Lumps and Bumps From Restylane

I had restylane injections to my upper eyelid for...

I had restylane injections to my upper eyelid for what the doctor termed an "a-frame deformity". After the injections my eyelid would not completely open and the eye was narrower than the other. The doctor had trammed filler across the lid and into the inner corner of the eye. It has pooled and left lumps which pushes the lid down.

During my consultation we discussed putting a small amount just under the brow to see how it would look and how the skin would react. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror and saw what happened to my eye. A year later the restylane has hardly dissolved at all. There are also raised "track" marks where the needle was placed under the skin that are still visible.

I would love it if you would update your review and let us know of any changes you have seen in your eye area. Hoping things are better for you know.

Just get it dissolved with vitrase or hyulaise ASAP and you will be fine but go to someone good like dr Aharonov to dissolve lump -it will fix your problem he has done it successfully for me !
I agree. I sure won't be going back to the self proclaimed "expert in upper eyelid fillers" I went to in Denver. This has been a nightmare.

No changes after two years.

Update

Hello 8969anon and thank you for sharing your story . This is an important story as most doctors will tell you that you will never have any issues with Restylane . I can clearly see that it has been an issue for you and im truly sorry that you have gone through this . Restylane can create problems , it certainly has done for me . If you are really unhappy with the way your eye's look , i would highly suggest that you have the product dissolved , i am sure that you will feel better about the way you look . I have done this as well , i have had some terrible results with restylane , i have had hard lumps under the skin that feel like jelly beans . I seem to have a reaction to any of these products , its as though my skin wants to push the product out . I do have rheumatoid arthritis ( in remission at the moment ) which is an immune suppressing disease and have to wonder if this has got anything to do with the way my body reacts to fillers . Wishing you all the very best and hope that your eye returns to normal soon ,
Thank you - your comments are very much appreciated, too. I would like to have it dissolved because it is not going away on it's own. I am very concerned about problems people have had with the dissolver. This filler is so close to my tear duct I'm worried it will make my already dry eye worse.
I am not aware of hyulaise causing problems , i was relying on this to remove the filler i had . I have had filler dissolved several times and i had no problem . This is really scaring me now ..... what problems are associated with having them dissolved ??? I was hoping that my doctor could do this on friday :( .

RealSelf Doctors on Upper Eyelid Fillers

3 years and counting.....

Thank you to the doctors that answered my question as what to do with the track mark on my eyelid. After 3 years it was still there. The purple streak from the restylane had faded but the raised track mark left by the canula had not. I've been using Kelocote on the mark and it seems to be working.
As for the lumpy mess of restylane in the corner - it's still there. I have been told that restylane can last as long as 5 years in the upper lid. The injecting doctor told me 6-9 months! I was also told that it was done wrong. It should have been injected behind the muscle this was obviously done very superficially under the skin. Which explain all the lumps and bumps.

Damage to right eye from restylane injections. Eye is now wrinkled and smaller.

Damage to right eye from restylane injections.

I have only one advice to give you. Leave it alone. No matter how bad it seems, there is a great chance of making it worse by trying to correct it. I only had hyalouronic acid fillers once 3 years ago. The product instead of being absorbed it hardened and formed 2 bean like bumps that also migrated. The skin above the filler has a dark bluish tint. The plastic surgeon told me not to worry and that it is common. If it was common he should have informed me beforehand. If I knew how common it was I would have never done it. I was also "advised" to dissolve it with hyalouronidase injections and refill the hollows created again with new fillers. I should have stayed with the bumps. My eyelids are hideous. Burned inside out. I don't know if they'll ever recover. The plastic surgeon kept promoting more and more procedures. He told me to inject my cheeks with filler so as to look more youthful and Botox to correct my smile, because he "noticed" it was crooked. There I was burned, scarred for life and he was selling me more "treatments", that don't treat anything, instead they damage you. No matter what their education is, not everyone is keeping the oath. Be smart. Don't trust anyone no matter how sweet spoken they are. It's their bussiness.