Nerves Of....jelly...- Columbus, OH

I am due to have my reduction Aug. 1st 2013! I am...

I am due to have my reduction Aug. 1st 2013! I am currently a 38J. My goal size is 38D. I haven't been a D since I was in middle school 18 years ago!!! I know it will help with the pain and strain, but I am worried about the post-op pain! I have 39 hours until my procedure and I still have not bought a "goal" bra. Im afraid my expectations are off and size definitely has me worried even though I am in great hands!!

Pre-op pics as promised

1st day post op

The pain isn't as excruciating as I thought it was going to, but it definitely is not comfortable! For the most part it feels like its burning-like touching an open wound. The drain lines hurt the most so I cant wait to get them out!! Other than that Im trying to relax which is the hardest part. I sat up in bed against pillows for three hours yesterday and I paid for it!! Word to the wise....rest rest rest!!! and the first shower sucks!! goodluck

6 days post op

Today is day 6 of post op! Everything is healing painfully slow, but still continuing! One of drain lines came unstitched Monday evening, so hubby helped me remove them (I know a big no no) BUT I didn't want them to fall out or cause any damage. Anyway...post op appointment is tomorrow :) I will post pics because they do get better, Im just trying to rest with a very active 4 yr old and now we have a took possession back of a pup from our last litter!! Sooo-rest we I come!!

19 days post op-Necrosis

Last Thursday I had to make an unscheduled visit to the PS. It was confirmed that I have necrosis of my left areola. I hoped it was just a blood blister and would heal itself, but no such luck. Now I am on Bactrim and Silvadene cream to fight any infection. The dead tissue is slower coming off with each gauze change-which is very gruesome :( There isn't a foul smell. I go back in on the 21st to see what my reg. PS plans to do. Im surprisingly calm about this whole situation.

Making slow but steady progress!

Its been 45 days since my operation. The necrotic tissue is gone and only a small hole remains. Its healing surprisingly fast, so it's still minor set back :)

Not what I expected!

I am almost 3 months post-op and still have a hole from the Necrosis :( The pain endured from the Necrosis is by far worse than the actual surgery/healing process. The pain is constant and at times feels like I have a dagger going through my nipple. With all the success stories I was hopeful mine would be too, but this is simply not the case. My PS was amazing at first and now seems to not care. I still have an obvious hole that shows the fatty part of the breast, the pain I go through daily is unreal and seems like I am stuck in a nightmare Ill never wake up from. The idea of sex makes me cringe simply because I don't want my husband seeing the hole and being turned off. This was a huge step for me considering how self conscience I was before the surgery. Now I have huge scars and a hole :'(
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

They may need to be at least talking about a reconstruction or a skin graft. My ps talked about a skin graft today, but we are going to wait a few weeks longer and see if my wound heals first. I have a big open area under my right breast.
Don't give up. I would contact your PS and tell him that this is not acceptable. You are in pain and he needs to help you. Hang in there, you poor thing. My heart goes out to you.
Thanks love! I am going to call him again tomorrow and see what he says. The antibiotic kick is old and with everything else going on I just really need relief. If I need to Ill be contacting the director of the office and/or anyone else I need to in order to get something done!
What does the ps say? I have a very troubled left nipple too, although the scab has not fallen off. My ps is saying to just let it do its thing. I am trying to be patient and it is very hard. If your ps does not talk sense can you get a second opinion from someone else?
My PS is being crappy and saying there shouldn't be any pain, so I am going to find a different PS and get a second opinion. The fact that he AND his partner think this kind of thing is normal is a scary thought! Im definitely not satisfied with them :( My patience is gone and my stubborn, strong will is kicking in :)
Try not to give up! You already look so much better than before, and if the wound healed, the scars are fading and you're going to love them! Don't loose hope!
Glad to see you are healing so well!
Candy, do you have any new pics. I have a couple of places too, and it helps to see how others are healing. :)
Best of luck on your healing. I love your positive attitude.
I'm so sorry to hear about your complication. By the looks of the photo, it's relatively contained to a small spot. They may be able to debride the skin to promote better healing. Keep us all posted and happy healing
So sorry about your set back. I to had a problem post op. I developed a blood clot and had to go back to the OR. Stay positive, things will improve with time. I am 4 months post op and feel great. No pain, minimal scaring. Hang in there!
You look so sore. I feel for you. Rest, rest, rest!
Sending positive and healing thoughts your way.
Best of Luck today! Thinking of you!!!!

Thinking about you this morning:)

I was going from a 38G to a D and was told to get a band size of 36.... But actually you should still get the same band size you are now if not one size bigger due to swelling. I had to close my sports bra with two safety pins till my mom went to store to get a bigger one..lol
I was terrified about the pain and honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was off the heavy meds by midnight the day of my surgery and to be honest, I probably could have done just as well with just tylenol. I was a little nauseous the afternoon of the surgery and the next day but that passed quickly. They asked me when I work up in surgery what my pain level was out of 10 and I told them 4 but it probably wasn't even as bad as that. To be honest, the worst part of it is the constipation. Be sure to have something on hand. It took me about a week using Miralax to get back to feeling like myself. Good luck tomorrow - I will be sending positive thoughts your way.
Hi There, I just had my reduction done last Tues June 23. I am doing fabulous! Check out my healing pics. As for pain I hardly had much. I didn't need pain med's in the hospital and when I got home only needed Tylenol and ice pack. I always say woman are use to having pain in certain areas. I would say to me it felt like worse case PMS boobs and BoTox boobs only cause they are so hard and tight. I am eating real healthy lots of fruits and veggies and taking real good vitamins and taking strolls for exercise. My biggest advice to you is I hope you are able to stay over night after surgery? I was very very sleepy and had nausea. My daughter stayed the night with me in the hospital and was a huge help to grab and reach things. I am very thankful my doctor kept me in over night. I would have not wanted to go home right away. If your not able to stay over ask your doctor for something if you should become nausea and have someone stay with you. A good loving person to pamper you is highly recommended. I am so thankful I had it done. Even being sore and swollen it feels like the world has been lifted off my chest LOL. Best of luck to you tomorrow and much healing!!!!!Keep us posted!!!!!!
Sorry I posted that date wrong. LOL It was last week July not June 23rd
I was worried about post-op pain too. I'm now about a day post-op and I can tell you that for me, I haven't been in much pain at all. The worst was about a 3 (1 no pain,10 omg I'm dying pain) right when I woke up in the recovery area at the surgical clinic, before they gave me pain meds. Other than that, it mostly feels like maybe I wore a badly fitting underwire bra for too long and it rubbed me raw - more of an uncomfortable irritation than pain really. I am being really diligent about taking all of my meds, just in case, and I'm icing a bit to help keep the swelling down, but really I've had many worse things happen to me (getting my wisdom teeth out was way more traumatic than this has been so far). But I've been getting around the house fine. My mom has been helping me manage my drains, but I think I can do it myself now. I've been getting in and out of bed and going to the bathroom by myself with no problems - even right after I got home from the surgery. Hopefully everything goes as well for you as it has been for me. For myself, if this is the worst of the pain (which doesn't at all measure up to the pain of having back spasms and the other problems I had before surgery), then this procedure will have been totally worth it for me. Best of luck to you!
Don't worry about the pain. I am a big baby and almost canceled mine the day before. So glad I didn't bc it was very minimal. A bit uncomfortable but so worth it. I went from a 36DDD to a 36C. Best decision of my life. In a few weeks you'll be laughing at yourself for being so scared. Best of luck. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.
Thanks so much! I am so glad I found a site with women who are more than willing to help others through this process. I have a 4 year old daughter who is constantly wanting on my lap so that may prove to be a little bit of an issue. Other than that everything is in place and 28 hours from now Ill be heading to the surgery center :)