One Week Post Op Tummy Tuck - Columbia, MO

I am 35, one week post op and feeling pretty good....

I am 35, one week post op and feeling pretty good. I am 5'6 and weighed about 165...I was told the Dr. took a little over 5 lbs off...yikes! The first day was bad due to being sick from anestisia and pain meds. Throwing up after a TT is NOT fun, but really this was my only issue. I do think I have a high tolerance for pain, but so far it has not been bad, I have not taken pain meds since surgery other than Tylenol. The drains are the most annoying part, but understand their importance. I had the surgery November 5th and went back to work on November 12. I try to only work half days and take a lot of breaks. I am a real estate agent so I can be fairly flexible. For all those considering...go for it. The initial worries are the worst, after that you are golden.

Infection

These are pictures of the progression of the infection which I thought was bruising. Please even though the pictures are named day 1-13...they are not nocessarily specific days. I do change my underwear...lol. so you can see the days based on that.

on the mend

Finally on the mend! Feeling good:)I have a couple of days left of the antibiotic and still packing the wound but that is heading also. All seems well!

Finally Healed!

It is refreshing to be in this so called final week of healing. I do NOT have to pack my wound anymore, I just have a band-aid covering the opening. Swelling is up and down, but nothing out of the ordinary. My energy level and overall well being has sky rocketed in the last week (which would be week 6 post op). I cannot say enough good things about my doctor. He sees me at a moments notice Sundays, evenings, doesn't matter. I would love to get back on the treadmill. What kind of workouts is everyone doing? I don't want to do too much too soon and set me back again. This is the first full week I have felt good.

Wow how time flies

I cannot believe I am approaching the 3 month mark. I feel great and actually am starting to see definition in my ab muscles! It was such a long road getting to this point and my scar actually starting spitting after all of the drama with the staph infection. We booked a trip to Mexico in March so I started tanning! I am using spf 110 on the scar as I am not suppose to get ANY sun/uv on it. Anyone else doing the same? Also, I saw the Dr. on Monday and he mentioned he will be fixing the dog ear on my left side. Does anyone else have dog ears and will your Dr. fix them...if so when and what is the process...anyone??
Columbia Plastic Surgeon