Good but Recovery Surprisingly Uncomfortable - Colorado Springs

At 6 days post-surgery I can already tell the fat...

At 6 days post-surgery I can already tell the fat pad is gone and I will be happy with the results in a couple months. The surgery was fast and painfree even with twilight sedation. There is minimal bruising, the swelling is starting to go down as of today (though my face still looks like a chipmunk), and the pain when re-wrapping the area is not as excruciating as it was the first day.

As I have slightly laxer neck/facial skin than is best for this procedure, I've been wearing the compression strap 24/7 as directed. That has been the hardest part! The constant pressure pinning my ears against my head is torture, it's very difficult to swallow and of course, you can't sleep in any position but propped up on your back. I've needed to take the pain med not for pain but just to be able to sleep at night with all the discomfort. It's been like wearing an over-tight hot annoying football helmet constantly for a week. It's impossible to talk on the phone with it and interferes with my concentration for getting work done. Also I have opted to not leave the house while wearing the dressing, so I'm going stir crazy too. Plan accordingly when you decide to have this procedure. Make sure you have someone to bring groceries and take out the trash for the whole first week.

Colorado Springs Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm in Colorado Springs. My doc is Thomas Dalsaso Jr. He's wonderful. He and his Dad have done facial reconstruction surgeries for year to the benefit of many. The son also does a lot of cosmetic procedures and is everything you want in a surgeon: great eye, great skill, driven to do his best always, and also a really nice person. There are great facial plastic surgeons everywhere, so just do your research well and you'll find one!
what is your doctors name and where is he located?
My doctor showed me how to massage the under chin and neck area to minimize adhesions and lumps. I was really shocked by how hard he stretched and rolled the tissue between his fingers! I started doing the same at a couple weeks post-surgery and I now have no lumps at all. I had felt one right below the incision at first.

I will say that one platysmal band is tighter than it was pre-surgery but I continue to work on that and I have no doubt that it will resolve completely in the coming months. See what your doc says about when you should begin the massaging and then don't be afraid to smooth those tissues. But also be patient. Soft tissue is really malleable with daily massage over the months.
Thank you again for the reply. I started doing the massage thing with vitamin E and I think it is working a bit but it kind of hurts. I guess I will just be patient and thankful I was able to get this done. I couldn't find any before and after photos of you. Are you happy with the results? Thank you so much for your help.
Sorry I hate the idea of posting pictures of myself online, so I never do it! I really like my results and I've been getting compliments on it. It's so nice to feel and see my jawline again. But it did take patience with the swelling and discomfort and I'm still doing the massaging. So hang in there! Within 6 months, I hope you will be as pleased with your results as I am with mine.

Marshfield, the swelling took 2 months to go away for me, so try to be patient.  I realize that most doctors say it should be gone in a few weeks, but most of them also haven't had lipo personally or are trying to be very optimistic about the recovery.

Thanks so much for your reply. I now also have a big hard lump. I wish I never told anyboby I was getting this done because I know people are still looking at my double chin thinking it didn't work. Thanks again.
I had vaser lipo 6 days ago and my double chin is still there. Could it just be swelling? I'm nervous it didn't work. Thanks

Hi workinprogress -- So, it's been about 3 months. How are you doing now? Has all of the swelling gone away yet?

I am sooo happy with the results! The swelling is gone, the skin has tightened nicely and I'm getting a lot of unexpected compliments on my "remarkable weight loss!" Now I wish I could afford to do the same all over my body. The only thing that will improve these results is if I can continue to lose a little weight, so my cheeks lose their ever-so-slight jowls and my cheekbones reappear. This procedure was a total success!

Great to hear that you're seeing progress so soon. Yes, the compression garment is the worst part but it makes a huge difference.  You might also try a yoga headband instead because the material on my head wrap was really scratchy.  Best wishes on your recovery.

Thanks much! I have gotten used to the dressing (now just at night and whenever I'm home.) It has definitely helped the healing! I love the results. Now I'm just focused on massaging the neck and throat several times a day to counter some contraction and smooth the pointy lump under the incision. Overall well worth it!
Hey does the $1300 was for everything or did u pay extra for hospital fees? Have a great recovery
It covered everything, but this was a pretty tiny procedure: less than an 1.5 hrs from arrival to leaving. I think the doc was with me well under 30 min.