Waited 21 Years to Get This Done - Southern Colorado

I am a 44 year old mother, and grandmother and...

I am a 44 year old mother, and grandmother and Wife. Yes, I know, young grandmother. I had my children at age 18 and 22, both C-Sections. So for most of my adult life I've had the c-section belly. I've gained and lost weight over the years and have finally come to a time in my life where I'm am healthy, happy and ready to do the things for me that I've put off for years. I have 3 consultations in the coming weeks with reputable Surgeons in my area. I'm beyond excited!! I've been reading most of your blog posts and mentally I couldn't be more ready to do this. I will update this blog as I go. First consult 4/19/2012. Wish me luck!

Dr. says No on the tummy tuck right now :/.. I'm a...

Dr. says No on the tummy tuck right now :/.. I'm a little disappointed, but understand the reason why, I'm just so darn impatient.
Ok, I'll give a little more background. In the past 21 years I've gained and lost weight many times. In July of 2011 I hit my all time high of 240lbs. I'm 5'6 and have a large frame, broad shoulders and very large breasts(38F). In the past 7 months I have lost 50lbs from eating clean, weight training, running and overall just changing my bad habits. Since I'm still on my weight loss journey (about 30 more lbs to go) The Dr. says my results will not be satisfactory if I lose a lot more weight after I have a TT.
On the bright side of things, I've started the ball rolling on having my breast reduction which is tentatively scheduled for 6/27/2012. God willing, it's in the hands of my insurance company now.
On that note, I'll keep you posted on both the breast reduction, my weight loss and TT.

I haven't had the TT yet.

Are you going to continue with your other consults to see if another Dr. Will do your TT? Ive seen people post on here who weigh more, but are approved. I guess I dont totally get hoe Dr's determine who is a candidate or not.
I've lost 50 lbs in the past 8 months, and have another 30 to go. I'm completely confident that the Dr. is right about me losing more weight before I have the TT. If I continue to lose weight after the TT, I may have sagging skin. I appreciate the Dr.'s honesty and trust what he says is right.
Congrats on the weight loss!!!!
Thank you all for just being here, as no one else understands, it must have been meant for me to find this blog at this time..................
well hopefully is your sister can survive two tummy tucks i can survive one, lol, good luck to you
Thank you Kathy.
well sounds as if you found a good doctor that would tell you the truth, so that is a positive thing, keep us updated on the breast reduction. i did have breast reduction by liposuction however ny breasts were smaller than yours and they can only do so much, i dont know anything about breast reduction surgery however when my breasts got smaller i was MUCH happier, good luck with everything.
Hello, thank you for writing to me, it really helps, wow so glad i found this site. so did your sister and siter in law both feel like it was totally worth it like 4-5 months later and did they actually look much better? I will keep updates coming, thank you, did you hvae yours yet or are you waiting also, i cant remember. thanks kathy
Yes and they both look great!! I work out with my sister in law who had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, and I'm so envious at how great she looks.
My sister had the same procedures done and had a child after her first tummy tuck, needless to say she had to have another one, but she too is very happy with the results.
from what im reading i will eat very lite day before surgery, jello, yogurt, water, etc.
Hi Kathy, I'm interested in reading about you TT journey. I'm sure you will completely satisfied after your TT. Both my sister and sister in law have had TT's and breast augmentation and they love their results. Good luck and I look forward to reading your updates.
i would like to know also what i need for after the surgery i am going to talk to nurse more about it, i plan on having some sweat pants/shorts handy and pillows to walk with and someone mentioned a riser seat for the toilet, is this necessary? also my doc said i didnt need to do any special diet several days before surgery but i hear others say they did liquid diet, he said i could but was not necessary and they will give me laxatives.
okay keep us updated, im waiting to get my surgery date, they are calling me back this afternoon, im so nervous had to take a nerve pill last night also have quit smoking recently so that doesnt help either for my nerves. I so hope this is worth it. I have walked around today some bent over to see what my back is going to feel like, hope the pain meds work well for me is all i can say.

Welcome to RealSelf!   So glad you joined us and I look forward to reading your posts.

Let me know how tomorrow goes!!  I will be anxious to hear what you have to say.

Thank you Kimmer25.Do you have any special advice? Questions I might forget to ask the Doctor?

This will help answer some questions.  My Tummy Tuck Survival: A Real Life Guide