Nerves Of....jelly...- Columbus, OH

I am due to have my reduction Aug. 1st 2013! I am...

I am due to have my reduction Aug. 1st 2013! I am currently a 38J. My goal size is 38D. I haven't been a D since I was in middle school 18 years ago!!! I know it will help with the pain and strain, but I am worried about the post-op pain! I have 39 hours until my procedure and I still have not bought a "goal" bra. Im afraid my expectations are off and size definitely has me worried even though I am in great hands!!

Pre-op pics as promised

1st day post op

The pain isn't as excruciating as I thought it was going to, but it definitely is not comfortable! For the most part it feels like its burning-like touching an open wound. The drain lines hurt the most so I cant wait to get them out!! Other than that Im trying to relax which is the hardest part. I sat up in bed against pillows for three hours yesterday and I paid for it!! Word to the wise....rest rest rest!!! and the first shower sucks!! goodluck

6 days post op

Today is day 6 of post op! Everything is healing painfully slow, but still continuing! One of drain lines came unstitched Monday evening, so hubby helped me remove them (I know a big no no) BUT I didn't want them to fall out or cause any damage. Anyway...post op appointment is tomorrow :) I will post pics because they do get better, Im just trying to rest with a very active 4 yr old and now we have a took possession back of a pup from our last litter!! Sooo-rest we I come!!

19 days post op-Necrosis

Last Thursday I had to make an unscheduled visit to the PS. It was confirmed that I have necrosis of my left areola. I hoped it was just a blood blister and would heal itself, but no such luck. Now I am on Bactrim and Silvadene cream to fight any infection. The dead tissue is slower coming off with each gauze change-which is very gruesome :( There isn't a foul smell. I go back in on the 21st to see what my reg. PS plans to do. Im surprisingly calm about this whole situation.

Making slow but steady progress!

Its been 45 days since my operation. The necrotic tissue is gone and only a small hole remains. Its healing surprisingly fast, so it's still minor set back :)

Not what I expected!

I am almost 3 months post-op and still have a hole from the Necrosis :( The pain endured from the Necrosis is by far worse than the actual surgery/healing process. The pain is constant and at times feels like I have a dagger going through my nipple. With all the success stories I was hopeful mine would be too, but this is simply not the case. My PS was amazing at first and now seems to not care. I still have an obvious hole that shows the fatty part of the breast, the pain I go through daily is unreal and seems like I am stuck in a nightmare Ill never wake up from. The idea of sex makes me cringe simply because I don't want my husband seeing the hole and being turned off. This was a huge step for me considering how self conscience I was before the surgery. Now I have huge scars and a hole :'(
Columbus Plastic Surgeon