out some of thet fluid build up.
I'm getting used to the idea that I can't exactly move anyway I want, or I have a stabing pain. Small things like just leaning on counter & looking up, forgetting in shower & stretching neck to bath, OUCH! now that's an unpleasant suprise.
I'm so glad there is this sight to come to. I get on here & bitch & complain & you guys get on here & encourage me. I really appreciate it.
I hope everyone has a good holiday, and remember me in your prayers, :)

Stitches removed

After looking at these pic's, I should have gotten in shower & scrubbed to try to get more dried blood off before taking pictures. I will just post these and late in week better ones.

Stiches removed

Hit wrong button. I'm disappointed in the stitching behind left ear, my face also looks pulled from frontal view, and on right side you can see hard place that runs along jaw bone. There is also a small moustach shaped area I've noticed on others before. Gosh I hope this stuff doesn't take forever to correct itself , it it does. I was going to get a haircut, not now, glad I've still got it long to cover face up, lol!

Day 14 Post

Healing is slow. Still have the swollen area on left cheek, and mustach stech place on right cheeck. I started putting antibiotic ointment on incisions. Takeing too long to get well.

Mental setback

I have been positive about my facelift from the get go, until I saw picture of my mouth today. Thursday I was talking to someone and I said the word "premier", and I could feel my mouth felt weird. Last night when hubby was in bathroom, I showed him in mirror what my mouth does when I say "premier" I joked & we both laughed about it. Today when I took a picture of me saying the word, I freaked out!. The whole time I talk it isn't as noticable as when I say words with an "R" in them. I have a theory- I still have that streak of hardness in my left cheek. If it ever relaxes, my skin will be elastic enough that the left side of my lip can move when I pronounce r's. For now it is tight & doesn't let that side of lip move over teeth. Problem- the muscle in the right side of my upper lip is getting all the exersize & we all know exercised muscles are bigger. I'm afraid if this hardeness doen't go away soon, that that muscle will be like a dominant force. Like people who "favor" 1 leg, I will favor 1 side of my mouth. It is almost funny but not really when I realize that it may be permanent. That is 1 of the side effects of a facelift that my PS warned me of, is that your mouth may pull to 1 side.
I look great is my still shot. I like to talk so there is no chance of me being quite.

Mind a little at ease.

Went to see PS today because of stitches I found. Had 1 behind each ear, and a few above ears. I thnk that will help my left side relax so my mouth ewill quit going to 1 saide whn I say certain wors. He told me before surgery I had astrong smile. Today he told me it may take a month or a little more time for my mouth to quit going to 1 side. Relileved that it's not permanent. I cant stay out of public forever. Hd to go to grocery store Sat, and ran into a bundh of folks I knew. Folks at church are messaging me on Facebook telling me they miss me, and sending well wishes through my Hubby & Mom. Geesh.

Forgive me for spelling

My nails must be getting too long, my typing on last update was awful. I know I should always proof read.

Make up on

Today was the first day I put makeup on! I don't wear it everyday. I went to church. I smile broad so my l lip doesn't go crooked.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pagadala has been doing surgery over 35 yrs. He knows his business inside & out. I wouldn't trust anyone else as much as I trust him.