Waited 21 Years to Get This Done - Southern Colorado

I am a 44 year old mother, and grandmother and...

I am a 44 year old mother, and grandmother and Wife. Yes, I know, young grandmother. I had my children at age 18 and 22, both C-Sections. So for most of my adult life I've had the c-section belly. I've gained and lost weight over the years and have finally come to a time in my life where I'm am healthy, happy and ready to do the things for me that I've put off for years. I have 3 consultations in the coming weeks with reputable Surgeons in my area. I'm beyond excited!! I've been reading most of your blog posts and mentally I couldn't be more ready to do this. I will update this blog as I go. First consult 4/19/2012. Wish me luck!

from what im reading i will eat very lite day before surgery, jello, yogurt, water, etc.
i would like to know also what i need for after the surgery i am going to talk to nurse more about it, i plan on having some sweat pants/shorts handy and pillows to walk with and someone mentioned a riser seat for the toilet, is this necessary? also my doc said i didnt need to do any special diet several days before surgery but i hear others say they did liquid diet, he said i could but was not necessary and they will give me laxatives.
okay keep us updated, im waiting to get my surgery date, they are calling me back this afternoon, im so nervous had to take a nerve pill last night also have quit smoking recently so that doesnt help either for my nerves. I so hope this is worth it. I have walked around today some bent over to see what my back is going to feel like, hope the pain meds work well for me is all i can say.

Dr. says No on the tummy tuck right now :/.. I'm a...

Dr. says No on the tummy tuck right now :/.. I'm a little disappointed, but understand the reason why, I'm just so darn impatient.
Ok, I'll give a little more background. In the past 21 years I've gained and lost weight many times. In July of 2011 I hit my all time high of 240lbs. I'm 5'6 and have a large frame, broad shoulders and very large breasts(38F). In the past 7 months I have lost 50lbs from eating clean, weight training, running and overall just changing my bad habits. Since I'm still on my weight loss journey (about 30 more lbs to go) The Dr. says my results will not be satisfactory if I lose a lot more weight after I have a TT.
On the bright side of things, I've started the ball rolling on having my breast reduction which is tentatively scheduled for 6/27/2012. God willing, it's in the hands of my insurance company now.
On that note, I'll keep you posted on both the breast reduction, my weight loss and TT.

Are you going to continue with your other consults to see if another Dr. Will do your TT? Ive seen people post on here who weigh more, but are approved. I guess I dont totally get hoe Dr's determine who is a candidate or not.
I've lost 50 lbs in the past 8 months, and have another 30 to go. I'm completely confident that the Dr. is right about me losing more weight before I have the TT. If I continue to lose weight after the TT, I may have sagging skin. I appreciate the Dr.'s honesty and trust what he says is right.
Congrats on the weight loss!!!!

I haven't had the TT yet.