Tummy Tuck, Lipo and Mons Reduction age 52, 5"1, 128 lbs

I had 2 children, the last pregnancy being a...

I had 2 children, the last pregnancy being a C-Section, 21 years ago. I have not been able to lose the pouch above the C-Section Scar , I had my surgery Friday and went fo a follow up today, this has actually been better than I expected, I had worked myself up so terribly ,Dr Heck said I needed to rest and have been moving around too much .

Day 5 , I am 52 , 5"1 and 128 lbs at time of TT Surgery

up and down emotions, be sure you take all the help that is offered to you , if you are someone who hates to ask for help, DO IT ANYWAY, the company and help will not only help from a physical stand point but also emotional . It is easy when you are not feeling well to let your mind run wild , we are not crazy , it is worth it and we will feel sooo good about ourselves

Day 6 ~ Taking shape

Everything is taking shape, and my mental state is feeling alittle back to normal , you know how that feels right ? when reality sets in to the world going on out there as I have been indulging in my new found FLAT , CUTE belly ! makes me think of the movie National Lampoon Christmas Vacation,, when the Gal ( in Chevy Chase dreams , is on the diving board) well that will be ME , except i have short hair, short torso but my belly will be FLAT ! I am calling the doctor today , my pain meds make me really jittery , and I really only need 1-2 a day so that is good, but... I also need SLEEP, sleep makes everything better. I am searching for ideas on how to shower without effecting my drain tubes or incision, Who has any great ideas ? I plan to post pictures today !

New Pictures of my soon to be smokin Hot FLAT Belly

Today was GREAT , best yet, my attitude , my energy , my mind was all synced. I go tomorrow to possibly get 1 drain tube out and not sure how long before the other. I showered !!! AHHHHH it felt sooo good, I used a 13 gallon trash bag with waterproof medical tape and taped it tight under my arms, and used a handheld sprayer, I feel normal again. Hope to sleep really good and looking forward to the best is yet to come, My belly feels good, I can really tell I am healing as the incision is sooo tight. I am anxious to stop this compression band also , it feels like it is irritating my skin when it rubs against my stomach :( ta ta for now !

I week ago today , I was coming home from my TT Surgery

Woo hoo, 1 week down ! Went I today , 1drain tube out and 1 to go, I will not rush it, I am told it helps with fluid build up and takes the swelling down :) to make our belly look even better . I feel like a new woman today , sooo much swelling has went down , they cut my CB to fit better ! They say I am doing great, slept really good last night, gals rest and sleep is mandatory for good healing :) , picked up Lunch on our way home, the sun is shining , it's a good day , it only gets better from here's, I can't wait to sport a new shirt TUCKED in, no more hiding rolls !

Slow it down , don't over due it too soon

Today was beautiful , feeling good, went for a pedicure and manicure and lunch with my honey (husband :) and home for a 2 hour nap , big football game tonight , had a friend over and whoops over did it, I feel sore , I used my stomach muscles too much and too much up and down, will rest tomorrow . I weighed myself today and I can tell my swelling is down as the scale reflected it. Pray for a good night sleep and tomorrow is a new day ! Sleep tight ....

The best is yet to come !!! Today is Sabbatical no work , just relax !

Oh my goodness ! I need no other reading today, I love you girls , i have found a new friend on here from Florida, her pictures give me sooo much hope.PHARMASALES , I did way too much yesterday , but it HURT sooo GOOD (john cougarmellencamp song) , I was up way too late and bent over way too much, my stomach muscles actually ache . But great minds think alike , I think LLb or BBNM told me to wear a cami , well being the rule master I am , I did , tool 2 Tylenol and a small tiny pill that worked and I slept like a baby , I am sure my over exertion had something to do with it ,the Sun is shining, another beautiful day ! God I sooo good, he chose this month of the year, this day and time for me to recover and I am so grateful , I can't wait to heal,heal , heal and fly to Marco Island and lay on my Lanai with my new found love , my belly.... Off to drink more coffee ,

Day 11, it's all uphill from here :) I feel Good ( James Brown >

Today is Monday , I have 11 days as a Tummy Tucker :) , feeling great , woke up today and I almost feel normal , no pain , I feel like I could go back to work part time, and run a few errands, bank , post office :) Can you tell reality is setting in, being on bed rest and on Real Self , I get so consumed I forget there is a world going on out there LOL, I plan to take new pictures today , Appt with my PS tomorrow , hoping to get clearance to drive . Someone asked me this morning how I was feeling and I said great , I honestly can say the first 3 days for me was the hardest , emotionally and physically, and I questioned What have I done ? day 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 & 11, I am so flippin excited ! To achieve the results I have wanted for so many years and when you stack menopause on top of frustration of not being able to lose the belly. DING DING , I am a winner, my mother is heaven sooo proud of me, I carry my weight just as she did , and she would have loved to have had the opportunity to treat herself to a TT. I am so excited I didn't wait any longer and I can have the next 50 years or LONGER to enjoy the Flat Side, my PS said do you remember what you looked like at 17 , I said how could I forget HELLO, he said well your belly will look like that, BRING IT ON! Time for another cup of Coffee, I thank God for this website and connecting with all you girls , this has been amazing to share all our hearts , nude pics etc.... LOL Have a Great day!

Day 12 , Visit to My PS and favorite nurse !!

This morning I woke up feeling better than yesterday , each day is getting better , Visit to Dr Heck , and his partner in crime Nurse Nicole (my favorite) , she has put up with me and been so kind. They both say I am doing really well, I have some swelling ( imagine that) although this is normal, continue to wear my spanx body gear for compression, and rub the hard areas. I still have 1 drain and I am soooo ok with that, would prefer long as necessary . My incision looks fabulous and I am feeling great ! My go to friends LLB & BBNM , thanks for answering all my questions and letting me take this journey with you , Looking foward to seeing you ringside at the Mud Wrestle in your Itty bItty yellow polkadot bikini :) Crack me up ! I am promising pictures tomorrow >.

Moving On Up !!! Day 13

Today was good, mall shopping, very little swelling, Lunch ,energy level is great ! alittle sore from the Lipo, hoping to get last drain out tomorrow , I am not having very mush drainage at all. Loaded pictures, I hope it is just that I am a bad photographer! I have no figure , hoping it will continue to take shape . Anxious to wear some cute clothes again. This weekend is a busy one , so I would like to look good and feel good at the same time, pray the nurse calls me and get me in , or I may have to take this thing out myself. It doesnt seem like it is that hard .LOL
Many of you had your surgerys today , anxious to hear from you.

more pics

I hit the button to fast ,

2 Weeks PO , Drain removed, feeling good , QUESTIONS my RealSelf Friends ?

Friday was 2 weeks since my surgery, my 2nd drain tube was removed, I wear my CB 23 out of 24 hours, I am feeling great ! Anxious to feel comfortable in clothes again :) Spent the day at the Soccer Field with my daughter , walked some , but rested also , it was pretty most of the day , That felt good to be back to the real world again , I hope all of you are healing quickly and easily!
Just booked a trip to Florida ,very excited to walk the beach and reflect.
I notice many postings about drinking alot of water and swelling, How long does the swelling last ? I go up and down, and I have never been good about my water intake doing better since my surgery. The nurse didnt mention increasing my water intake ? Also is swelling automatic with Lipo and is there a period of time you could expect to have it ? My appetite is definately decreased , is this normal ?

20 days po , where are the days going ???

Feeling great, went to the Surgeon yesterday , had to have fluid aspirated ,no pain , I think it is better than having a drain tube, as others have said drinking more water helps get rid of the retention . I hope to post pictures tomorrow . I am conditioning myself to do alittle relax, alittle relax. Etc..... I am still alittle swollen, trying to fit in jeans is alittle frustrating. I am dying to go shopping , new panties, jeans and cute TUCKED in shirts . I have learned from this site , that size has nothing to do with it, when we all put it in perspective , it is the same feeling for all of us ,large ,small or medium build . My flat side has not been noticed by anyone, or even a hey you look like you have lost weight :( , need to be wearing clothes that are more flattering LOL , I have loved reading the posts of all of you that are scheduled and the excitement in your posts . IT IS SOOO worth IT ! Don't doubt yourself .

Tomorrow is 3 weeks , HARD to believe :)

Today was weird , I felt tired, I think I over do it and then have to catch up on resting, Thank God I work from home :) Sooo I bought ANOTHER compression garment , felt good initally and then it starts to feel to tight and my hip bones start to hurt , back to the Surgeons band , I just need to find something comfortable to wear , after going to dinner and sitting abit, I get up to leave and I have to walk hunched over :( , soooo flippin excited I just want to shop and wear clothes. Leave for sand and palm trees in 1 week. Sound like all our gals are doing great !! Gonna grab my camara and uplaod some pics and tomorrow I promise I will actually have clothes on :) Love ya , sleep tight!

New belly button revealed and 3 weeks today PO .

Here are my new pics , I actually will post some with clothing on :) so you can see how flat my stomach is, I am hoping my belly button is still taking shape ? And I guess my figure has always been that straight up and down on my sides , I really want a tiny bit of a waist , like alittle indention to show I have one . I am back sleeping in my own bed for 5 nights now, going well, I can sleep on both sides , my hubby thinks I am doing great , although he continues to remind me , this is a long recovery :) I am not one to sit and wait , I have things to do , people to see and SHOPPING to do , LOL Florida bound this time next week to our 2nd home , that will be very relaxing and Vitamin D is soooo good for the soul ! I have been wearing my CG 24/7 ,and I don't see any swelling or fluid retention since he last aspirated on Tuesday . Guess that is good :) , hoping for a beautiful weekend, and everyday is better and better !

Day 23 PO , Sunday Sabbatical today , woo hoo !!

Well Saturday , ummmm I was a bit moody and trying to figure out how I am going to walk straight and when !! I tried a muscle relaxer , can't do them !! I don't like the way the make me feel , although I slept great last night , for those of you that have children ,Do you remember the first time your baby slept through the night and you woke up FREAKED out , thinking oh my I just slept through while my baby slept , WELL I had that same feeling today although , I woke up on my back , legs straight and didn't have that uncomfortable pulling effect !! Sooo flippin excited ,I get out of bed and trying not to be too optimistic , but at least initially I am able to walk straight up with little discomfort or pulling, Could it be ?? We will see as the day goes on. Plan to run to kohls , Macy's etc... Sun is shining , beautiful outside and it's a new day ! Thank you to all of you my special friends for being on here ! make it a great day !

25 PO , updated pictures :) feeling excited

Friday will be 1 month since I moved .... To the flat side , energy level is good , feeling much better , I am able to walk straight , see my PS on Thursday and I am still wearing some form of compression, hoping he will agree that My fluid retention is good and I can start to go without it more often . My clothes are very loose :) waiting to buy anything new until I know better of what I should be buying, too fun. I have posted new pics as of today , stomach shots, bathing suit pic ( I found on clearance) while shopping for spanx and dress pic

Wasn't finished :( more pics

4 weeks PO, Palm Trees and SUN , amazing !

Well I am here ! Saw my PS before I left (Thursday ) he extradited fluid from my belly, said I can walk, no bike riding :( , still need to wear compression , I have yet o find one I LOVE , LOL . My pants are either falling down from loss of weight or the slickness of the fabric of my spanx , I am down 5 lbs , and does anyone else notice this but now that I have lost my belly my boobs look huge !!! LOL. I notice my energy levels up and down , I really over did it today , shopping with my sister in law , and up and down, and I start to feel really tight , when I get tired and overdo it . My appetite is back full force , need to pay attention and be sure and eat healthy. No real complaints, I just would prefer not o retain fluid so I can stop wearing his garment . Hope everyone is feeling well, many of you just had your surgery , hope you are on the upswing , it is WORTH it , never doubt :) picture to be posted Monday .

Back to Reality :) 5 weeks PO .

Back from Palm Trees ,Sand and 85 degree weather TO cloudy, gray and 45 degree weather :( Nice ,relaxing , therapeutic visit . I am now 5 weeks , Sertoma has slowed way down ,swelling up and down , new pics to post not sure we can tell a difference , my scar and stomach looks better to me than the pictures , but.... As they say pics don't lie , See my PS Thursday , never been so excited to see a doctor so much, and will start my Scar Treatment today .

Pops more pics

November 20 can't come soon enough , back in 3 weeks :) My recovery will be further along and am hopingI can ride a bike, paddle board and start playing !!!

New pics tomorrow :(

The operator on my cell phone doesn't take very good pictures -ME , lol will use my camara . hope all is resting and healing well.

5 1/2 weeks PO , New pics , improving everyday !

I am getting very excited to see my PS on Thursday , I don't feel or look like I am having any fluid retention , and it seems like my swelling is at a minimal , can that be possible ? I had a physical today with my General physician , and nothing like being reaffirmed by another Doctor , he couldn't believe how well I am doing with my recovery and how I could move about ,and I had my annual pap , He was concerned he would hurt me, I did GREAT woo hoo, he said my scar is healing very nicely . I took more pictures as the last one were not clear , I wish I still had my before picture on my iPad so I could do the sidebyside pictures , I must have gotten nervous and deleted them :( if anyone knows how to get them from the top so I can compare side by side , teach me. I need CLOTHES , not sure when I should do this , but... I also am going to take some of my favorite jeans in to be altered and of course buy new ones also:) , thanks for all the support on here and love reading all your reviews :)

7 1/2 weeks !!! Life back to normal and get to Shop for new clothes !,

Well almost 8 weeks , AMAZING what 2 months will do ! I don't go back to the PS until January , no more fluid :) looking good he says ! Ok to work out with the exception of ABS , energy is back, my stomach feels really tight in the mornings and late afternoon, does that mean I am swelling ? My waist has went down , my weight has went down , but .., will need to be careful my appetite is back ! It's interesting since I am short and was still within goal weight, no one has mentioned they can see weight loss, which is great !! Proves it was all in my stomach and I did a good job hiding it , I soooo badly have to figure this side by side thing, I want to compare , here are new pics , my honey said what happened to your belly button, he must not think its cute , but I actually like it better than my old one.

3 1/2 months

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year , I have been preoccupied with the holidays , where do I begin , I am trying hard to lose more weight , my clothes fit great! stomach flat , I was down to 123 after surgery , although with feeling better and appetite back also comes weight gain, I now understand the whole swelling concept,mine do swell and it is is hard to determine why or when it may happen, I am very anxious for that to subside, it's interesting how your boobs look bigger when your stomach is flatter . I was told by another yummy tucker , if you gain weight it will be in other areas other than the site where the surgery was performed . I am still hoping to see my results get better , I am pleased would do it again , have felt it is worth it. I will take pics this week and load , it will be interesting to see if we see much difference . Ta ta for now ! Curious for feedback on how others felt at this point in your journey ?

4 months PO updated pictures

I notice when I am swollen my belly button looks off center , has the swelling pertrudes and makes my stomach not look even , this was taken in the morning , trying to eat healthy and incorporate exercise
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

LOVE Him, he has a great bedside manner, perfection, and caring. He also did a breast reduction for me and Laser Bra Lift in 2007 . I was very scared to move forward with my Tummy Tuck and Dr Heck and Nicole have put up with me , not for 1, not 2, but 3 consults for a Tummy Tuck over the last 5 years . I was determined at my 3rd consult , to get every question answered AGAIN , and left that day and called in and scheduled my surgery the day after my 52nd birthday . Life is short , i didnt want to take 1 more day delaying what i have wanted for so long. Dr Heck is sensitive to your concerns ,He is meticulious, Nicole (nurse) & staff has been well trained,personable, and very attentive. Answers all questions and concerns through phone or email. Be prepared to follow YOUR surgeons orders, we are strong women and sometimes want to make all the decisions :) ,

Hello my friend, I'm back on RealSelf. LOL. I've started posting since the first of the year...planning chapter 2 my B@@bs.....a long over due reduction ....oh I created a photo profile...so I can have before and after shots :-) the naked truth How are you doing ? Your pictures look good your sound pleased...how has life been treating youy friend? I kinda fell off the grid for a while since I got back from Ireland , my healing from my TT has been good my scar is still dark in areas.... I'd been plagued with chronic hives....I've been trying deal with these on and off way to much so I stopped posting for awhile. I'm taking chill pills for anxiety they are helping thank goodness I am preparing to have a Breast-Lift-reduction 2/12/1014. OMG when I see it written out I realized its about 9 days off. I am also getting more Lipo on my right flank area one side is smaller than the other since my original Lipo ....along with a revision Dog Ear on the edge of my incision. Be in touch I've been thinking about you (((Hugs))) LiveLoveBelieve
You're looking great! I understand the issue of gaining a little weight when that appetite kicks in and have gained a few pounds too many. SO I'm trying hard to eat less and to be as active as possible.
great to hear from you , how are you feeling ? do you still swell.
Maybe just a little. I feel great and I no longer tire quickly like I did those first couple of months post op. It's been over four months and I think I'm ALMOST completely healed. I have a bit of tightness and numbness still in my middle, lower abdomen and that's about all that's different than BEFORE surgery.
Also, HONESTLY, you look great! We are our own WORST critic. But, I'm sure, wherever you are seeing/feeling jiggly, you'll be able to get it under control. To me, it doesn't show. Take care and rock on!!!
GORGEOUS! Thanks for the update. Good for you for taking care of your beautiful new bod. Can't wait for my sx, want it to be DONE ;-O
Wow brilliant results !! Look at u!!
Ps ur bb looks gr8!!
You look awesome...
Hey there! Thanks for swinging by my profile. Would love to see updated pics of you. Glad you continue to be happy you did this. HUGS
Pics , need honest opinion, need to lose alittle more weight :(
Looking good!!!!
U look gr8:-)
Wow! You can hardly even notice the tt scar. You look fantastic!
You look phenomenal! Your BB looks great! Your scar looks great too. Mine has looked the same for weeks and doesn't seem to want to lighten up on the one side. But who cares? NOT me!! Nobody but me sees it and one of these days it will be light and almost invisible!
I think your scar is looking good. Keep using the scar treatment. And you look amazing!! :-)
You are not an old broad remember women are like fine wine we get better as we age become more valuable .:)
With lots of life experience we're WISER too!!!
Looking better all the time. I'm 4 weeks post breast reduction, doing good. Couple small spots not completely closed, rest of incisions doing GREAT. thinking about TT...asked my doc, he said I could do it as soon as the girls are healed and I feel ready (approx 3 months post BR). I will NOT be within 20 lbs of goal weight by then, I don't think, and that's what everyone says is good. I carry my weight evenly all over (not just in tummy), so even if I continue losing weight after TT, doc doesn't think it will affect the TT adversely. What are your thoughts?
You look awesome ! I am so impressed with how little you seem to swell ! It is inspiring !
Gosh ! Thank you , affirmation helps, as you know when we look at ourselves we see something different , I am pleased and ready to shop for clothes,
Bangin' bod! I can't believe the difference between preop and post op! You are a poster child for this surgery!
Thank you, I am trying to get the side by side app work , so I actually can see them next no to each other , as I am sure I don't see what you see LOL
WOW, your results are amazing and your scar is perfect. Your doc did an amazing job.. Congrats on your lovely TT!
Thank you , thank you, it is always nice to get an unbiased opinion :)