I finally did it! - Columbia, MO

I am 23 years old have 2 kids 5'3 100lbs. I'm a...

I am 23 years old have 2 kids 5'3 100lbs. I'm a 34a now hoping to be a big b or small c. I have wanted a breast augmentation for as long as I can remember! I'm done having kids now so I think now is the time to finally do it. I know a few girls who have had theirs done & they referred me to their doctor, they both loved him & their boobies look great! Monday will be my first consultation with him & I cannot wait! I'm really hoping to get my surgery done within the next month but we will see...

Mood killer!

So one of my family members promised to let me borrow the money to get my boobs done & now a few days before my consultation they have changed their mind. So needless to say I'm not in a good mood today...I have some money saved up that I was going to use during the time I was off work, I could use that money but it's still not enough to pay for all of the surgery. I'm am so ready to get this surgery done & way to impatient to save up for it. How did everyone else get theirs done that didn't already have the money saved up?

Consultation!

Ok ladies so I had my consultation today & it went great! The doctor & nurse were both very nice & informative. They answered all of my questions & my friends (she actually asked more questions than I did lol) I decided on 350cc which I'm thinking now I may want 375cc since I'm going under the muscle...Just don't want them to look to big & fake on my tiny body. I'm pretty sure I am going with Twilight sedation has anyone else done this?

Yay!

After lots of stressing I finally have the money to pay for my BA! I couldn't be more happy! Now I just have to go pay for it & set up my surgery date :)

I have set a date!

Had pre op today & decided on the 400s I'm still not sure that's what I want though. Sometimes I feel like 400s are going to be to & other times I feel like they won't be big enough weird....Surgery is scheduled for August 15 so 2 weeks 3 days from now. Anyone have any advice to give my before surgery or suggestions of things I will need after surgery?

One week from today I will have boobs!

In 7 days I will have big boobs! Doesn't even seem real yet but I am starting to get a little nervous about it... mostly because I don't know what to expect with twilight sedation. I'm not scared about waking up & seeing what's going on (I actually think it would be kinda cool) I'm mostly worried about being in pain the entire time. I usually handle pain pretty well but this is a totally different experience for me but I know it will be worth it in the end :)

Good luck to all of the other ladies with upcoming surgeries.

1 day!

I am having my BA tomorrow! Hospital just call and said to be there at 7:15 a.m. I'm so scared...not really about the surgery anymore but about how much pain I will be in afterwards. So glad it's finally here though! I will try to update tomorrow.

Did it!

It's finally over! Got to the hospital at 7:15 started surgery at 9:15 and made it back home by 2:00 (had an hour drive home) It wasn't near as bad as I had thought it was going to be. I did end up doing the twilight sedition and it was great! I highly recommend it. I'm not in to much pain right now just a little sore & tight. I think they already look great so can't to see them after they D&F. I will be posting pics soon. Thanks to all the ladies who have given me great advice & been there to talk to about it.

Pain

Now I know why your not supposed to let your pain meds ware of. I feel asleep & didn't take anything before & omg I am in so much pain now!

Pics!

I think they look pretty good so far.
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

How was going back to work? I am also a waitress and barista and wanted to know how long you had to wait and what it was like. I REALLY want a BA since right now I can afford it and I always see woman saying don't wait, but I just got this job Monday and have received wonderful hours and don't want to mess that up with having to take 2 weeks off. So just curious as to how that all went for you?? Xoxo!!
The girls look amazing! hope your feeling better!
Thank you! Feeling better now :)
Looking great so far!!! Happy healing.
Thanks! I love them already!
Cant wait to see your results...good luck glad you got an early appt
So excited for you!!!
Thank you!
you should ask your doctor for a list of what to do before and after surgery... are you talking about preparation?
Preparation... Like will I need to get ice packs, sports bras, button up shirts, ect.
Ill tell you my preparation that my doctor told me about. This is something my doctor wants me to do: shower in dial antibacterial soap before surgery & dont use any lotion or perfumes. You need to clean all your bed sheets and your room & house so its a good clean environment when you get home, wear some yoga pants & a zip up hoody for surgery because its more comfortable to use since you will be in pain after. They should provide with a grandma looking right after (ask your surgeon), you sill need a sports bra later on & i recommend wearing a sports bra every night even after you heal to maintain your boobies (i have a friend who does that & she has has her implants for 5 years now & her breast still look amazing), my surgeon suggested getting 4 packs of frozen peas rather than ice (2 to on each breast and the other 2 frozen to use after the other 2 melt) you might want to get colace for constipation, eat lots of yogurt after its good bacteria your body will need & you might want to also take acidophilus for which its a probiotic. You will need like 4 pillows because you can't sleep laying down. I think thats all i got lol
Can i ask what you are doing to pay for it??? You can pm me if you feel more comfortable
Good Luck! Hopefully it comes up soon!
Thanks! The nurse said I should be able to get in about 3 weeks after paying so that's not too long of a wait.
Looks like we will be going to thru it together
I see that... how exciting!
You could take out a loan but may need to to have collateral, credit cards or your surgeon may have someone or someplace that finances thru them....some doctors us CareCredit. You can apply online and find out if you are approved. It is much like a credit card. I didn't do any of these I just pulled $ out of savings. You don't need a long recovery time. Just depends on your job. I'm only raking a week off, but some take only a few days

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! Here is a list of questions to ask your PS during your consult. Let us know how your consult goes on Monday!

Very helpful! Thank you!
Looking forward to the update
You are about my size! My surgery is July 11th! Good luck!
Thank you & good luck tomorrow!
Keep us updated!!
Good luck at your consultation! Keep us updated on how it goes!
Thank you :) I definitely will!