TITAN Can Damage the Skin - Colorado Springs, CO

I had a TITAN procedure about six weeks ago in an...

I had a TITAN procedure about six weeks ago in an attempt to rejuvenate my aging skin. I wanted a more natural approach to "lifting" and what could be better than to stimulate your own collagen to tighten lax skin?

Well, don't believe the hype. The day after the procedure, I noticed ridges across my forehead that were not there before the procedure. I told the practitioner about it over the phone but she did not seem very concerned. I decided that it might just be swelling and to take a wait-and-see approach. Since the ridges have not gone away since the procedure over six weeks ago, I can only assume that the TITAN laser did irreparable damage to the skin on my forehead. I have not noticed any improvement of any kind to the other parts of my face or neck.

I am canceling the remaining TITAN appointments (I purchased a package of three procedures) and will be seeing a dermatologist to see if I can do something to repair the damage.

I certainly WOULD NOT recommend this procedure.

I had a Titan laser procedure performed on my face...

I had a Titan laser procedure performed on my face and neck seven weeks ago. I was hoping to have some lifting around the corners of my mouth and under my chin.

The day after the procedure, I noticed ridges across my forehead that were not there before the procedure. I assumed that this was swelling and would go away. It has not and now I am left with this damage to my forehead.

I can only hope that a dermatologist can help put my skin back to its original condition.

Buyer beware!

It has now been about nine months since I had this...

It has now been about nine months since I had this TITAN procedure. The ridges across my forehead have healed slightly but not completely (and no, I am not looking up in the "after" photo).

I wrote a complaint letter earlier this year to the "medical spa" that performed the procedure and received a partial refund of my money. Because I had signed a "release from liability" form before the procedure, I felt that I did not have any legal options.

I also have not received any acceptable recommendations for repairing the damage. Having fillers injected into the ridges is not a solution that I will be pursuing.

Therefore, I will continue to use Retinol and Vitamin C cream on my face, eat a good healthy diet (recommended by my dermatologist) and use sunscreen (also recommended by my dermatologist).

I WOULD NOT recommend this procedure to anyone. Those who do recommend it are welcome to their opinions. If you are considering it, do your homework and make sure that you have some recourse if it does not work out.

Good luck. I wish all of you beautiful skin!

The practitioners are personable but the procedures can be damaging. Let the buyer beware.Updated on 28 Dec 2010:Skin damage is not an acceptable outcome for any laser treatments.

I don't quite understand. It looks as if you're wrinkling your forehead. Do you mean the little surface lines when you do that?
You should see the results of Titan immediately. Ask your aesthetician to do one side of your face and then show you the results in a mirror. That's what mine does. I see subtle but visible results...more cheekbone, more definition on the treated side of my face.
Well when you get the titan they tell you you will see résult in 30days.... 45 days later no résult... i think it is not worthed the money. eating tomatoes does a better job.

I have had many Titan treatments, usually 6-9 months apart done by an MD. I have had a great result. Usually can see immediate result in neck and my jowl area is definitely better. I go every 8 months for a "tune-up" and a friend you has not seen me in years asked me who my plastic surgeon was!! LOL

I had titan laser done in Montreal clinic.. i bought a spécial on Groupon... half price they say... I have paid 379 plus taxe 48$... Well i can't tell you ... the différence.. so far doesn't show,,, except in the loss in my wallet... the technician told me i would need two or tree to really see result but i do not really trust her... I think this is an expensive treatment no?

This is exactly what fraxel did to my forehead after 3 sessions. It is not immediate, but I would not recommend fraxel. It takes 6 months or more before the damage appears.
Results after Titan is felt & seen right after the procedure if done correctly. Your skin feels warm, fine textured & tight. A great feeling. It maybe slightly flushed but looks good. Since our skin takes at least a few weeks to a month to grow collagen, where you'll see better results of tightening with much softer lines or wrinkles. Results can last up to a year if you take care of your good health as well as not dramatically loosing a lot of weight (where your skin sags after weight loss). Then do another series of 3-4 for maintenance.
Thank you for your reply it was very helpful.
This is the second year I've been having Titan for my neck, jowls & face. I get the series /package of 3 at a 3 week interval. I see results that are longer lasting than any skin resurfacing procedures. The RN doing this for me also recommended to add Genesis (another laser that closes pores & minimize skin discoloration).I love these procedures so much since I see & my friends notice a "very tight" wrinkle free neck. You are right,that my face & neck are firm due to collagen development post Titan. I'm 58 and these new beauty treats complement my 30ish energy.
How soon after treatmenat do the results of titan show? I have been told anythng from a few hours to a few months...

Can you please tell me what the difference is between Titan and Genesis. I had Titan done in September and was told I would see the best results in 3 to 6 months. However, I saw results in the 3 months following the treatment, and now I look terrible. Wondering which treatment to go for and how much did you pay, if you don't mind sharing that info.

Thanks!

I have had Titan many times at Mona Spa in Memphis, Tn. since it first came out. The owner who does it is extremely experienced and trains doctors, thought she is not one herself.
It is a subtle improvement. I get a little lift that lasts maybe six months. My skin also seems to be quite thick with collagen for a 60-year-old woman. I've never had the slightest problem and no downtime. Recently my lady combined it with a stem cell mask (from sheep). It was the best Titan I've had, more definition in my face than usual. I don't know if that was the reason or it simply was the result of multiple Titans. She says people often say the 4th one is most noticable. Mine was the 6th.
Who does your laser therapy is very very important. Check qualifications and reputations. I've also had excellent laser work done by a nurse who is likewise very experienced and well thought of.

I agree with RevealGirl. Titan is one of the best laser procedures available to rejuvenate "some" loose skin. When there's already so much laxity, due to extreme weight loss,illness or old age, then plastic surgery is recommended. However, to rejuvenate & "tighten" the skin, I 100% recommend. My clinician would do this on my neck, jowls & full face every 3-4 weeks for a series of 3-6 treatments of approx 45-60 minutes. After each treatment, I immediately feel 'stretched'. The results of tight skin and collagen build up lasts for years (at least for me). I'm 62, in great health & maintained a steady weight all my life. I truly recommend this procedure. Above all, it is a relaxing 1 hour of beauty, how can anyone refuse such a treat.

Are you kidding??? Relaxing? It was the most painfully excruciating experience of my life. Like being tortured. I can't believe this review is real, sorry.
Wow I have never seen any thing like this with Titan and I have done this procedure on people and had it done to myself over the last 6 years.

I know pictures can be a bit deceiving at times - in the first picture you seem to be looking forward just smiling. The second picture looks as if you are raising your eyebrows, which most people will get those furrows with expression, unless of course they have botox.

Titan is a great procedure when done correctly. It takes about 1 1/2 hour for full face because you have to do about 300-350 pulses (for a full size Titan head - there are different sizes)at least to get a great treatment, but it totally depends on the person...how big their face is, where the concerns mainly lie, because you can do more pulses in this area. Also it depends on if they overlap the pulses as well. This gives better results.

The company should be give you information. When you have an issue they should report the issue to the laser company (in this Cutera) who has a adverse reaction department that can help them when they have problems. If they are not willing to do this then I suggest you speak directly to the doctor to see what can be done further.

I hope you get this resolved quickly.
Do those ridges stay like that even when you look straight ahead or down?? If that's what you think the Titan procedure caused, you should do more than cancel your appt, you should contact your local Board of Medical Examiners. This practioner clearly didn't know what they were doing. Wow. Sorry for your situation...Good luck getting a fair resolution.

Hi Colorado,

Oh my, I'm so sorry that has happened to you. Have you seen anyone else to see if they can fix your forehead? Please keep us updated. Thank you for your review.

-Britt